Dragon Taken down by 1fg Albs (+ a couple of bots)

B

Bleri McThrust

Numbers have been steadily going down for all the realms dragons.

Im waiting for the 2 Pallys and a cleric kill :p

C

cHodAX

Mythic will nerf that soon, doing it with 3fg is just about acceptable but 1fg is insane. 4 hours on one mob is hard going though so :clap: for thier effort.

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Mythic will nerf that soon, doing it with 3fg is just about acceptable but 1fg is insane. 4 hours on one mob is hard going though so :clap: for thier effort.

dragons are imho supposed to the toughest mofo mob ever.. so no I do not agree, 3 FGs should not be able to kill it even if its uberskilled players or not. It should be a true epic encounter which would need the realm to take down imo, 100 lvl50's would not be unreasonable in my book. The way it is now, its just plain silly, 1fg to kill a mob that drop UBERloot. Hello farming...

W

Whoodoo_RD

i agree, the Dragons should be the top mob, both for drops and toughness. Seems a shame better come off lower mobs in TG :(

S

Silenzio

none should be able to kill the dragon...
n if it happen ther should be no respawn.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Silenzio
none should be able to kill the dragon...
n if it happen ther should be no respawn.

So what you're saying is that somewhere in Mythics office, this discussion is going on:

Designer: I have a new design for the latest uberrareunique weapons.

Bossman: Let's hear it.

Designer: Well first off, they give about three times as more bonuses then the epics.

Bossman: Good.

Designer: They have t be dropped by this new totally uber creature i call Ultimantis.

Bossman: Aha. Still liking it.

Designer: And to top it off, we'll put them in a box that needs a key that hasn't been put in the game.

Bossman: Excellent. Make it so.

S

Silenzio

once upon a time in a game far from this ther was a skill called "lockpiking" and a spell called "open lock"

but in truth yess... if somoene wish to see daok
less item hunt ... but more explore ... or just a real rpg

yess...

but is worthless talking

is just kill this to get that...
do this quest abc to earn this other...
so u can do this...

bb

S

Shike

another idea would be that the dragon only spawn very very seldom and there are rumours about the arrival of the dragon among NPCs, once the dragon finally shows up a GM plays it.

Would deffo be more interesting then i think :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I wouldn't worry too much - they've tweaked the dragon difficulty before and I expect they'll do it again.

Then, if they do up the difficulty they can also add a few more nicies to the loot at the same time.

Of course they might just nerf all the classes involved instead ;)

N

-Nxs-

Its not the uberness of players that's needed to kill the dragon, its their full attention - if people do not look at the signals and run away then the attempt is doomed to fail.

the last 3 raids I have been on in alb have all failed when people did NOT read the signals.

The current 3fg system for alb to beat the dragon IMHO is fair and acceptable. but 1fg is just plain silly

F

Flimgoblin

killing the dragon is never certain victory whether you bring 50 or 150.

If people all around the world were reproducing 1fg killing the dragon with ease then perhaps something needs done, but if it's only done after a long hard fight then that's fair enough, not every fight should be about numbers.

(compare to the epic dungeons - all the keylords in Sidi have interesting special abilities that you can pretty much ignore if you have more than 60 people (80 for the horsemen and 120 for apoc) :))

The dragons are the only ones that get harder the more people you bring.

D

Draylor

Try it yourself before you say dragon with 3FG is too easy - it isnt ;)

But doing it with 1FG - thats taking it far too far.

Typical Mythic really, they want the encounter to scale to the number of attackers present, but dont put any lower limit on it - resulting in it being possible with whats clearly fewer people than intended.

A

Aussie-

i think it took them 2-3 hours?
1 mistake from 1 guy and you can fuckup the whole raid.

only thing i dont understand is how they survive the chainstunning which starts at 20%-30% oO

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Aussie-
i think it took them 2-3 hours?
1 mistake from 1 guy and you can fuckup the whole raid.

only thing i dont understand is how they survive the chainstunning which starts at 20%-30% oO

Chain stunning starts at 10% and you get some immunity for a while after the existing one wears off.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Shike
dragons are imho supposed to the toughest mofo mob ever.. so no I do not agree, 3 FGs should not be able to kill it even if its uberskilled players or not. It should be a true epic encounter which would need the realm to take down imo, 100 lvl50's would not be unreasonable in my book. The way it is now, its just plain silly, 1fg to kill a mob that drop UBERloot. Hello farming...

We had 250 people for a dragon raid in midgard once

we all died, and the dragon was at ~70% hp

you should not fail with that many people, but we did

I think 3 fgs is a nice amount... and 4 hours to kill 1 mob is "hardly" farming

A

Aussie-

Chain stunning starts at 10% and you get some immunity for a while after the existing one wears off.

ive done a 25ppl dragonraid last week and he started at 30 fyi

C

cHodAX

ive done a 25ppl dragonraid last week and he started at 30 fyi

I have killed the dragon 4 times in 3fg raid during the last few weeks, he has never started AE stun spamming before 10%. If he has started it early for you then it is either a bug or you have done something to trigger it early.

A

Aussie-

so what?
i'm saying he started at 30% last time we did him.

O

old.Kerosene

I remember the good old days when CWS had so many people there waiting to kill the dragon it was silly...

T

Talen

so what?
i'm saying he started at 30% last time we did him.

What do you mean with "so what?"

A guy with superior experience then you (They do exist even though you dont accept them) just said that during his 4 raids (which I have been to as well) then the dragon has started with his stunning from 20% and downwards hp-wise.

So if the dwagon decides to AE stun before that then you did something to provoke it ><

And that's something that I have been observing as well during my 5 dragon raids ;l

So be less arrogant and more realistic mr excal boi. :eek:

C

cHodAX

7 raids in total but thanks for your post Talen. Sadly seems some people can't accept what other people say even when they say it through experience.

T

Talen

Well I was only speaking from my own memory... I was almost certain that you had been to more raids then me by now ;)

K

Khalen

Dragon might as well be random. You guys don't know for sure you didn't make it :) GOA could have made him a bit different. Maybe even played with it, who knows...

But I don't think he will get tweaked because 4-5 hours is quite acceptable for 1 FG to be busy for those drops. He only drops so many stones because of the amount of people which it took to do dragon in like 10 mins tops with an army. Don't want people to be disappointed to gather 100 people to kill him and only get 5 drops or something. What mythic could consider is to adjust the drops (amount) a bit to the people who take to kill him (at the post counting amount of enemies)...

But still 4-5 hours of hard working and keep fighting ain't very easy. So in some way it's a reward. And ain't it like this: The more stones for sale and going round, the lower the price is because everyone can get one easy. So in some way it could be good as well. Although like the post said on VNBoard they gonna keep doing it -> Farming for cash more then to farm for the respec stones and that might result in a boast to the dragon or a more adjusted combat (like we've seen in early days with the adds that spawned and people being teleported all over DM)

F

Flimgoblin

20% if not 25% :) two bubbles of health left on the dragon - this has happened every raid I've led (including the one on tuesday) - maybe they made the Prydwen one easier? ;)

What I wanna know is how they survive the dragon toasting their cleric ;) spose paladin resses work well.

That said if you keep the dragon on one person it makes the fight a lot easier - if it's rampaging around everyone it seems to glare more often.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Talen
So be less arrogant and more realistic mr excal boi. :eek:

wise words you said there, you should listen to them :)

Y

-yoda-

i think mobs like dragon/legion/summoner shoul be able to be one by smaller grps . especially as the novelty of going there "and reasons for doing so" is dropping ..

used to be a 2-3times a week thing on excal with 100+ people attending each time . now not many dragon raids are on "on a realm size capacity" so those whome may need dragon drops etc shoul be able to go do so , only reason most do dragon these days is for respec stones... n even then all the smaller raids occuring these days peoplea re just going straight to forum n selling there stones. i think Legion shoul be easier to kill with 1-3 fg's also . when was last time u heard of a legion raid? i cant remember lol

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
80 for the horsemen and 120 for apoc

Horsemen only need 45-ish ppl. All you need is ppl who know what /assist is.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom