Shaman:		Cylian		skald
Thane:		Ixoth		thane
Skald:		Bertol		skald
Hunter		Lothar		hunter
Shaman:		Brightmind	?
Thane:		Sheepish	rm
Shaman:		Monolith	skald
Healer(pac):	Sviunn		sb

As usual EVERYONE who applied can consider themselves on the standby list which means you can be pushed up into ANY of the above groups before the raid starts :)

Seeya all at West Skona 7pm (8pm cet)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
3rd time in a row Group 4 ?

that's a joke, isn't it ?

Astar

Fledgling Freddie
i know its a little l8 and tin got in anyway astom is 47.5 atm and 40 aug 30 mend :)

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Group 4? your lucky mate, i am with that "edit: really nice guy" Haroat.

You have it easy, and likely won't be asked to "pick up the soap"

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
3rd time in a row Group 4 ?

that's a joke, isn't it ?

Me 2 m8y. I'd like to get to grp1-3 soon, been in grp 4 like - I don't know - perhaps 10 times in a row? Need badly mlexp.

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Me 2 m8y. I'd like to get to grp1-3 soon, been in grp 4 like - I don't know - perhaps 10 times in a row? Need badly mlexp.

Hate to say this m8 but as a Thane you won't get into Grps 1-3. :mad:
As to ML exp the Dragon gives a huge 1% ( :cheers: ), which you should get whichever group you're in.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I don't need ML exp, Dragon items/trophies or anything ... I need respec stones and nothing else.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
To Cylian and Ixoth

The reasons you guys dont get into groups 1-3 I thought was obvious but ill explain... For teh raid to have the best chance of success we need a tried and tested method to kill the dragon taking into account some of the random events that can happen when we are in the lair e.g. huge amounts of dog pops with greater chance of the 12 high purp adds, massive amounts of additional drak agro IN the lair and if she decides one night to just go pbae berzerk - all of which happen sometimes so for the best chance of a successfull raid I choose ppl specced in the group setup i normally use as its proven to work - personally i have run 11 raids there now and ALL of them we killed her on the FIRST attempt except for one when we had to have 2 goes at her...... however I will do a raid soon for varied classes on an ADDITIONAL day to see how an alternative group setup works, If this alternative setup does work more than once or twice then I see no reason why we can do regualar raids with varied groups.

Hope this explains everything for you guys and im sorry that you feel left out but as I always say in my initial post I have my reasons for choosing the ppl and the setup I do.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
second or third time not even picked for any group while alot of people have been accepted everyweek. personally m8 i think this is unfair, its pretty much accepted sum people sign up there in most times. i.e. lenore, bu5m4, ormorof etc. i do realise they may not be accepted everytime, but pretty much everytime they have signed up they have been accepted, where as people signing up for the raid only get a spot if "oh i cant make it", or at least thats how it looks to me. not 2 mention the fact that its quiet obvious your not working on a first come first serve basis.

and while on the subject of me not being picked this week, is it because im Nimbuz and according to u i was a "nucense" on the last raid - because all i actually did was say "can i fill a spare space in grp 4 with my cave/aug shammy?" you said "yeh sure but ask ixoth" ixoth ok'ed it, so i grabbed my shammy and headed off to u, only to be told i had 2 PROOVE myself worthy or whatever even though u siad i was allowed, so i pmed u saying im Nipi bla bla bla but because of lag i sent the pm twice, and so i get 2 skona, then all i say is "here" to ixoth, and u start telling me off in /bu saying im a nucense, and if any 1 complains about me im off the raid, when in matter of fact the only TRULY anoying thing i might have done was send you a PM twice by accident. i personally found this quiet humiliating. :puke:

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
No offense to anyone here, but it's after all Bluesky who organizes these raids. He sorts the groups out after how he knows it works and what he thinks is best. He's already stated that he wants to try organizing raids with other setups to try those too. And I don't think he goes through 10 lists to see who's been in most and who's been out most.. I know I wouldn't.

If people are really unhappy with not being picked for a group or anything, why not organize raids at other times yourself and sort the list out however you think is best?

I have to admit that I've been really lucky on these raids. Have signed up for 4 and I've been to 4. The first time I was in the standby list, but so many ppl didn't show up, so we ended with being 3 ppl in grp4, 2 thanes and myself. Still, we managed to get all the dogs that escaped and the raid was a success.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
find some other shamy for G4. No point wasting my time there.
It's your raid, so your choice of who get's in <shrug>

But for the 'for greatest chance of success' argument, that's plain simple not true.

I've participated in the very first Zerg-DragonRaids to the very first 3FG Dragon Raids.
The first 3FG Dragon Raids didn't have the luxury of ML Abilities or Artifacts, still they were succesful.

You could aswell restrict those Raids to "Norse-ONLY!", plain simple due to the reason that they get 5% extra cold resists and 3% extra slash resists. Biggest chance of success.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
find some other shamy for G4. No point wasting my time there.
It's your raid, so your choice of who get's in <shrug>
No offense Cylian, but if we'd all have that attitude about G4, there wouldn't be any dragon raids at all.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I'm no fan of PvE, sorry. Dragon Raids with all those MLs are dead boring, no challenge involved.
Only reason to go there is for the respec stones.

...and it's doable with only 3FG, just not the "sleepwalking" way.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I'm at work atm so dont have enuff time to reply to you guys individually but after tonights raid i will address all "accusations" put against me furthermore I WILL organise less specific group setups in the near future which should hopefully please more people..... if we kill the dragon ofc.... only time will tell.

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Inca said:
Group 4? your lucky mate, i am with that "edit: really nice guy" Haroat.

You have it easy, and likely won't be asked to "pick up the soap"

lol shut up, atleast u dont have to put up with the both of us (me and len) this week :p.. feel sorry for poor poor jakey... poor guy has had to associate with us weekly for about 5 months :p /hugggles jakey

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
I'm no fan of PvE, sorry. Dragon Raids with all those MLs are dead boring, no challenge involved.
Only reason to go there is for the respec stones.

...and it's doable with only 3FG, just not the "sleepwalking" way.

Then do your f**king own raid then. Reading this thread has made me furious about the narrowminded and inherently selfish attitudes of people on here. First of all group 4 is a requirement to the raid, if your are not prepared to be in group 4, then don't sign up and don't expect a spot. I was on stand by 4 weeks in a row before i got an actual spot, everytime i was in /bg ready to bring whatever character bluesky needed to fill a group. For my patience and attendance i have now got a spot in a set group (albeit with haroat), and thats how it should work.

@Nimbuz your always a pain in the arse on raids, i had some1 pm me about how many guilds you had been kicked from and i had 2 people pm me when i organised a raid about people to watch out for, and both mentioned your name. Again if your that bothered about Bluesky then organise your own, cause if you had made that post on one of my raid threads you wouldn't stand a chance of getting on that raid, nor any other.

To any1 wondering, do you know what Bluesky gets for leading these raids?? Agro... thats what. He gets no extra drops/cash/xp/mlxp anything... all he gets is agro. Personally i am a bit mad with him for even listening what people have put on here. If you are unreliable, he ain't gonna pick you, if you aren't prepared to do group 4, he ain't gonna pick you and if you bug him on the raids/forums then he ain't gonna pick you. He is not a gm trying to spice up life for mids, nor has he any responsibility to any mids out there. He could happily pick his 32 closest friends each week and there would be nothing wrong with that. But he doesn't he, he regularly alternates and gives a lot of new people a shot.

The success of the dragon raids has been his attention to detail, he has 3 opt'ed groups that when supported by a group 4, FoP etc... not just suceed at the dragon raid, but almost rule out failure. Some hypocritical idiot back there worte "i am only in it for the stones" and then said you didn't need opt'ed groups. To the afforementioned idiot i say this, if you only want the stones then surely you want the highest chance of success?? ahh... wait, that goes against ur selfish ways... nuff said.

As for people like Lenore and others that got mentioned with "set" places you have to think why? The number of times Lenore has been on stand by is likely more than she has been in set groups, Lenore has a capped TOA template with Font of Power and Det field, both very useful for DR and lastly she is a pleasure to work with unlike others. She is just like the other people that were mentioned in the "set" positions, so to the muppets posting on here, sort your facts about before you spam like little girls.

For the first 4 weeks in turned up to the DRs it was chance whether i would be picked yet i wouldn't dream of letting Bluesky or the raid down. For that i was rewarded a spot in set groups (i am aware it is not a fixed spot as are all others). If people that whine on this thread get spots without wanting to help the raid in group 4 or by being on stand by, then its a travesty against those players that are. Why should Bluesky pick selfish mofo's when he has keen and helpful players to choose from?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
as for me running my own raid, im more than willing to tbh but the chance of getting a good turn out would b low but im more than willing 2 give it a shot.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Inca said:
@Nimbuz your always a pain in the arse on raids, i had some1 pm me about how many guilds you had been kicked from and i had 2 people pm me when i organised a raid about people to watch out for, and both mentioned your name. Again if your that bothered about Bluesky then organise your own, cause if you had made that post on one of my raid threads you wouldn't stand a chance of getting on that raid, nor any other.

well essentially Nimbuz is now played by sum one else, as is darksword, now if u want to know my reputation on raids, ive attended quiet a few raids as granitus, and darksword, im pretty much always ready to help people best i can, but let me say Nimbuz is completely different to before if you didnt know, its a different person.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
OH and i havent been kicked out of any guilds, ive essentially been in Bounty Hunters, Jordheim Peoples Front, Heros of Vigrid, and was in WOTM for a bit, BHers, JPF, Heros of vidgrid AND venom = all 1 guild, all same people. i have not been kicked out of any guilds, and fine, i shall try and run my own dragon raid :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the reason some people are picked every week has to do with several things:

1: Raid experience, i have on these raids almost every week since before christmas, jake has been on these raids along with me for god knows how long, same goes for bu5m4 whatever :p

2: Dependability, Bluesky KNOWS that if he picks certain people they WILL be there, it is incredibly frustrating to pick people for a DR and then they dont bother turning up, this also means you need to wait for ages to find replacements which can be very frustrating

3: Ability to think and listen, (yes i know this might sound far fetched but im running out of ideas :p ) the group leaders bluesky picks because they fit the above 2 reasons and he knows they will listen to him and be able to explain things to people who are relatively new to dragonraids (if theres something they dont understand, or they arent sure what to do etc). if people dont listen to what bluesky tells them the raid fails, pure and simple, when i organised DR's i had one raid that comes to mind probably the most balanced, well setup g1-3 and g4 was full of thanes and healers....... yet because some people just didnt listen to what they were told (ie dont cast out of melee range etc) the raid failed, bluesky, thank god, is better at making people listen than i am, thats why he has had 11 succesful raids.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I've tired of telling ppl what the group 4 do, thus I've made macroes to tell the drill of grp 4 :p like Bluesky has done his macroes what to do in DR raid. Saves a lot of time - seems there is always at least one in grp 4 who doesn't know the drill.

What I am saying? I am saying that grp leaders perhaps should make their own sexy macroes of telling what each in his/her grp are req to do, IF there is some1 in a grp who doesn't yet know the drill of that particular grp..

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
I'm at work atm so dont have enuff time to reply to you guys individually but after tonights raid i will address all "accusations" put against me furthermore I WILL organise less specific group setups in the near future which should hopefully please more people..... if we kill the dragon ofc.... only time will tell.

f**k 'em Blue ... you owe these complaining muppets NOTHING

As for organising less optimised DRaids .. well, thats your choice, and tbh I would only do this if it was something YOU wanted to try out, not because the whiners want you to.

arawem

Loyal Freddie
Ok, i agree with most of the posts here. This is BLUESKY RAID, so he have TOTAL rights to get the people HE WANTS to come. People dont have ANY rights to be in the raid cause its bluesky decission after all. :twak:

For me, i have been to allmost every DR he have runned, but if for any reasson he want take another pbt runie instead of me, it will be ok as it is HIS raid.

If u dont agree ur totally free to run ur own DR, u have another 6 days to plan one.

For Bluesky, keep up the nice work, i allways enjoy ur DRs :cheers:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
well it just doesnt seem fair that sum people get a chance every raid where a others r just taken when certain people cant make it :p but whatever, im not saying he has 2 pick me just doesnt seem very fair on every1 in midgard <Shrugs>

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
So, you're saying I'm a "selfish" "idiot", since the explicit -only- loot I would have any use for are stones, not any of the weapons, armors or trophy ?

Why do you join these raids if not for the loot ?
One option would be because you consider it fun to slay the dragon, but unless you go ahead and say "I'm here to kill the dragon, split my share of the loot among those who don't get anything", you have NO right to call anyone selfish ... simply because you're just as selfish as everyone else.

For the people in G4 it's mostly a waste of time, think of it what they do.
They come to the meeting point in Skona just like G1-3 members, during the raid they wait for dogs. After the raid they have the same chance as the G1-3 members on some of the Dragon loot and afterwards can lotto for a single Full Skill Respec stone and one Realm Ability Respec stone.
So they invest as much time as everyone else on these raids, still have a far lower chance of actually getting a reward for the time invested.
Don't tell me that they "just" stand at the exits and don't work for the success of the raid, they have to pay as much attention to the process of the fighting as the people actually bashing the dragon. Just nothing to do until the dogs pop.

An alternative approach to loot distribution would be, that people can beforehand claim what their main interest is, either loot or stones.
Think of it like this, dragon dies and lotto starts, now people who're there for loot get to roll for it, afterwards stones go to those who didn't want loot at all. If everyone who needed stones got one, the remaining ones can be distributed to those who had gone for loot to the raid.
Chances for everyone getting something from it would be considerably higher than they're with the current system.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
For the people in G4 it's mostly a waste of time, think of it what they do.
They come to the meeting point in Skona just like G1-3 members, during the raid they wait for dogs. After the raid they have the same chance as the G1-3 members on some of the Dragon loot and afterwards can lotto for a single Full Skill Respec stone and one Realm Ability Respec stone.
So they invest as much time as everyone else on these raids, still have a far lower chance of actually getting a reward for the time invested.

I've been in G4 and I didn't consider it a waste of time... Like you say, G4 has equal chance as the others for the loot. I didn't get anything on my first raid from lotto (in G4), although Dharken was sooo nice he gave/lent me a RA respec stone, just so I could "feel" what it was like.. ;) Thanks again, Dharken. Would I have felt that it was a waste of time even if Dharken hadn't been so nice to me? No, I wouldn't. Because I helped with the raids success, and I didn't whine about not being put in an initial group or just getting in group 4 after the raid. I had a great time with the people on that raid.

I'm not in it just for the stones, I'm in it for the fun of a raid like that. It's mostly a very friendly atmosphere on Bluesky's raids that I really like, and seeing as every time I've been logged in the last week, it's been awfully quiet, this DR will be the high point of my DAoC week.. Have things IRL this weekend that will most likely weigh a lot more though (a once in a year kinda thing).

I know that if I organized raids like this, I would rather give spots to the happy, cheerful people that appreciated a raid being organized rather than people who say "I haven't been in G1-3 2 times in a row now" or "Bah! G4 is a waste of my time, count me out"....

feril

Fledgling Freddie
I cant come to todays DR, didnet find you ingame Blue so i hope you read this in time to find a replacment for me in G3 (Silvermane)

thanks for the group spot btw =)

ps. try to move it to like thusdays, wensdays are party day in the summer =)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Amen Aremeriel! :)

I must say that I've been lucky (or perhaps it's the name I built for myself) to been in the main groups now (today for the third time).
At the raids I organise it's no issue which class you are or whatever, cos at a 100+ raid.. we just march over everything, but whenever a raid requires a fixed setting for groups, it's inevitable that some people (most even) will not be placed. you just can't put 16 people in 1 group... well only albs can.
Organising a succesfull dragon raid requires some rules on how the groups are set up. without those rules a whipeout is pretty much certain.
and with other rules like loot and stuff, that's Blue's decision entirely. If you don't like it, don't apply. simple. When you did apply you have no right to complain, cos the rules are set in the openingpost and you agreed with them when you pressed [reply].

I myself are not in for the loot or the stones.. ofcourse they probably make me apply more often, but I would join nontheless even if gjalpi didn't drop anything, just cos it's fun!

and like aremeriel said, if I were organising a raid like this, I would think twice before placing a whiner in my groups.

about darkswords situation, you've gotta take in concideration that blue is under some pression when the raid is on, and any raidleader get's aggitated pretty quick at those times, and it can happen that things are interpreted differently, and when getting a fuckload of pm's per minute it's easy to forget stuff what you said before and to who you said it. I'm pretty confident that when you explained the situation last raid in /bu like you did just in this thread being that second pm an mt and stuff you would've had way more chance for positive reactions, but you started to whine immediately, without staying 'cool'. that's a big mistake, cos you'll only make yourself look worse, and noone reacts 'cool' whey u aren't yourself.

just my 2 ¢

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom