Dr Who

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I got the whole Smith thing and the Amy thing at the end, but I felt like I was playing "hide the ball under the cup" with the episode.
Hide the ball, switch the cups around, pick a cup, oh you missed it. It was changing perspective between the "originals" and "gangers" a lot.

Then again, I wasn't giving it all my attention as I was sorting out a network fault.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not even slightly impressed by the current series.
  1. Two doctors - Done
  2. Holes in walls - Done
:(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Its the mid season break after next weeks show, so think of it as two mini series thats why the holes in walls is done so soon

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
There was so much they could do with two doctors and they wasted it. Shit episode with nonsensical ending.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I personally loved it i watched it a second time today

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
There was so much they could do with two doctors and they wasted it. Shit episode with nonsensical ending.
What? Like kill one off?
Like at the beginning of the series? :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Well they could have sent the "ganger doctor" to an alternate universe, oh wait they did that with david tennant ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought th episode itself was poor, apart from the two doctors and the ending, it was badly written even by dr who's Swiss cheese plot standards. Meh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cool. Coolcoolcool.

That is all.

No, not going to get into a "discussion" with the morons of internet show reviewers.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed the episode but ...

... but go on about how the Gangers are 'people too' and it's not their fault their clones of the humans after all they have feelings and memories ... and then killing off the Pond ganger with the screw-driver?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cool. Coolcoolcool.

That is all.

No, not going to get into a "discussion" with the morons of internet show reviewers.

Who are the morons you are referring to?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Who are the morons you are referring to?

Not referring to individuals, just a group of people who take shows way too analytically, with a touch too much of rage enduced defending and/or criticism.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
At the end of the day, Dr Who, as its always been, is aimed at a young audience.

People get waaaaaaay too anal about plot holes etc, in what is essentially, kids entertainment.

My two (10 and 13) are loving it at the moment, they like the scary stuff (weeping angels are still sams favourite) and they have a cushion to hide behind when its on (always makes me smile).

When they arent sat on the sofa bang on time on Saturday evenings, excited about a new episode, I'll know the shows going in the wrong direction, as it is at the moment, no complaints....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well that was a very good episode, made up for last episode just being used as a setup.

It was a bit annoying at how long it took the Dr to figure it out, but I suppose that was aimed at the kids watching.

I thought we were getting more than 7 episodes though.

I love the whole dramatic tragedy element. River is destined to kill the future Dr, the love him knowing what she's done. While he'll never know that she did.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Never got the whole Dr. Who thing... I mean, Billie Piper and Karen Gillan do make me hold my channel zapping for a while, especially Gillan, she's bloody hot, but other than that....

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Well that was a very good episode, made up for last episode just being used as a setup.

It was a bit annoying at how long it took the Dr to figure it out, but I suppose that was aimed at the kids watching.

They are having a break till September

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I nailed that in the first episode of this season, put a bit of downer on it for me. Usually with Dr Who they lead you up paths and you get your guesses completely wrong. Still great to see him pull in favours and start to show the dark side of the Doctor

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Not referring to individuals, just a group of people who take shows way too analytically, with a touch too much of rage enduced defending and/or criticism.

Like people who get wound up about Stargate Universe you mean?

Thought tonight's show was enjoyable, but I saw that end coming from a mile away. May as well have had flashing neon lights as soon as River declines Rory's invitation at the beginning.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

I love the whole dramatic tragedy element. River is destined to kill the future Dr, the love him knowing what she's done. While he'll never know that she did.

I too thought it was great :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Except of course she doesn't. There's obviously a few twists and turns to come on that one. Personally I think what he eventually does to her - sticking her in a virtual reality version of the Waltons, is far worse

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
All assuming she doesn't kill a "Flesh" version of the Doctor which everyone watched and believed which is similar to the "Did it fool Amy" vibe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like people who get wound up about Stargate Universe you mean?

Nothing wrong in disliking/liking a show, just that sometimes it gets a bit out of hand ;)

Best not to bother.

Anyhoo, another good episode, throughly entertainign, only thing i'm left curious on is;

How was rivers crib in the tardis already?

Might have misunderstood what she said, but thought she said her name was on the crib in gallifreyan.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
She said the Tardis doesn't translate Gallifreyan, which makes sense that's like having an English translation machine for an Englishman. She didn't say her name was on the side of the crib. She said that Amy wasn't paying attention to the leaf.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Nothing wrong in disliking/liking a show, just that sometimes it gets a bit out of hand ;)

Best not to bother.

Anyhoo, another good episode, throughly entertainign, only thing i'm left curious on is;

How was rivers crib in the tardis already?

Might have misunderstood what she said, but thought she said her name was on the crib in gallifreyan.

it wasn't Rivers crib, it was the doctors crib, it was his name on the side. She just remembered it from when she was in it originally

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
it wasn't Rivers crib, it was the doctors crib, it was his name on the side. She just remembered it from when she was in it originally

But didn't she ask the doctor to read something from the crib, which then prompted him to go all loopy as he realised who she was?

That would indicate that something on the crib told him that she was the baby, but since that's in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom