Dragon Raid - Sunday 23rd March 19:00cet - Big Ones!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
That oversized chicken has been left alone for way too long!

Gather at the Svarhamr Bindstone at about 18:30cet, and we'll go for the big dragons, namely Gjalpinulva, Cuuldurach and Golestandt.

Those three are the objectives of the quest: Dragonslayer.

What you should do before the raid:
- cap cold, heat and spirit resists in your template. As well as con and hits.
- if you can, get Avoidance of Magic as high as possible

If you reckon another spec would be more helpful than your current spec/RA setup, I can provide respec stones, just gimme a yell.

What we know so far is this:
- Shortly after Gjalpinulva(Cold) is attacked, Cuuldurach (Spirit) and Golestandt (Fire) join the fight.
- The Alb and Hib dragon are relativly similiar to adolescent dragons.
- Gjalpi ignores a Crystal Titan in her lair, the other two go for it.
- During the fight, Gjalpinulva uses a debuff spell that gives a 75% chance for a spell fail as well as pretty powerful nukes.
- the nukes are about 3-4 seconds after a message (xxx inhales ...)

Rumors:
- summoned mobs can be instantly killed by confuse
- dragon calls in all remaining mobs in the lair nearing the end

Considering this, the tactics are this:

We'll kill the drakulvs around the lair first.
Then an ungrouped char attacks Gjalpinulva, suiciding. This should trigger the other two dragons to show up.
Afterwards we try to kill one dragon at a time by pulling them outside/to the border of the lair and kill them there, starting with the alb dragon and continueing with the hib one.
Should this fail, and all three come at the same time, we'll need to get a warrior on each and focus on one.
Casters should kill every mob that (re)spawns in the lair, preferably working together.
A Runie or two would be great, would be nice if we could avoid the spellfail debuff with keeping the dragon nearsighted.

In the event of a Nuke (PBAE) spread out!

Feel free to add more info :)

For the respecs: contact pretty much anyone in the Savage Conclave (pretty sure that's me), Crithness and Eiein are my bots.

Kartof

Fledgling Freddie
Oo, will try to be there, but rl (kids) making it hard to me to game be4 20.00 cet

Will bring Rezzmy (shammy)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Battlegroup is up on Helsk-Prydwen

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Took it's time, but ...

kill Golestandt ...check
kill Cuuldurach ...check
kill Gjalpinulva ... CHECK!

Well done everybody! :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
awww i missed it :( fucking easter and all the dinners i must attend to :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
In regard to future raids, what happened during the fighting:

1. Attacking Gjalpinulva results in Golestandt and Cuuldurach joining the fight.
2. Gole and Cuuld can be pulled outside the lair and equal an adolescent dragon.
3. On the second attempt they developed a rather annoying double-teaming!
(couldn't single pull them anymore, but at some point Cuuld just walked off)
4. Those two drop only remains*

Fighting Gjalpinulva
5. Massive nukes (PB)AE
6. Spellfail and silence debuffs - can't even purge those
7. turning all attackers into headless drakulvs - pulsing disease while transformed
8. spawn dogs that fetch several drakulvs from outside the lair
9. calls in every remaining mob inside the lair
10. summons mob - summoned mobs (draks and dogs) can be instantly killed by Cowering Bellow (ML) and Confuse (Runie)

Nearsighting the dragon helped quite a bit, atleast I think it was a tad bit easier while Gimpios was around ;)
Keeping the resists up at all times is a must, as well as rebuffing.

Group1 focussed on Gjalpinulva, while Group2/3 killed off any other mobs in the lair + and plenty of bots to rezz up.

*Now, for the Remains of Cuuldurach and Golestandt, those weren't handed to me afterwards yet. According to the logs, they went to Ceddwen and Karamus, so please contact me since I'm sure there's a few people that're quite interested in those getting lottoed.

Thanks to all who attended :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
a little sidenote, after you're done with the Dragonslayer quest, you can sell the Dragonbane weapon back to the Svartalfs for the full price.

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Now, for the Remains of Cuuldurach and Golestandt, those weren't handed to me afterwards yet. According to the logs, they went to Ceddwen and Karamus, so please contact me since I'm sure there's a few people that're quite interested in those getting lottoed.

Thanks to all who attended :)

Hi Helsk .. sorry, first time on Freddy's since the raid, so I've only just seen this post. Merc mentioned the remains a couple of days ago. I honestly can't remember seeing them but then, they could well be in my inventory! I didn't look at the time and I'm currently waiting for my account subscription to unlock so I can get back online :-(
As you know, I crashed after the raid and couldn't get back on; now to make matters worse GOA's wonderful billing system has locked my account half way through renewing subs - I've tried 3 times so far! Looks like there's a chance I'm going to miss all the stuff going on this weekend :mad:

Hope to catch you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom