Dr Who?

rynnor

Rockhound
Not the guy from Cassanova please!!!

He looks about 16 years old - I know Timelords can regenerate but jeez!!!

Why not just use Malcolm in the Middle and have done...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
rynnor said:
He looks about 16 years old - I know Timelords can regenerate but jeez!!!

Why not just use Malcolm in the Middle and have done...

Great idea! Frankie Muniz for Doctor!

(The Casanova guy is about 35 by the way).

Sar

Part of the furniture
Bill Nighy would be my first choice tbh.

Him or Eddie Izzard.

:)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Richard E Grant is already the 10th doctor. Continuity plz :eek:

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno, The episode today was... ok. But i keep finding myself thinking "hurry up" the boring waits and pause's get me agitated.

Maybe its because i've been ruined by american programmes like 24 where the action is hit, hit, hit.

Also i was so not expecting that blue alien blob to sound like a wimp! should have sounded gruff and evil. And is it me or were the service ducts made out of concrete? now i know that they no doubt shot the scenes in the BBC building service tunnels, but concrete on a spaceship........

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You must have been on more space ships than I have to know there isnt any concrete in them

Or maybe...just maybe...it was another substance that just looked like concrete! :eek6:

Sar

Part of the furniture
Thought this was better than last week's.

Still looking good.

Tilda

aye thought this week was good :)
felt sorry for twig woman though

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Better than Ep1, although thats not saying alot.

The whole wheely bin (burping? what muppet thought that was a good idea?) thing pretty much ruined the first.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Just watched it - thought it was MUCH better.

Thought the villain's motivation was a bit crap, and the design team could do with a kick up the arse...I mean, I can't even imagine what technology will look like in five billion years time (lets take a moment to digest that - 5 BILLION YEARS). It certainly wouldn't look like usual 100-years-in-the-future sci-fi technology.

Liked the hints of darkness from The Doctor.

Very confused about the concept of Gallifrey being gone and him being the last Timelord left - I mean, when is "his time" ? Sure - his planet is gone at some point, but...he's a Timelord. 5 Billion years in the future it's been destroyed, as has Earth (as he said everything has a time to die) but...now I've confused myself but you know what I mean!

Tilda

Perhaps someone can answer some questions for me;

Firstly, hes a time lord, now having not seen any Dr who before, my laymans understanding is that this means he gets to use the tardis and go back and forwards in time. Is this right?

Secondly, if this is right, and his people are also dead, why can he not go back in time, grab some of his people in the tardis before they were all killed in "The War" and then pop them back down somewhere when the war is over.

Thirdly, what exactly is "the war" its been mentioned in both episodes so far, but i still dont have a clue about it. From what i've gathered, the Dr faught in it, his people were killed in it, for that reason the plastic thing was cross(why?) was this something expanded upon in the first era of the show, or was it refered to as a vague plot concept as it was here?

Tilda

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This is just me rambling...

Maybe the "time" he lived in was destroyed and therefore cannot go back to it. When it comes to time travel its best not to think too hard about the paradoxes

Tilda said:
Perhaps someone can answer some questions for me;

Firstly, hes a time lord, now having not seen any Dr who before, my laymans understanding is that this means he gets to use the tardis and go back and forwards in time. Is this right?

Secondly, if this is right, and his people are also dead, why can he not go back in time, grab some of his people in the tardis before they were all killed in "The War" and then pop them back down somewhere when the war is over.

Thirdly, what exactly is "the war" its been mentioned in both episodes so far, but i still dont have a clue about it. From what i've gathered, the Dr faught in it, his people were killed in it, for that reason the plastic thing was cross(why?) was this something expanded upon in the first era of the show, or was it refered to as a vague plot concept as it was here?

Tilda

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
This is a spoiler. It will spoil things. Maybe.
Tilda:

The Doctor is from a planet called Gallifrey, and according to canon Gallifreyans evolved much earlier than humans and so on, and after trapping a black hole at the center of their planet to use a power source they mastered time travel and proceeded to knock the shit out of and generally erase from all existence everyone else who would develop time travel technology. A few are chosen to undergo some treatment (technology which they stole from vampires) to allow them to do the regeneration thing. These few are called the the time lords. After developing some sense of shame about what their genocide (for some mad reason) the Gallifreyans developed their own prime directive - don't interfere, whether through using time travel or not, so the Doctor is/was a bit renegade.

Going back in time every episode to erase what someone had done would not be entertaining. Also, some smartarse would travel back to 0.0001 seconds past the big bang and take over. Also ethics are involved. Rarely (in fact never I think) will you see the Doctor use a gun. :eek7:

The doctor travels about seemingly randomly and there have been many mentions of all sorts of millenia-long wars and etc, but this one in specific hasn't been mentioned already. Keep watching out for stuff on this one.

</geek>

For general news, and of course a cartload of Spoiler stuff (thankfully hidden away for those who do not wish to read) check out http://gallifreyone.com/

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just cos he doesnt use a gun doesnt mean he has ethics. He let that flat women die in the 2nd episode....thats a pretty nasty way to let someone die.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
In looking for ethics, look for consistency, not something that you personally may agree with. Anyway - he has let others die, and he did look a bit miffed in the episode so who knows where the new series will take the Doctor.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Consistancy does not = being ethical.
You can be consistantly unethical.

Ethics is highly subjective anyway but since this is aimed at the UK market I would assume UK ethics would be applied...if any are. Thus "killing" someone would not be regarded as being all that ethical if you ask me.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Sorry but 2 episodes of this bilge is enough for me. Coronation street is more entertaining.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Actually I'm pretty sure that the Time Lords can't go back any further than Racillon.

</nerd>

:)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
No no, there's an ep in which the tardis is shoved back to just after event one by the master.

And it's Rasillon.

:D

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
dysfunction said:
Ethics is highly subjective anyway but since this is aimed at the UK market I would assume UK ethics would be applied...if any are. Thus "killing" someone would not be regarded as being all that ethical if you ask me.
yes, but the doctor doesnt kill anyone he just allows someone to die (who is 2 millenium old!) by dehydration. Also it seemed to me the point of the episode 2 was that you shouldnt try to save everything from dieing as everything has to die once. So basically the doctor has ethics, except it isnt that he should try and save everyone including an "evil" tapestry from dehydration(after being out of reach of servants for what 5 minutes!) and a planet from a super nova

While what I said isnt really that spoilery, it does contain some knowledge about episode 2. So I just put it in spoiler tags.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
imo if you let someone die when you could easily have saved them is just as bad as if you had killed them yourself.

Yes maybe everthing has to die sometime but that doesnt mean you should have a part in it if its not necesarry

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Just watched the third ep this evening.

Thought it was bloody excellent tbh. :cheers:

Tilda

Aye it was pretty good, although, the trailer for next week looks awesome, I was on the edge of my seat watching it! :D

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
loved the new ep,
good to see it getting a touch darker plus this weeks ep wasnt about billie.
Still think charlie eccleston was a good choice for the doctor,

and liked the small comic moment where charles dickens shouts out "what the shakespeare"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom