Dragging bodies and /consent

M

Mophead

I've been playing a few weeks now and I am at a complete loss to work out the point of the /consent command.

My original understanding of it was to allow players to give permission to other players to move their corpse. However, as a medic I can use the drag skill to drag corpses/incaps around at will. Fair enough, I can see the use of draging somebody out of deathblow reach (apart from the fact that a lot of mobs seem to incap and DB all in one hit, so you dont get chance to drag people clear).

I believe the original intention was that you could drag a persons corpse, with their equipment, back to town, so they didnt have to run all the way back to the place where they died to retrieve equipment. This now seems completely redudant - you get DB'd, if theres no one around to res you you respawn in a cloning centre, with your kit degraded (or insured).

Is there any point to /consent ?

Personally I think what would be useful is if you could loot a friends corpse on death, taking their equipment, so that when they were cloned they suffered no item degredation.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation please?

O

old.Cordain

Well you cant drag people past zone lines so it would be hard to get you all the way to town. You use /consent when you want to heal, drag or rez people from the opposing faction. Might have few more similiar uses.

S

Skullly

Db

Creatures dont DB in 1 hit, if they DB at all they usually kill everyone else and then slowly walk around ripping of incapped players heads one at a time (had a krayt do it, was almost a mockery the way it did it)

A

azvero

back in my days when i was only musucian and novice marksman i got ripped apart in 1 hit (incapped then followed by db) by voritors often enough as first..while the rest of the group was still alive.

M

Mophead

The other night a friend of mine was surrounded by 2/3 huurtons and i was stood nearby healing. Unfortunaltly they were damaging him faster than I could heal and eventually he dropped. On my screen he was a corpse before I saw him hit the floor. Admitedly this could just have been lag. However, I personally have been one hit DB'd by a Tuskan - I ran in close to heal someone but the Tuskan was doing an area of effect attack that incaped and DB'd me - even though it wasn't specifically fighting me.

I didnt know you couldnt drag someone across boundaries - but to be honest its just far less hassle to clone than have someone spend half an hour dragging your corpse cross country.

Is the only use to interact with factioned peeps then ?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I think /corpse and /consent were carried over from EQ. /corpse was originally implemented so that you could retrieve a corpse from an unsafe area. /consent was implemented to prevent nasty players from dragging other players corpses to unknown/more dangerous locations while they weren't around.

It was common in EQ to see one player running along spamming /corpse to drag another players corpse back to a suitable meeting point (zone wall, etc).

/drag is different from /corpse in that it allows you to drag incapacitated players. It's only available to medics and it only applies to friendly players. I'm guessing that /consent isn't required as you can't be dragged without knowing it or without knowing who was doing it. /drag is mostly useful for avoiding death-blows on mind-incpacitated players.

Given that you respawn equipped after death I don't think there's much point in /corpse and /consent but it's probably more work to take them out than to leave them in.

D

Durzel

Plenty of mobs auto-DB.. Rancors for one, even if you have them as pets they will auto-deathblow anyone you tell them to attack. :(

D

darbey

In grps almost all will incap party before going round death blowing , (bear in mind 3 incaps in 10 mins u dead anyway), even a tuskan beat his chest and roared bedfore he did me (kinda like the predator ripping off your head as a trophy).
Have to admit ive only ever dragged one incap so not really most useful command. Id much prefer it if CM's had a rezz skill and it could say only be used in a camp so u had to drag a corpse into a camp to rezz. Then it would be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom