Dragon Campaign MID Walkthru (includes German names)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
After doing the hib walkthru and someone asking for a mid one i knocked this one up by tweaking my hib one changing names/places/locs/npc's etc from the notes I made doing the mid quests. Most of it is all checked and working fine with links and German names where possible.

http://www.nidhug.com/files/daoc/dragonquestmid2.htm

As with the Hib walkthru this is up to date as of today - so waaaay behind the US servers but as new quests are unlocked for us in euroland ill update this and the hib walkthru's as necessary until the end of the Dragon Campaign.

Should be easy to follow but if theres any probs then feel free to post them :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies for the delay since 1.89 patch was installed but the update for the new 8 quests are now in my updated MIDGARD walkthru which can be found here:

http://www.nidhug.com/files/daoc/dragonquestmid3.htm

No guarantees its totally fool proof and I wasn't 100% able to get every single german quest name but most are there so hopefully this will help anyone doing the quests :)

Next update with the Medal of Honour, Dragon Armour and Weapons will be done when GOA patch in the next installment :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Now thats a writeup, hope you are signed up for WAR lad, be good to have ya on my team like!!!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Now thats a writeup, hope you are signed up for WAR lad, be good to have ya on my team like!!!
hehe Cheers Whoodoo :)

Team Conclave received a guild beta invite (and a few of them got individual invites too - the gits :p) but as it was delayed and still not available afaik i've still not gotten my hands on WAR yet :( With the new "RvR" system that they released info about recently its definitely sounding more my thing than the WoW2 it initially sounding like so looking forward to having a blast with it :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
just curious, but are these "german" quest titles your own attempt at a translation, or is it the official GOA translation ? o0

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
just curious, but are these "german" quest titles your own attempt at a translation, or is it the official GOA translation ? o0

Most are the correct German Translations but a couple are my interpretations as I hadn't done all of them in german in mid when i last updated the walkthru.

I have now done all the quests to date on Temair in mid and have a new write up that i'll post later which shows 2 more deleted quests (the ones from Aud the Healer) and the new order to do steps if starting them from scratch :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
These notes are for anyone starting the Dragon Campaign from scratch at the start of patch 1.89 (before Medal of Honour, Dragon Weapon and Armour quests are patched in) so are correct as of post date.

The notes are just a walkthrough of the NEW ORDER of the quests so for more information on each individual quest step like exact loc’s etc see my OLD walkthrough here:

http://www.nidhug.com/files/daoc/dragonquestmid3.htm
I've updated this page to include ALL the German quest name translations so if you have it cached then plz refresh it.

NOTE: The 2 quests from Aud the Healer (Medical Supplies and Rescue Operation) have now been removed.

NOTE: This walkthrough supercedes the info in the dragonquest web page link above. DO NOT use the order shown in that web page.

Before starting make sure you have the “Personal Bind Teleport Stone” and "Guild House Teleport Stone” in your backpack. You pick up the guild house one from the NPC in a red robe called “königlicher Kontorist” in Jordheim main hall.

Start off in Jordheim at the Temple of Jotuns (near Vasudheim exit) by talking to Lailen and pick up the following quests:
Dragonspawn (Drachenbrut)
Dark Rituals (Dunkle Rituale)
The Return and the Transformation (Die Rückkehr und die Umformung)

Go to the Vasudehim Tent Camp outside Jordheim and talk to the Svaralf Emmisary (Svartalf-Gesandte) and pick up:
A Plea for Help (Ein Hilfsgesuch)

Talk to Barkeep Kanar and pick up the following quests (for the last 4 you need to click the words in the dialogue box):
The First of Many (Die Ersten von Vielen)
Living Wood (Lebendiges Holz)
Old Stones (Alte Steine)
Melting the Ice (Das Eis schmelzen)
Stolen Supplies (Gestohlene Vorrate)

From Vindsaul Faste move into Yggdra Forest and do “Dark Rituals” (kill a dragon guard at loc 22k, 9k near Arvakr T4) (Dunkle Rituale)

From Vindsaul Fast go to Raumarik and do “Old Stones” (collect stones at loc 12k, 11k) (Alte Steine) AND Living Wood (collect wood at loc 55k, 38k) (Lebendiges Holz)

From either Mularn or Svasud Faste move to Muspelheim and do “Melting The Ice” (kill fire elementals at loc 58k, 40k and further north) (Das Eis schmelzen)

Return to Vasudheim and start “The first of many” (kill mob Iauernder Fremder at loc 48k, 3k) (Die Ersten von Vielen)

Return to Barkeep Kanar at the Vasudheim tent camp to complete "Old Stones", "Living Wood", "Melting the Ice" quests.

Move to Malmo and if agro to svartalf move very carefully to the North East Corner to just outside the Svartalf Village (Svarhamr).

IMPORTANT: Bind at the bindstone (doh!) where Storr is stood just outside the entrance to Svarhamr.

Talk to Storr at the bindstone to complete “A Plea for help” (Ein Hilfsgesuch)
If agro to Svartalf get “Common ground” quest (gemeinsamer boden)
Get “Triggering a distraction” (Ein Rückkehr auslösen) quest

If you picked up “Common ground” (gemeinsamer boden) kill any 3 Missionary Drakulv south of Malmo Entrance then return to Storr. You should now be neutral to Svartalf so can wander around without worry of agro

Go into Svarhamr and talk to Skipta – complete "The First of Many" (die ersten von vielen) and also pick up 3 quests:
Dragonslayer mentor (Der Drachentoter Mentor)
The enemy appears (Der Fiend Erscheint)
Face the raiders (Den Raubern stellen)

Talk to Eerla (near porter) pick up “ A letter for home” (Ein Brief für Zahause)
Talk to Kiaja (in building near porter) pick up “The Road to Svarhamr” (Die Straße zu Svarhamr)

Use Guild House portal stone

Move to Vindsaul – use whistle from quest journal to complete “Dragonslayer Mentor” (Der Drachentoter Mentor)

Move to Aegirham – talk to Kleg the shield merchant to gain next step in “A letter for home” (Ein Brief für Zahause)

Port Gotar and move to Huginfell and kill mobs for “Face the Raiders” (Den Raubern stellen):
Kill 5 Drachenhort-Rauber
Kill 1 Drakulv-Rauber

Talk to Thaelen (south west building) pick up 2 new quests: “Your Enemies Closer” (Eure Feinde kommen näher) and “Absolute Power” (Absolut Macht)

Use Personal Bind Stone to port to Malmo

Talk to Storr to update a quest step

Talk to Skipta to finish “Face the Raiders” (Den Ruben Stellen)
Talk to Skipta to pick up “Once more to huginfell” (Nochmal nach Huginfell)

Talk to Eerla (near porter) to complete “The road to Svarhamr” – don’t bother picking it up again though

Move west and kill 5 drakulv missionaries south of malmo entrance

Move to 7k, 17k and kill a wolf dragon (Wolfsdrachenjunges)

Move to 5k, 15k and kill “Burr” – he spawns on zonewall next to a tree (yellow con)

Move to Dragonsworn camp (42k,42k) kill Rolveir and Mulge and 3 random dragonsworn mobs. Kill more random dragonsworn mobs until you have 3 dragonsworn broken weapons AND armour. Keep killing mobs until both Rolveir and Mulge have spawned.

Move to a Dragon Lair entrance to finish a step and kill any 4 of Drakulv Beschützer or Henker mobs

Use Guild House portal stone

Move to Svasud Faste and talk to Hagdar the Healer at north gate to complete a step.

Port Gotar and move to Fort Atla

Talk to Arni (next to bind stone) to complete a step

Move to Huginfell and kill mobs for “Once more to Huginfell” (Nochmal nach Huginfell):
Kill 7 Dragonsworn Raiders (Drachenhort-Rauber)
Kill 3 Glimmer Raiders (Glimmer-Rauber)
Kill Khuulrekath, a named mini dragon (red-purple con).

Talk to Thaelen (South West building) to complete “Your enemies closer” (Eure Feinde kommen naher) and also “Absolute power” (absolute Macht) and receive a nice pair of rings.

Move to Jordheim

Talk to Lailen (temple of Jotuns)
Complete Dragonspawn (drachenbrut)
Complete The return and the transformation (die ruckkehr und die unformung)

Move to Barkeep Kanar in Vasudheim Tent camp
Complete Stolen Supplies (Gestohlene Vorrate)
Get Honoring The Hardworking Quest (Die hart Arbeitenden ehren). Keep talking to him and complete it – get Cloak of Might or Magic

Talk to Storr to complete “Triggering a Distraction” (Ein Ablenkung auslosen)

Talk to Skipta to complete “The Enemy Appears” (Der Fiend Erscheint)
Talk to SKipta to complete “Once more to Huginfell” (Nochmal nach Huginfell)
Get quest “The Hunt Begins” (Die Jagd Beginnt)

Talk to Kiaja (in hut behind porter) to complete “The Road to Svarhamr” (Die Straße zu Svarhamr)

The only Dragon Campaign Quest you should have now in your journal is “The Hunt Begins” (Die Jagd beginnt)

Use guild portal stone then port to Jordheim

Talk to Lailen (temple of Jotuns)
Get quest “Mission: Infiltration”

Click Dragonsworn helmet icon in Quest Journal to summon it then wear it

Move to dragonsworn camp (around 42k, 42k) and talk to any Dragonsworn mob

Find any of the 4 Adolescent Dragons on the hilltops (there’s one just South West of Svarhamr) and kill one. You will most likely need a full group for this.

Return to Skipta to complete “The Hunt Begins” (Die Jagd beginnt)

Port back to Jordheim

Talk to Lailen (temple of Jotuns) to complete “Mission: Infiltration”
Keep talking to Lailen to pick up “Testing the Manual” (Test des Handbuchs)
Hand over 3 each of Broken Dragonsworn Armour (zerbochene Drachenhort-Rustung) and Broken Dragonsworn Weapon (zerbochene Drachenhort-Waffen) which you got from killing Dragonsworn mobs earlier to receive the Dragonsworn Manual of Arms.

That’s it, all done as of initial 1.89 patch so we just need to wait for the next instalment which will hopefully conclude the Dragon Campaign and give us quests for the Medal of Honour, Dragon Weapon and Dragon Armour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom