Dr Who

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, the Doctor figured it out when she said something like "i've not seen that in ages" when he brought his crib out

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
If she is part time lord, then i thought it was the was she held his hand with hers on the crib, as if to make him realise without actually telling him, communication via touch

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, the Doctor figured it out when she said something like "i've not seen that in ages" when he brought his crib out

If she is part time lord, then i thought it was the was she held his hand with hers on the crib, as if to make him realise without actually telling him, communication via touch

Ah right, thanks both, much clearer.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Mind fuck that episode like, I knew there was something going to pop about River Song but I never expected that xD

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
there were loads of clues Amy and River were going to be linked, Pond... River then finding out her daughter was called Melody and river is Song. So rivers real name if it was English would have been Song River

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Eldest daughter went "uurrgh!" at the idea.
I had to point out to her that Amy and Rory made the baby on their wedding night, IN the TARDIS (in a bedroom, remember?).
That baby will become the little girl in the spacesuit.
She will blow away The Doctor and take his regeneration.
Later on, she'll be ill and use that regeneration to get better.

It's clear she must be timelord because she knows how to drive "Sexy". Doctor always forgets to take the handbrake off, she drives much more smoothly :)

I personally reckon that River, the girl, blows away the Flesh copy of The Doctor.

And I have to admit that I had it worked out from the end of ep.2 when she uses the phrase "The Old Man didn't see that did he?"
The Old Man could refer to a father or a husband. I didn't think the Doctor was her father, so that made him her husband. :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
loved it!!! omg what a great storyline! Alex Kingston is just brilliant and fabulous!

Cannot believe we have to sodding wait till autumn now though *growl*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's clear she must be timelord because she knows how to drive "Sexy". Doctor always forgets to take the handbrake off, she drives much more smoothly :)

And I have to admit that I had it worked out from the end of ep.2 when she uses the phrase "The Old Man didn't see that did he?"
The Old Man could refer to a father or a husband. I didn't think the Doctor was her father, so that made him her husband. :)

It could be because she's like the ultimate doctor companion, living her whole life with ze doctor and ultimately, well, mwah mwah. Which is kinda creepy now that i think of it. Would explain a lot of Rivers quirky behaviour too, living with a lunatic for 30-40 years.

The whole marriage thing was clear from the first time we saw River, silence in the library and all.

Otherwise i'm mroe interested in what Sexy said about the only water in the forest being river.(or some such)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Otherwise i'm mroe interested in what Sexy said about the only water in the forest being river.(or some such)

That was just a clue to what was revealed in this episode. I don't think it's anything more than that.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
That was just a clue to what was revealed in this episode. I don't think it's anything more than that.

oooh no it was alluding to the fact that in the language of the firest planet where the girl who made the prayer leaf was from the only translatable word for the water was river...I think, while I'm in a spoiler I'll confess that when I guessed who river was, as soon as I saw amy's baby was called melody, I actually launched out of the sofa crying out 'Ooooh ooooh oooh!!!' and pointing a lot at the telly hehehe

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm just hoping it's all a trick. If it's not the writing standard for this series has gone downhill compared to previous ones. Hopefully
It'll be someone else entirely inside the Spacesuit, like "Grown up" River who shoots him so that she doesn't have to spend her entire childhood locked up or some such other pap

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm just hoping it's all a trick. If it's not the writing standard for this series has gone downhill compared to previous ones. Hopefully
It'll be someone else entirely inside the Spacesuit, like "Grown up" River who shoots him so that she doesn't have to spend her entire childhood locked up or some such other pap

It might be that River shoots the doctor and that's why she's locked up. Could be that the doc goes the wrong path and as such has to be "put down". Though the doctor is very galant about it if that's the case.

Vae, yeah, could be just that.

russell

FH is my second home
Yes, yes -we all 'got it'. It was always a strong possibility and hinted at. But very slick and clever episode imo. Well done Mr Moffat- good story arc. I like it, and I like Rory now - thought he was just silly in the begining.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Man do crazy things when his wife is taken it seems

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Yes, yes -we all 'got it'. It was always a strong possibility and hinted at. But very slick and clever episode imo. Well done Mr Moffat- good story arc. I like it, and I like Rory now - thought he was just silly in the begining.
yes me too! he was really annoying at first but I totally loved him in this series, nice to see actual character development!!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Go back and watch "Silence In The Library" then.
We had it on on Friday night and there are SO many bits of info that make perfect sense now. Steven Moffat had this planned out YEARS ago.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Go back and watch "Silence In The Library" then.
We had it on on Friday night and there are SO many bits of info that make perfect sense now. Steven Moffat had this planned out YEARS ago.

I'm gonna do just that, as i have them all on my HDD

Damini

Part of the furniture
Can someone please explain to me whether Rory is still an auton or not?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
No he isnt, after the Dr reset all of time after the big bang

Nate

FH is my second home
yeah auton never existed since that, although they refer to him sometimes and rory recalls memories from it. bit like dejavu i suppose.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
fantastic story arc cant wait for autumn to arrive so i can see what happens :D

i think some of you have forgotten an encounter with river in an earlier episode where someone says she killed maybe the most important man in the universe or summat like that, i remember that bit cos i immediately thought she will kill the doctor

also the skeleton shown with the sonic screwdriver should be clue enough for most, as the flesh just went like goo when they died

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom