This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Campaign - Quest Journal

Discussion in 'Midgard' started by Bluesky, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Bluesky

Bluesky Fledgling Freddie

I see theres a few posts around FH with info about the Dragon Campaign so figured I would try and keep a quest journal of what quests are available and when you can do them. This info will be for Midgard specifically as its where I play hence leaving it here sticky in the Mid forum.

The first problem seems to be the misunderstanding of how the quests work as if you have the time, there are more than the minimum you need that you can do and they do give LOTS of xp/clxp/cash but if you miss them then you're a bit buggered and lose out on the loot/xp/pet but NOT the minimum required steps to carry on the campaign. After doing a fair bit of reading on VN boards i think i have worked it out now lol

To show what I mean, in the 1.87 patch (Chapter 1 of the Dragon Campaign) there were ALL the following quests available to do:

Word to the Wise
    Dark Rituals
    Seek the Dragon Slayer
    Speaking of Dragonslaying
    Rending the Earth
    Drakoran Investigation
    Draconic Colaboration
    Dark Materials
    Searching the Nests
    Meet me outside
    Hatchling
    (this is the one that gave the mini Gjalpinulva uber looking pet iirc)

All those above gave a LOT of xp/clxp/cash and most involved a visit to gjalpi's lair in malmo so were worth doing for some quick cl xp and i personally did all of them on 6 of my chars then waited for the 1.88 patch which included Chapter 2a of the Dragon Campaign.

When patch 1.88 hit us the campaign was updated to include 4 new quests (Chapter 2a) as follows:

The First of Many
    The Dragonslayer Mentor
    Medical Supplies
    Rescue Operation
    (gained AFTER 1 of the above from same npc btw)

I did those 4 with the same chars I had done the first 11 quests with np and then went back to some of my other chars to start the 11 quests from the beginning but wasn't able to. The only 1 from the original 11 left available as of now is Dark Rituals and the other 10 have now been REMOVED.

------------------------------------------

So then to summarise as of right now (patch 1.88 on 7th August) we are at the stage of Chapter 2a of the Dragon Campaign and the only quests that you can do are:

Pre-req Quest:
    Word to the Wise - from Stellan (Jord) or various guards (this one doesn't need to be done and doesn't give any xp or other reward than a couple of gold but worth doing to remove unwanted yellow quest circles)

Chapter 1:
    Dark Rituals - Lailen (Jord - Temple of Jotuns)

Chapter 2a: (All NPC's are in the tent camp ouside Vasudheim exit of Jord)
    The First of Many - Barkeep Kanar
    The Dragonslayer Mentor - Skipta
    Medical Supplies - Aud
    Rescue Operation - Aud (Done after Medical Supplies)

When you have done all the above quests its just a case of waiting for GOA to patch in Chapter 2b and carry on questing so updates will follow when released :)

2. Amphrax

Amphrax Part of the furniture

PvE whoring again Blue? :)

You need to keep rvr'ing to pay for all those houses you have (40million) DONT you dare go back to PvE dammit! So I can hunt you down and chop off that beard! then use it for a Rug in my house as a trophy :)

Amphrax/Arauddry

3. Bluesky

I've told you a bazillion times to stop exaggerating amph ;)

I'm quite enjoying chillaxed pve'ing atm as when I can't get a group in rvr its utter crap as solo visual getting pinged by random scout #34349874 and his 5 friends lol

You can't keep me out of rvr too much tho ofc ;)

4. Amphrax

Amphrax Part of the furniture

How on earth am I exaggerating, huh??????

As for your beard I really dont think it is a beard tbh. I reckon, you brush it up from down below to make it into a beard...

Using my detective skills I think your a 'KOBOLD' in disguise...IMPOSTER!

see what you done I'm talking crap again :(

anyway get arse back in rvr and face me ya chicken :) but your not allowed to use MoC :) oh and also your not allowed your pet unless thats for your sexual pleasure? :)

Amphrax/Arauddry

5. dub

dub One of Freddy's beloved

thanks for the sum up mr beard :)

6. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

stellan wont talk to my lvl 46 BD :( same with the healer in mularn :/

7. Bluesky

Could be lev50 only or bugged I guess but I did do it on a lev50 yesterday jsut to get rid of it. Just carry on from Lailen in the Temple of Jotuns anyway :)

8. mercury

mercury Fledgling Freddie

npc

Talk to the npc just before the bridge in Vasudheim. Then Lailen, then go kill a Minion. Return to Lalien = end.

9. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

just noticed that they have removed a ton of quests. anyone know if those quests are gonna come back os are we that missed them for whatever reason eternally doomed to not do those?

10. old.Whoodoo

old.Whoodoo Can't get enough of FH

11. Rellik

Rellik Fledgling Freddie

could someone post here when you are able too do the cloak quest

Or if someone knows if its coming the next patch or something? :eek:

12. Bluesky

The cloak quest is a part of the Dragon Campaign - as is the armour and weapon ones too and GOA should be releasing updates every few weeks incrementally. These updates are patches but not big game patches like 1.87 or 1.88 etc afaik. I plan to update this post as soon as new content is released so check back often :)

13. Bluesky

***** UPDATE 17th August *****

Chapter 2B is now live and offers the following new quests:

Dragonspawn (lvl 47) Lailen in Temple of Jotuns, Jord (155gp, 3528 million xp)
    (Kill a Dragonspawn, aka baby dragon at a Nest in Malmo)

Theres 3 different nests but the one i found easiest to get to was at loc 4000, 17000 north of the lake. Dragonspawn mobs are orange con with yellow con guards. Range pull the Dragonspawn mob to you for an easy kill.

--------------------------------------------

Living Wood (lvl 47) Barkeep Kanar, Vasudheim Tent Camp outside Jord (226gp, 2880 million xp) REPEATABLE QUEST
    (Click 15 wood in Raumarik)

One large camp of Frigid Broadleaf mobs at loc 54000, 38000 (and some more west on a hill aswell) and all around the camp are slightly green coloured logs on the ground - click them. You will probably have to kill some of the Frigid Broadleaf mobs which are red and purple con to make space to pick up the logs.

Old Stones (lvl 47) Barkeep Kanar, Vasudheim Tent Camp outside Jord (226gp, 3024 million xp) REPEATABLE QUEST
    (click 20 stones in Rauimark)

Despite the log saying they can be found near undead mobs the only ones I found were at the Raumarik Revenant Camp in the far NW corner of the zone at loc 12000, 10000. Slowly skirt around the Revenant camp walls clicking the stones. LOTS (and i do mean LOTS) of orange to purple con agro so be careful.

The Enemy Appears (lvl 48) Skipta, Vasudheim Tent Camp outside Jord (155gp, 3292 million xp)
    (kill 3 Dragonsworn mobs in Malmo)
    I killed some at the Dragonsworn camp at loc 42000, 43000. They came in groups of 2's and 3's and were yellow to orange con.

Now we just have to wait for GOA to patch in Chapter 2C :)

14. hathor

hathor Fledgling Freddie

hi need some help with 2 things,

1: i have the quest "The Enemy Appears" from skipta but its a lvl 35 quest and i need to find the dragonsworn quys in skona ravina, not in malm any one have a loc for me?

2: i need the loc of the stranger from the first of many quest cant find em

this is all mid version ofc

thx barrin/hathor

15. Bluesky

Hathor, The stranger from The First of Many quest should be next to the 2nd tree iirc (yellow con to a 50) up the snowwy hill next to the dungeon entrance.

For your "The Enemy Appears" quest I'm afraid i have no idea as ive only done that quest with lev50 chars and always been told to go to Malmo to kill dragonsworn mobs but I guess you just need to roam around and look for a camp. In Malmo it was a tent camp (about 3-4 tents) with a couple of npc's and loads of Dragonsworn mobs in groups spread around the camp so shouldn't take too long to find hopefully.

16. St.Anger

St.Anger One of Freddy's beloved

Isn't there a little red dot on your map? I know I have in my UI.

17. hathor

hathor Fledgling Freddie

i changed ui and found the camp side but its empty the mobs arnt there yet:m00:

18. Bluesky

** Mini Update **

Old Stones (lvl 47) Barkeep Kanar, Vasudheim Tent Camp outside Jord (226gp, 3024 million xp) REPEATABLE QUEST

Quick update for this quest: Since Thursday night when this quest came in its been stealth nerfed and is now a LOT easier.

ALL the undead mobs (liches/wraiths/wights) around the Raumarik Revenant camp (and there were 20+ orange to purple con) have been removed and only the Revenant remains now in the middle making this quest a LOT easier - totally agro free in fact :) Just run round the camp clicking stones but ofc don't get too close to the Revenant or he will agro you :)

19. ripperbil

ripperbil Fledgling Freddie

where is svarhamr?

20. Elendill

Elendill Fledgling Freddie

ok one thing i want to no is what does this give us ??

like what is the benefit for doing these quest's ?? apart from xp and gold do you get any really cool items ??

21. old.Whoodoo

OK, for the rest of the population sleeping, here are the rewards:

Dragonsworn Manual of Arms: Enables the bearer to create the new Dragonsworn armour and weapons that will be available to EU in a few weeks, with new skins and new stats:

[​IMG]

Midgard Cloak of Magic / Might: A unique cloak that will only be available for a couple of months when the campaign will end:

Magic:
    Imbue: 17.0
    ALL magic skills: 3
    Crush: 1%
    Thrust: 1%
    Slash: 1%
    Hits: 40
    Constitution (Cap Increase): 6
    Dexterity (Cap Increase): 6
    Acuity (Cap Increase): 6
    Hits (Cap Increase): 40
    Spell Damage: 1
    Utility: 31.0
    TOA Utility: 51.0
    PvE Utility: 0.0

or

Cloak (Midgard Cloak of Might):
    Imbue: 17.0
    ALL melee weapon skills: 3
    Energy: 1%
    Matter: 1%
    Spirit: 1%
    Hits: 40
    Melee Damage: 1
    Strength (Cap Increase): 6
    Constitution (Cap Increase): 6
    Dexterity (Cap Increase): 6
    Hits (Cap Increase): 40
    Utility: 31.0
    TOA Utility: 51.0
    PvE Utility: 0.0

Midgard Medal of Honor: 90 utility neckie with a 350 point 50% ablative charge, usable every 1.5 minutes. 5 to every resist!
    Whoodoo Gallery - Dragons Revenge/sshot062

Then at the end your new Dragon Epic armour, and a new Dragon Epic weapon, similar to the Champion weapons, but now including a selection of 5 different staves and sheilds too!

Up to you if you think its worth it, but on US, there are dragon raids every time they pop, and mini dragon / yar raids about every 3 hours.

You snooze, you loose.

22. old.Whoodoo

Svarhamr is the new town in NE of Malmohus, the old svartalf village. Watch for faction quests.

23. Bluesky

** Mini Update ** (AGAIN) :(

Yet another update for this quest: Saturday the mobs around the Revenant camp were gone (and were NOT spawning) and the quest was very easy but right now (sunday) all 35+ orange to purple con mobs are back again.

Weird stuff going on with this quest imo and its not just that the mobs had been killed yesterday as today I can kill them (albeit slowly) and they are respawning normally - quite odd :(

24. Elendill

*After looking at pics elendill wakes up slap's self for not looking into this sooner*

holy S**t that stuff looks nice one question and plz feel free to /slap me but have i missed the chance to get the book and medal ??

25. old.Whoodoo

:twak:

No, the campaign unfolds over the course of the next couple of months, but you need to complete the stages that your beloved Bluesky is laying down in this thread in order to get the items, or wait a couple of months for the entire story to unfold then do them all (took me around 6 hours to complete).

My tip, do the mini quests now, the rewards vary from 10-600 gold, the EXP is sick (got my necro and cleric from 47.5 to 50 in 6 hours with all the items), and the champ XP is also insane (about 3-4 levels worth!).

26. mercury

Clxp

The two repeatable parts of the Dragon Quests : Old Stones and Living Wood don't need you to kill anything (provided you don't aggro stuff - especially the Frigid Broadleaves which you can't run away from). Patience helps - both the stones and wood re-pop quickly.
    CL xp outside of RvR is hard to come by these days - not enough interest in the last two raids I've tried to lead - C05 and Lab - so these two provide an easy opportunity for classes that don't kill easily or quickly to solo a CL level or two.
    At CL9 and Lvl 50 they give around 3k CLxp = 1.5 bubs (0.75 each). Even the preliminary Dark Rituals quest is worth doing for the 1 bub CL xp you get.
    When collecting btw, be fully buffed, then if you do accidentally pull a mob you may be able to finish the task before getting killed unless you're wearing paper armour.
    As Blue says, the Stones Gang is there again, both day and night, but easy to dodge.

:england:
    MM

27. Agrivia

Agrivia Loyal Freddie

Re the quote: Originally Posted by hathor
    hi need some help with 2 things,

1: i have the quest "The Enemy Appears" from skipta but its a lvl 35 quest and i need to find the dragonsworn quys in skona ravina, not in malm any one have a loc for me?

I have the same - a level 35 quest, with a red dot on my map - but the camp is empty. I've even sat there for over 24 hours (game time not RL!) and not a single sniff of an enemy appearing anywhere! Looks as tho the quest is there, the camp is there but GOA forgot to put in the mobs :/

28. Elendill

in regards to the items recived.

i take it that the pic above in black is the craftable stuff and the gold is you epic with stats all ready on it ??

juts want to no as it looks really cool and would like to get some onto my chr for visual and hopefully to benefit my stats

29. Nuxtobatns

Nuxtobatns Can't get enough of FH

Arent these items... next patch ?
    I mean..cant i w8 for next patch to go and do all the quests and get the neckie that i need for next template ?

30. mercury

patch

Well, maybe. But remember that this latest patch (1.88) virtually wiped out the Dragon Quests for the previous one. If you ain't got a baby dragon, you won't get one now. I doubt the same will happen, but GoA have done stranger things.... (eg. removing those highly useful barrels of pots). Strike while the iron is er,.. fairly warm....

See Old Who Doo's suggestions in 19th Aug. post.

:england:
    MM