Dragon raids

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone beside Martoks that runs DR raids here...since most ppl wont even get a chans to get in to his raids...any excal ppl maybe that likes to run a DR now and then?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Rhori said:
what is stopping you to lead one? :)
i´m not the leader type...i´m more of the blocking crazy puller type player

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
i´m not the leader type...i´m more of the blocking crazy puller type player

Get 7 other people.. go kill him!

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
CuddleBunny! said:
I got in on his raid, don't see why others shouldn't..

becuase u are more experianced then some ppl...u are more known in realm then some ppl maybe

CuddleBunny!

Banned
I really really doubt that martok picked me cause I'm a bigger dickhead on FH than others :p
Havent really seen you trying to sign up tho, but I dunno..
Just sign up with a char that not everyone else signs up with, and try to sign up as fast as the raid is announced, if you dont get in just try again, eventually you will get in :)
Took me lots of time to get in to DR rais aswell, but once you get into the DR busniss it gets better! :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
CuddleBunny! said:
I really really doubt that martok picked me cause I'm a bigger dickhead on FH than others :p
Havent really seen you trying to sign up tho, but I dunno..
Just sign up with a char that not everyone else signs up with, and try to sign up as fast as the raid is announced, if you dont get in just try again, eventually you will get in :)
Took me lots of time to get in to DR rais aswell, but once you get into the DR busniss it gets better! :)

Im sorry cuddle but that imho is a large BS. I´ve signed up several times for DRs Talsar´s/Martok´s and i can defenatly say RR/popularity does open doors. I found it very funny when they ask for ppl with experience.... i mean how much experience does it take for some1 to follow instructions and run when some1 yells PBAOE RUN....or even to look at event window to see when glared, not like you need MIT or Oxford to learn that.
DR´s are much like Fixed RvR groups, once a group is made with certain ppl the only way to get in is when some1 bails out at last time.
To prove you that next time Martok plans a DR ill look at sign ups and telll you before it happens who will get picked.

Regards
Kinetic

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Kinetix said:
Im sorry cuddle but that imho is a large BS. I´ve signed up several times for DRs Talsar´s/Martok´s and i can defenatly say RR/popularity does open doors. I found it very funny when they ask for ppl with experience.... i mean how much experience does it take for some1 to follow instructions and run when some1 yells PBAOE RUN....or even to look at event window to see when glared, not like you need MIT or Oxford to learn that.
DR´s are much like Fixed RvR groups, once a group is made with certain ppl the only way to get in is when some1 bails out at last time.
To prove you that next time Martok plans a DR ill look at sign ups and telll you before it happens who will get picked.

Regards
Kinetic
You'd be suprised ;o
If there is 5 or more "noobs" on a raid that dont pay attention, faliour percentage is high :s
And I'm neither high RR or popular, as far as I know :)

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
CuddleBunny! said:

Sure you are .... your my personal star! But tbh Kinetix is well known too ( and omg he is a star! ). DR is not some kind of popularity-contest..... if it where Im sure the grps would look very diffrent.
Experience = fast raids ..... and we realy like it like that. :clap:

/mum

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I will run a DR raid for the less experienced ppls. I've never been on a raid and I've never killed golly and we will prob die but I couldnt give a shit.

I wana do a fun raid for people to come along and see golly and have a go at taking him down. I dont want people to come who think we will win hands down and spam abuse if the entire grp wipes. This will be purely for fun and if we kill him them great, we all get some loot. If not we laugh, say shit that mob is hard, and go back to playing our chars.

I will read up on some tips and hints and make a post soon for a time to meet up. If any experienced players want to come along and help.. great.. if not we do what we can.

TY :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
CuddleBunny! said:
You'd be suprised ;o
If there is 5 or more "noobs" on a raid that dont pay attention, faliour percentage is high :s

Yes that is true cuddle, im not saying untemplated/PLed/unknown chars should get in. But many times i saw posted in singups ppl saying all/melee/heat resists capped and other necessary stats plus experienced not getting in.

Imagine this:
Someone signs up 1rst of his class and between the 10 first of all sign ups and he has all the necessary requirements (stats, experience etc), and then another person (same class) signs up like 2 days after and still gets spot just cause he his more known/higher RR or he usually in standart group, what does this tell us?...

Dont take me wrong, I dont mind ppl picking the usuall ppl because of trust / fun, but stating the fact that this dosent happens for the reasons i stated on previous paragraph is BS.

/hugs Rickie :) i wished i was.

Regards
Kinetic

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Kinetix said:
Yes that is true cuddle, im not saying untemplated/PLed/unknown chars should get in. But many times i saw posted in singups ppl saying all/melee/heat resists capped and other necessary stats plus experienced not getting in.

Imagine this:
Someone signs up 1rst of his class and between the 10 first of all sign ups and he has all the necessary requirements (stats, experience etc), and then another person (same class) signs up like 2 days after and still gets spot just cause he his more known/higher RR or he usually in standart group, what does this tell us?...

Dont take me wrong, I dont mind ppl picking the usuall ppl because of trust / fun, but stating the fact that this dosent happens for the reasons i stated on previous paragraph is BS.

/hugs Rickie :) i wished i was.

Regards
Kinetic
I know exactly how you feel and mean.
Lots of times I signed up with my scout as first scout, even first person to sign up. Had all req's, experience and the whole package, even signed up with cleric and paladin as backup. 3 days later some other scout signs up and get the spot.
It's really really annoying, but I guess we will just have to live with the fact that it's the leader's decision=/

PS: <3 Rickie <3

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
What you folks have to remember is the reason behind the raid...

It's supposed to be a fast, efficient kill for cash and stones as required. If the arcane ring of strength drops it's an added bonus but typically noone cares about the drops anyway as a lot of them really aren't that good any more

I was a regular on the Talsar raids, I am a regular on the Martok ones - although I missed the last 3 due to RL commitments so someone else got a shot at my spot while I was away...

I hear some of you saying how much experience does it take, it's just a mob blah blah blah... Yes, in theory this is true, however I've seen more than my fair share of raids where people just seem unable of think they know better than those asking them to buff, heal, banespike, guard, assist or even remove heal chant from their quick bar.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
Imagine this:

Kinetic

Ok Kin, you're right on one thing here... Those who are regulars tend to get picked in preference to those who aren't...

I really don't see the problem in this though to be honest, for one simple reason. Loyalty.

If someone makes themself available every week, proves themselves to be trustworthy, friendly and never causes a problem in the BG then I personally would reward that behaviour by trying my hardest to include them whenever they want in...

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
CuddleBunny! said:
You'd be suprised ;o
hahahha you not popular, that made me lol irl :p almost everyone knows you from FH :p

but I'm not popular nor high RR <unless you think 2l1 is high :p> but I still got into Talsars raids at some point ^^

Martok

Part of the furniture
Talsar said:
This raid is for experienced Dragon Raiders Only, if you have not attended a Dragon Raid before, don’t sign up, as your inexperience will wipe the Raid out.

Signing up does not guarantee you a position on the Dragon Raid, it is only to let me know you are willing to come. I will pick people whom I think will serve the Raid well and will turn up on the night. Sadly I wish I could take all of you who sign up, but, there are limited spaces

This was talsars rule and well it worked well and i have adopted it, signing up 1st does not guarentee you a spot as i state in every one of my DR threads,

as previously stated i will pick regulars who have shown loyalty, to the raid.

IF you are soo worry about not being able to kill the dragon with my raids then please by all means lead your own no one is stopping you. hell ill even give you as much help as i can.

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Rhori said:
hahahha you not popular, that made me lol irl :p almost everyone knows you from FH :p
reknown is not the same as popularity ;o
Everyone knows MKJ from FH too, he aint exactly popular :p
I do however like to think I'm better than him ateast :eek:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The real problem is too many people in DAoC think that everything should be arranged for them.
The person who leads the weekly dragon raid really isn't any different from the rest of you, except he got off his arse at one point and did something.

Arranging stuff for the first time can be scary sure.. but if you yell in big capitol letters at the start, i'm not sure what i'm doing so there's not 100% chance of success then no-one can blame you if it doesn't go to plan.

If you want to go on a dragon raid, arrange a time and ask for people.. even if your not good at leading there's a fairly good chance that someone who is will sign up and be more than happy to help you out!
Raid leaders will pick people they know and trust every time. If I was leading a dragon raid i'd take someone I knew over some random I hadn't met every time. If you don't know the person, don't expect favours off them. You haven't done anything from them, so don't complain if they don't do anything for you..

Back when I actually ran stuff if someone said "can I join you for X" my answer would probably be no if spaces were limited. If someone said "I want to do X, am making an effort could you come along and help cos i'm not sure of some stuff" then my answer would most of the time of been yes!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Well, here is how I, a low RR person (ok, I have ML's) got on Martok's raids.

Week 1 - Heard a call on Alliance for extras, went along to help, as I had a required class. Went on raid.

Week 2 - Signed up. Didn't get picked. Turned up anyway, and offered any class they wanted (that I had), when 7pm came around, as they were short. Went on raid.

Week 3 - Signed up. Didn't get picked. Turned up anyway, and offered any class they wanted (that I had), when 7pm came around, as they were short. Went on raid.

Week 4 - Signed up. Got picked. Went on raid.

Darzil

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
CuddleBunny! said:
reknown is not the same as popularity ;o
Everyone knows MKJ from FH too, he aint exactly popular :p
I do however like to think I'm better than him ateast :eek:
everyone is better then MKJ imho, he's just bloody anoying :<

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Rhori said:
everyone is better then MKJ imho, he's just bloody anoying :<
Word.
:p
But I understand it's hard to turn down a short female blonde cleric with lastname CuddleBunny! :eek:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
CuddleBunny! said:
But I understand it's hard to turn down a short female blonde cleric with lastname CuddleBunny! :eek:

It's not hard at all... just do it over breakfast!

Zede

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Well, here is how I, a low RR person (ok, I have ML's) got on Martok's raids.

Week 1 - Heard a call on Alliance for extras, went along to help, as I had a required class. Went on raid.

Week 2 - Signed up. Didn't get picked. Turned up anyway, and offered any class they wanted (that I had), when 7pm came around, as they were short. Went on raid.

Week 3 - Signed up. Didn't get picked. Turned up anyway, and offered any class they wanted (that I had), when 7pm came around, as they were short. Went on raid.

Week 4 - Signed up. Got picked. Went on raid.

Darzil

Listen to Darzil. No need for a thread like this when all you gotta do is use your brain !

Talsar

Albion Legend
Hey guys,

Still offline in my new house, so dont check FH that often - cant access it at work it is banned :(

But at my mothers at the moment and was drawn into this wonderful debate :D

Okay i have lead over 59 Dragon raids (all with 100% success - no failures :p) these were weekly raids, and yes when i started to lead them they were ... scary, but i got such a rush from the raid and also from the people whom attended my raids that i continued to lead them.

Yes it is true also that i gave people whom took the time out to sign up every week "their" slot, this was not just because they were expereinced players (i even took the odd Dragon Virgin on my raids), but also because i knew i could rely on people to Turn up when they said they were going too.

You cannot believe how frustrating it is for the people who took time out to signup, leave work early (as i had to do every Wednesday), only to be held up for 30 to 40mins while we looked for replacements for people who just could not be bothered... not sure if Martok has adapted my "blacklist" idea, but i worked on a three strike rule, sign up 3 times and dont show... your banned.

Yes this may seem harsh but i feel that people cant be bothered to show not only let me down but also let down the Dragon Family , and yes i saw the regulars as a family.

But i do agree with some comments, and also disagree with others.... I also know how much it is annoying Martok at the moment with all the negitive press.... I used to get (seriously used to get), over 10 to 20 pm's in game and on FH, and also the odd email from people whining that "they did not get a slot", As everyone who knows me i dont reply to whines, it is not worth the bad kharma. But it hurt none the less.

All i can say is this if you really want to give old Goley a go, go for it.... If you want i will even email you some straegy tips and also various ways to kill her, i'm sure any Dragon Regular can do the same.

And lastly, please dont be too harsh on Martok he is using my rules... I only took experienced players, not just because they knew exactly what to do but also because they became my friends, but like Martok i took the odd virgin too.

If you dont get a slot my best advise is this, show your devotion to the raid i.e. show up every week (even if not picked), and be a stand-by (you will notice i used to pick stand-bys mainly from these people who came anyway), and if there is a free slot that comes up - you get a slot :)

Hope this has been some help to some of you, and i hope to see you all again when i get online in my new house - Still waiting on my broadband :(

Best wishes,

Talsar.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
The legend has returned, all hail the mighty Talsar till he logs of FH again :worthy:

Talsar

Albion Legend
Rhori said:
The legend has returned, all hail the mighty Talsar till he logs of FH again :worthy:

<hugs> how are you going buddy?

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Talsar said:
<hugs> how are you going buddy?
Fine thanks :), getting life back together, even got support on how to keep my money in my wallet :p, how's it hanging for you? :)

Talsar

Albion Legend
Rhori said:
Fine thanks, getting life back together, even got support on how to keep my money in my wallet :p, how's it hanging for you?

Doing good bud, moved into my new house start of February, spent alot of time "getting it nice", ordered my broadband just waiting now :(

Been really really really hard being offline for so long, i am really missing you albion guys & gals, really hate not being able to talk to you either through msn or in game.... cant believe it has been almost 3 months now since i left game :(

But still really miss the comany and companionship i got from Albion, you guys were the best ever, really mean that i played the game for almost 5 years (from beta), and stuck with it not just because of the game, but it was the social aspect i liked the most.

So desprate to get back online hehe ;)

How you? got money in your wallet eh? so that mean your back ingame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom