dragon hunt

G

gwal

I was thinking about setting up another dragon hunt. I know the last one has had its "problems" - but I still want to do it.
I want to hear if ppl are up for it - and I will personally be gathering the item drops IMIDIATLY after the dragon is dead.

for those who do not know me very well or dont know me at all, you can ask the members of illuminati, and a lot of ppl outside of the guild if I am trustworthy.
I have put a lot of time into this game and I enjoy it very much so I will do my best to make things go as smoothly as possible.

I would also like for ppl to write how they think the item drop lotto should be handled - this is not ment to be a long discussion, but an inspiration to me and those who help me distribute the items, so plz dont make any long critisism on other ppl´s ideas.

A

aussie-

i think everyone wants it to kill again.... we were just waiting for someone to take the initiative ;)

C

Cerverloc

I was actually mentally preparing for Legion when DF comes.

G

gluwen

dragon is ded

suer i am whit you and give teh lot 2 who can ues it

I

Israfael

I wouldn't mind being in on this one - just please make people aware ;)

X

--xion--

yea make the whole of albion know! getting them all to come may be hard bit..

O

old.Outlaw

Count me in :clap:

Who cares how we share the drops (as long as I get the Robes fo the Magus) w00t w00t :clap: :clap:

E

--Eraser--

nice, count us in...

about the lotto and how its gonna work:

although mallus did a great job i still dont understand how it worked with these numers at least, so here my idea:

same procedure as last time, guilds pick a numer and sign up for items they can use (char 45+ or similar).

copper drop again, guild who is nearest with it's number is allowed to CHOOSE one item in it's own right they signed in for and then are out of the lotto.
then guild after guild can pick in order who is next close to the number. it might happen then that a guild is allowed to pick an item but all items they signed in for and can use are already choosen by other guilds who where allowed to pick before...bad luck then but imao still the best way to do this.
its nearly the same like mallus did, just that its more obvious how the items are beeing given away in the end.

just an idea...

S

Stallion-

Im on it just gonna pump my char to 50 and then im rdy :)...

A

[Abrams]

I've two ideas for handing out drops. Both are fairly straight forward and use the same method for determining the 'winning numbers'.

1. "50's Favourite"

Before the hunt begins, give a number from 0-99 to each lvl 50 that attends. If there are less than 100 lvl 50's then give them to lvl 49's, then lvl 48's etc on a first come first served basis. If their number is picked after the dragon is slayed they get to choose any item from the loot list for themselves. First number picked = first choice of loot.

2. "Big Guilds Bonanza"

Assign a number from 0-99 to a guild for every 5 people they have lvl 40+ attending the hunt. Loot choice is made by the guild If their number is picked from the list. If no guild has the number picked then the next number is used.

Now, to select the winning numbers... "Mr Dragon Chooses YOU!"

Before the "random" command has been introduced it's a little tricky. Here's my suggestion which I find apt. Have 4 groups that contain the majority of people at the same lvl and different guilds. After the Dragon is slain, the exp gained by the majority is used to work out the winning numbers.

Example:

lvl 50's in group 1 get 13,392,045 exp.

Winning numbers are sets of 2 digits, from left to right after removing the leading digit. I only remove the leading digit because I think it's more likely a number 10-20 would appear there.

So, 1st prize goes to number 33
2nd = 92
3rd = 04

...other groups exp is used to determine the rest of the winning numbers. Ofcourse, a copper drop is simpler but the dragon should really be the one handing out the loot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread