TV dr who

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Which is just another reason to hate Russel T Davies. He's full of shit. They could have been whisked away to some far flung corner of the universe where us dirty earthlings would never have known - but he took 'em home ffs. What a bag of shite.

"Fixed in time" my rusty bung hole :(

meh, obviously a few of you don't get what the point was, or just cannot suspend your disbelief because you think it should have gone differently. If the Dr managed to save her, it would prove he was more powerful than time, something he is not meant to be.

I know the plot was simple, but again, young kids need to get it.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of people seem to be over complicating the functionality of the end of the show.

It's function was exactly as Chet described above. No more ;d

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
So it's fine not to make any sense at all because it serves a function? What if she just died on the spot from a sudden heart attack? Time did it, lulz.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I refuse to not use spoilers :eek:

Like i said; would've been better if someone was robbing her house and shot her.

Time wins.
Doctor learns a lesson.
Etc.

But seeing as she wanted to kill herself for humanity on mars already, she wasn't actually a stable person and it made sense enough(it doens't have to be "diamond plotlining", just look at the show :p)

IT's not the first time people off themselves for the doctor either.

Also, the history could've been the way it is so that the Doctor WOULD change it to what it is now. It's still quite possible that since the doctor is the main character here, time is linear only in his path and for the rest it changes accordingly.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I refuse to not use spoilers :eek:

Like i said; would've been better if someone was robbing her house and shot her.

Time wins.
Doctor learns a lesson.
Etc.

But seeing as she wanted to kill herself for humanity on mars already, she wasn't actually a stable person and it made sense enough(it doens't have to be "diamond plotlining", just look at the show :p)

IT's not the first time people off themselves for the doctor either.

Also, the history could've been the way it is so that the Doctor WOULD change it to what it is now. It's still quite possible that since the doctor is the main character here, time is linear only in his path and for the rest it changes accordingly.

fuck humanity....

rynnor

Rockhound
If the Dr managed to save her, it would prove he was more powerful than time, something he is not meant to be.

Nearly every episode he is out to prevent some happening from disrupting time - this is incompatible with the view that time cannot be changed - this is why standalone episodes that ignore all previous episodes are bad - like the Rose's father episode.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nearly every episode he is out to prevent some happening from disrupting time - this is incompatible with the view that time cannot be changed - this is why standalone episodes that ignore all previous episodes are bad - like the Rose's father episode.

They went to lenghts to explain that away though, that some events are fixed in time and would happen no matter what. It's the idea that the time the doctor is in is linear, and he can only make changes that do not affect that timeline.

You may not like it, but having the Dr all powerful would lead to too much sillyness.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...cannot suspend your disbelief...

I can suspend my disbelief. But the funny thing about suspention of disbelief is that it should be plausible, rather than a massive crock of obvious shite....

?? :(

So it's fine not to make any sense at all because it serves a function? What if she just died on the spot from a sudden heart attack? Time did it, lulz.

Exactly! And I'm back from the pub after a LOT of pints. And still think it's wank! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom