dragon campaign

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
so unless i do some quests within a certain timeframe there is equipment i will never have access too ?

sorry to ask this question again , but not quite sure i have understood how its gonna work yet on long term.

shanison

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure I'll get corrected if I have got this wrong, but from what I understand, the quests for the items will always be there, but there are other tasks which give some decent xp and gold, that are removed after a while.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Dragon armor and weapon will be be available to get from other quests (harder than the ones existing atm in US). Medal of honor and cloack of might and magic no. But, rewards with same utility will be available for the next compaign. So to get the medal of honor and the cloack, you will need to do all the quests in this timeframe, around 2 month if not mistaken.

There is a post from whoodoo somewhere will all the info available on this, including the reply concerning the rewards from mythic.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
i really dont like this concept , possibly even worse than TOA , never thought i would say that about a DAOC expansion.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OMG you just might have to PvE, oh the shock of it all, ITS TEH END OF TEH WORLD!!

Actually, each part of the quest takes 15-20 minutes of your time, so it aint exactly taxing on what little time you may have left on the planet before the zargons destroy it to make way for an intergalactic bypass. /sarcasm off.

Seriously, you dont seem to read anything except threads you ask questions in, and OMG if TOA and all PVE aint easy mode to please you whingers enough, theres people like Bluesky and me who put together spoilers to help you do it without taxing what little you have in the way of grey matter.

In answer to your already whinefully repeated question, the campaign will be around for 2-3 MONTHS at least, and is release in weekly/forenightly parts, each taking 15-20 minutes. If you cant afford time to do them, then how the heck do you play as it probably takes that long to bloody login.

/end rant.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
OMG you just might have to PvE, oh the shock of it all, ITS TEH END OF TEH WORLD!!

Actually, each part of the quest takes 15-20 minutes of your time, so it aint exactly taxing on what little time you may have left on the planet before the zargons destroy it to make way for an intergalactic bypass. /sarcasm off.

Seriously, you dont seem to read anything except threads you ask questions in, and OMG if TOA and all PVE aint easy mode to please you whingers enough, theres people like Bluesky and me who put together spoilers to help you do it without taxing what little you have in the way of grey matter.

In answer to your already whinefully repeated question, the campaign will be around for 2-3 MONTHS at least, and is release in weekly/forenightly parts, each taking 15-20 minutes. If you cant afford time to do them, then how the heck do you play as it probably takes that long to bloody login.

/end rant.

are you mad ?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
are you mad ?
Nope, just get cheesed at people whining when a peice of half decent PvE comes along and people qq about it, some need reminding what this genre of game is supposed to be all about.:flame:

Others would say I am though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, just get cheesed at people whining when a peice of half decent PvE comes along and people qq about it, some need reminding what this genre of game is supposed to be all about.:flame:

Others would say I am though.

I'm not the biggest fan of pve, but the dragon campaign is awesome, completed it twice now and I'll do it again soon :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not the biggest fan of pve, but the dragon campaign is awesome, completed it twice now and I'll do it again soon :)
YAY!! Someone converted!!! More heathens will follow!!!

BTW, by 1.89 youll have dragon raids every 4 hours constantly, so Blue old chap, dust off ya dragon macros!! (weve done it with between 16 and 24 people in opted grps!)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
it sucks because it timered, not because of the quests. What if ppl take a break or go on vacation?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Well i like the dragon quests myself, but i have around 20+ level 50 on diferent servers/realms and i would need to do all the quests for all this alts, since i wouldn't like to loose the oportunity to have thus rewards! So i can understand dub and sincerely whoodoo, chill down ~~.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Yup it's the worst patch for many years.

Now they force everybody to do pve again just as bad as ToA.

Why couldn't they just make the stuff availible for BP ? that would make things so much easier. U pretty much need this stuff if U wanna do some RvR if U don't have it U are at a disadvantage. I guess I'll have to waste over a year like it took for me to get my ML's.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie

Why couldn't they just make the stuff availible for BP ? that would make things so much easier. U pretty much need this stuff if U wanna do some RvR if U don't have it U are at a disadvantage. I guess I'll have to waste over a year like it took for me to get my ML's.

These comments say more about you and your playing style than they do about the game. Since you dismiss 75% of DAoC as a waste, I wonder why you bother playing? Such negativity makes me think you are, in fact, a crypto-WoW nerd out to rubbish our game - either that or RPs are the be-all and end-all of your DAoC existence.
And a year to get MLs? Maybe you only get to play once a month.:kissit:

Good Grief! They come in all shapes and sizes......

:england:
MM

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH

What Mercury said, you dont seem to grasp the concept of an MMORPG at all, you think its all end game and no graft to get there. Jeez, 15-20 mins of PvE a week seems to really crush some people, makes me angry when some useless waste of flesh and organs bleets about having to read some text and kill a few mobs.

And it seems taking a year to do MLs means you got your priorities all wrong, theres been shedloads of ML raids for you to attend, not the games fault if you couldnt be arsed.

PvE is and always will be 50% of this genre, if you cant get that into your head, you are going to be more pissed off as other MMOs come along. People like you are really playing the wrong game tbh.

Now back to counterstrike or whatever dark, dank hole you crept out of, and take your gloom elsewhere.:flame:

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
mercury and whoodoo , you are so blind and fanatic , if you had off-spring it would name itself crusade :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
English

mercury and whoodoo , you are so blind and fanatic , if you had off-spring it would name itself crusade :)

Wow - I'm - impressed. A whole English sentence (an achievement in itself) but to be totally incomprehensible as well - that's awesome.

For someone in a Midgard forum who named himself after a Hib trophy mob, it's only to be expected I suppose. :m00:

Blow it out ya :kissit:

MM

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Wow - I'm - impressed. A whole English sentence (an achievement in itself) but to be totally incomprehensible as well - that's awesome.

For someone in a Midgard forum who named himself after a Hib trophy mob, it's only to be expected I suppose. :m00:

Blow it out ya :kissit:

MM

hmmm this is not as biased and prejudiced as the first reply you made in this thread , slacking off eh ?

Toel

Loyal Freddie
it sucks because it timered, not because of the quests. What if ppl take a break or go on vacation?

Then they'll miss it, and there'll be other oppertunities. The fact that they even taken the time to make a timebased campaign is pretty awesome if you ask me, and I'm quite enjoying this far.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Comment

hmmm this is not as biased and prejudiced as the first reply you made in this thread , slacking off eh ?

You may say so, I couldn't possibly comment. If it's predjudice you're after, you need to search nearer home. But then, there's none so blind as will not see.

By all means stick to your RvR if that's what turns you on, but less of the slagging off of PvE. It simply demonstrates that you're talking outta yr :kissit:

...and dont crticise what you don't understand... (Dylan)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
you want me to quote your first post in this thread or you just gonna try read it yourself ? , reaks of prejudice , assuming makes you look like , yea you know.

oh and btw they named the hib mob after me :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
you want me to quote your first post in this thread or you just gonna try read it yourself ? , reaks of prejudice , assuming makes you look like , yea you know.

The mere fact you whine about PvEing in a game that is 50% devoted to it is prejudice in itself. For the last 5 years plebs like you have whined so much about how tough PvE is that Mythic have slaughtered it to near non-existance. Yet you still whinge? Sorry but like I said before, you are playing the wrong genre of game, what little PvE is left has been imporved by this campaign tremendously.

All I know is, you wont be playing WAR for long, or if you do youll seriously have to change your attitude, or get RSI whinging more than ever.

PvE is in this game to stay, live with it.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
The mere fact you whine about PvEing in a game that is 50% devoted to it is prejudice in itself. For the last 5 years plebs like you have whined so much about how tough PvE is that Mythic have slaughtered it to near non-existance. Yet you still whinge? Sorry but like I said before, you are playing the wrong genre of game, what little PvE is left has been imporved by this campaign tremendously.

All I know is, you wont be playing WAR for long, or if you do youll seriously have to change your attitude, or get RSI whinging more than ever.

PvE is in this game to stay, live with it.

ignorance is bliss i guess , you can keep up making both your own and my arguments , i think i mentioned the assuming thing before ? , goes for you too.

i never said i didnt like pve ..... but as some mentioned allready there are other points of critique to hold against the dragon campaign , your aggroing this thread and spouting your agenda all over it doesnt exactly draw lights to these points.

as for the slandering and name calling ill leave that to the professional crusaders :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
ignorance is bliss i guess , you can keep up making both your own and my arguments , i think i mentioned the assuming thing before ? , goes for you too.

i never said i didnt like pve ..... but as some mentioned allready there are other points of critique to hold against the dragon campaign , your aggroing this thread and spouting your agenda all over it doesnt exactly draw lights to these points.

as for the slandering and name calling ill leave that to the professional crusaders :)
What planet you on?
What critique?
What your (its you're)

Lets look at your whinge shall we?

First:
so unless i do some quests within a certain timeframe there is equipment i will never have access too ?
If you find it hard to spare 15 minutes a week to devote to doing them, how the heck did you get to 50 in 5 years? As already stated before and in other threads you obviously are too lazy to read, the campaign lasts more than 3 months, so again if you cant find the time, you are spending a lot of cash on subs for zero play time.

i really dont like this concept , possibly even worse than TOA , never thought i would say that about a DAOC expansion.
Yes TOA was a challenge, but no longer is thanks to like-minded whingebags. The campaign isnt an expansion FYI, and is purely optional. Dont like it, dont do it, simple. I suppose as templates are coming out now you also want free dragon loot and lets throw in LGM crafters for all eh. pfff

Now your chum joins in with:
OMG not pve in a game based upon PvEing towards other goals, OMG the world endeth!! Wake up and smell the virtual manure eh, this genre of game is devoted to PvE, aimed at obtaining skills taking you to the bonus of being able to PvP, anything else is called an FPS.

Bistrup666 said:
Again, ITS NOT A BLOODY PATCH!

This sums up the general misconception you and Mr Chumley Warner here have, and its bullplop. There are loads of toys in the game currently, temps galore that dont use items from this (the neckie is really the only thing being used currently!), so no, you dont. Again, a request for more "easymode cba to PvE".

whingebag said:
mercury and whoodoo , you are so blind and fanatic , if you had off-spring it would name itself crusade
Sticks and stones. I have played 12 different MMORPGs, and with everyone is some smart arse who bleets about things being hard, then turns tail with "i never said i didnt like <insert random whine>" after "so unless i do some quests within a certain timeframe there is equipment i will never have access too ?". No assumption, its a genuine 100% whine about PvE. Go try any MMO and they all have a certain theme - YOU HAVE TO PVE!

Am I fanatical, yes, because FPS fanbois keep trying to ruin the game I love because "my mum says its too hard for me, cut the crusts off my sandwich please!!".

This campaign beats all other quests hands down, the rewards are some of the best in the game, especially for the amount of work you have to do. Everyone gets the items, no lottos or $$$ involved. Cash, XP and CLxp galore! Its spread over a number of weeks, so you can either do it in a day, or over the entire campaign, at your pace. If you take 5 minutes to read the storyline, its great, and you might learn something (heaven forbid!). You might even get to run the mini-dragon or main dragon raids at the end and make loads of cash and freinds and get some great items along the way. AND 90% OF IT IS SOLOABLE!!

WHATS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT IT!?!?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres a tip for ya dub, you like to say assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, well you are making exactly that about the campaign without trying it, so heres a tip:

Go try it before you knock it.:twak:

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Right...now because someone dares to criticize a PvE part of the game, it's because it's a PvE hater...

I like generalizations tyvm!

And tbh i don't understand all that aggressivity, not enough sun this summer?

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Whoodoo .... yet again you rock my world bud - hats off to ya as ive not smiled so much reading a post like that in a while :worthy:

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Quite frankly i have no problem with the PVE part of the game. I have no doubt i spent more time in pve in daoc than in rvr (keep this in mind before starting to flame)

I remember the 1st time i went on a ML5 and getting turned into a mummy prior to 5.10.

I remember the 1st time i went on a ML6 and getting turned into a pig at Vasul's fortress.

These are 2 times i can recall with little effort when I was laughing out loud and took screenies to show friends who hadn't yet been on those raids. I loved it.

However repeating even those steps i found so funny for all the alts (2 accs nearly full of them here) does tend to bore me, and quite frankly i wouldn't go on an ML raid now.

The dragon campaign is something new and i've been doing some of the quests with friends. I liked, for example, to see Vasudheim all fronzen.

But, honestly, i wouldnt want to like to repeat these quests with all my alts. Not because it takes gameplay time, but because it would bore me imensely. I'm not interested in playing daoc for the privilege of being bored.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
heres a tip for you whodoo , dissing peoples english make you sound like you have no arguments ;)

anyhows i dont see you deny that if quests arent done within a timeframe there is equipment you wont have access too.

some might like this , some might not , i dunno why it upsets you so that people might feel different about this than you do.

i have no clue what this fps you refer to means , gratz on playing alot of games i guess ?....

mercury

Fledgling Freddie

More likely after the son of Carman.

You were probably named after a $20 bag of sh*t (not an insult before you take off again - see Wikipedia)
And, btw, crusade and crusader are not terms of abuse.

I can live with nerds, geeks I can take in my stride, but ponces get up my tits (Winston Churchill)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
More likely after the son of Carman.

You were probably named after a $20 bag of sh*t (not an insult before you take off again - see Wikipedia)
And, btw, crusade and crusader are not terms of abuse.

I can live with nerds, geeks I can take in my stride, but ponces get up my tits (Winston Churchill)

why are you so aggro ? , cant recall ever saying a bad thing about people who like pve , anyhows i hardly think i take off compared to you and whodos random aggro on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom