Dragon Empires

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well. I'd been considering moving over to this, but I guess that it is WoW or nothing now.

gimpchimp said:
Ah well. I'd been considering moving over to this, but I guess that it is WoW or nothing now.

WoW is so over rated ;) trust me. you just cant take an RTS and turn it into an MMORPG :)

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
No doubt too busy replacing 2004 with 2005 in all their games ready for Christmas.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Omg!! :( :(

I was sooo waiting for this game. This sucks. Canceling game at so late stage sounds quite odd to me. Hope they get back on it next year...

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
GrisomWarshadow said:
WoW is so over rated ;) trust me. you just cant take an RTS and turn it into an MMORPG :)
Sorry, but that's the most generalistic view on things ever. WoW isn't trying to be an MMORTS, it's an MMORPG which uses the background of the RTS, which happens to be just as rich as any other MMORPG on the market.

I won't trust you, as the chances are you haven't played the game itself.

I also won't trust you, as I've been playing MMORPGs since the early days of UO and I know what I want. That is an MMORPG where levelling isn't a chore and the gameplay is fun. Guess what upcoming MMORPG meets those requirements? (I'll give you a hint, it isn't EQ2)

If you're going to try and argue against WoW, at least make a good argument.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I still think WoW will be shit, but not because its based on a RTS game, I loved WCII and I like the universe its based around, I just think blizzard have ruined the feel of the game with its stupid cartoony graphics.

But anyway, back on subject, its sad to hear about Dragon Empires, I had ear marked that game for retiring from daoc for. :(

The programmers must feel gutted, wasting all that time on it.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Lore in wow is based on a rts u gimps the games are different...
dragon empires where surely something I coulda played beta ..
now its wow or darkfall that will be my next mmo...

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i was looking forward to DE also . been recieving the news emails reguler from em for ages :(

as for WOW the ONLY thing that worrys e is that its run my Blizzard... and as many of u will know from your Diablo2 days .. there servers are full of hacks n shit . and are VERY slow at repairing em :( ......

some may say that paying subscription will keep the hackers away but i seriously doubt it in the long run hackers will fuck WOW up IMO.

Jpeg[LOD] said:
i was looking forward to DE also . been recieving the news emails reguler from em for ages :(

as for WOW the ONLY thing that worrys e is that its run my Blizzard... and as many of u will know from your Diablo2 days .. there servers are full of hacks n shit . and are VERY slow at repairing em :( ......

some may say that paying subscription will keep the hackers away but i seriously doubt it in the long run hackers will fuck WOW up IMO.

that and theyre Forums are overrun by 12yr old retards who like nothing better than slagging each other off for no reason.. sounds a lot like VN really.

i agree bout the hackers, Blizzard have a shit rep for dealing with it, i hope they crack down on this, otherwise theres not a lot else left to choose from, might boot up mi old UO acct one more time =(

ye-roon

Fledgling Freddie
GrisomWarshadow said:

uhm, blizzard = Diablo.

I think blizzard can make a RPG in the warcraft universe.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Diablo series rocked, I was hoping they'd turn that into a mmorpg rather then WC to be honest.

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
It'd be a very finite story with Diablo. WC offers far more in the story stakes.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok just a thought. Can't they be waiting for WoW to release? Since they know that it is the most expected game (and the only one that has the power to ban DAoC from quite enough gamers lives) I think that they might want to see how WoW goes and then release at a more appropriate time when the competition wont be so hard. WoW might be disapointing to the many that awaits in a rush and then who will come to the rescue...???

Don't know... just thoughts.

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
not so gud

too many bugs (beta i know played beta us servers..)

they wont fix major issues or at least some sort of middle ground, ie the rest system - not many people would be happy if they loaded in, use up all their end, and had to wait 10 hrs real time so taht char could "rest and recover" :eek7:

so ok u start another char on the same account, and then er another, and another and oh another - their issues with grinders and people that love playin the same char to a higher lvl is rly........ :touch:

then theres the fvf (faction vs faction) wohoo this could be gud ! but no.... the battlenet kids cry that they will not wait for a 10 min port (like daoc or swg) to such zones so blizz in their infinate brainstorming created BIND STONES !! inside the fvf zones ! (can you imagine bind stones at atk in emain....??) :touch:

okok its a nice quirky world (clever use of wc) with appeal - to some limit, but them bowing down on such things as in the carebear pve'rs whining that they can't be forced to fvf / pvp - so blizz creates pvp items only that pve'rs can't get. wohoo fvf'rs getting something the pve'rs can't possibly a nice cookie, but then the pve'rs cry and cry discrimination (lol) and so blizz scrub the fvf items only and make it so pve'rs can kill high grade mobs for the items... :twak:

in short theyre dumb, and joined the mmorpg wagon too late, coupled with their track records with d1, d2, and wc3 patches.... this wont rly appeal to hardcore mmorpg'rs - tho it will to a large majority of battlenet kids who know no better.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
that and theyre Forums are overrun by 12yr old retards who like nothing better than slagging each other off for no reason.. sounds a lot like VN really.
Funny someone with your forum history should drop a remark like this.

Marc

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Funny someone with your forum history should drop a remark like this.

rofl was thinking the same

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
DaanLand said:
too many bugs (beta i know played beta us servers..)
I'm not even sure I want to answer this line. "too many bugs", "beta us servers". Two and two equals?
they wont fix major issues
They've been quick to fix bugs so far, why won't this continue into the real game?

or at least some sort of middle ground, ie the rest system - not many people would be happy if they loaded in, use up all their end, and had to wait 10 hrs real time so taht char could "rest and recover" :eek7:
You gain experience at double rate when rested, normal rate when not. This is a system designed to make it so that casual gamers can still compete with the hardcore gamers. It also only applies to monster kills and not quests, which most of the experience for levelling comes from.

so ok u start another char on the same account, and then er another, and another and oh another - their issues with grinders and people that love playin the same char to a higher lvl is rly........ :touch:
Apparently levelling up is stupidly easy anyway, so it makes little difference.
then theres the fvf (faction vs faction) wohoo this could be gud ! but no.... the battlenet kids cry that they will not wait for a 10 min port (like daoc or swg) to such zones so blizz in their infinate brainstorming created BIND STONES !! inside the fvf zones ! (can you imagine bind stones at atk in emain....??) :touch:
Well, I've not heard anything about that, so I won't comment.

okok its a nice quirky world (clever use of wc) with appeal - to some limit, but them bowing down on such things as in the carebear pve'rs whining that they can't be forced to fvf / pvp - so blizz creates pvp items only that pve'rs can't get. wohoo fvf'rs getting something the pve'rs can't possibly a nice cookie, but then the pve'rs cry and cry discrimination (lol) and so blizz scrub the fvf items only and make it so pve'rs can kill high grade mobs for the items... :twak:
The PvP reward system goes in next patch. GG for paying attention though.

in short theyre dumb, and joined the mmorpg wagon too late, coupled with their track records with d1, d2, and wc3 patches.... this wont rly appeal to hardcore mmorpg'rs - tho it will to a large majority of battlenet kids who know no better.
A lot of high end EQ guilds are planning to jump to WoW over EQ2. I also know of a lot of hardcore MMORPGers who are planning to make the switch. Well done on the sweeping generalisation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom