TV dr who

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just finished watchin it and wow what a great show. really showed just how dangerous the doctor could be when left unchecked and tennant played that part brilliantly, im gutted hes leavin the show by far the best doctor of all time

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It could have been very shit, I thought it was fairly well done, would have liked there to be more of a sense of danger from the water zombies, and more self conflict from the Dr over changing history. Overall it was one of the better modern Doctor episodes.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps if the episode was 90-120 mins Chet but what I have always been a fan of about doctor who is how they cram so much action, emotion & storyline into comparatively short episodes.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought it was horrible. Did nothing for me at all and felt like filler just so we could see Ood Sigma again and be thrown a couple of "Doctor gonna Die" references.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
50/50 for me. I like Russel T Davies' emotional content stuff, but I hate the fact that it's pretty fucking brainless.

He only does half a job - and although I'll always watch Dr Who, I'm not really enjoying it that much any more :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
50/50 for me. I like Russel T Davies' emotional content stuff, but I hate the fact that it's pretty fucking brainless.

He only does half a job - and although I'll always watch Dr Who, I'm not really enjoying it that much any more :(

I watched the making of program that followed the episode, think a lot of what we don't get is down to the balance they have to strike to keep it a family program. It was very evident that they tone it down to keep it suitable for kids.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Yea, would have been so much better as a post-watershed two-parter.

But it is what it is: crappy in parts, nicely acted in places.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I did like how the Doctor got all dangerous. He has it in him to be one mean fucker. Lets be honest anyone who the Daleks are weary of must be hard. But it was good to see him turn mean, would have been nice to see more of that.

Also shows he needs a companion all the time to keep him grounded

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I watched the making of program that followed the episode, think a lot of what we don't get is down to the balance they have to strike to keep it a family program. It was very evident that they tone it down to keep it suitable for kids.

I'm not saying "tone it up". The level it's at is fine. What I'm saying is it's thick. Retarded. St00opid. In little annoying and unnecesaary ways.

I may seem like I'm nit-picking but there's been loads of just annoying little things about Mr T Davies' writing that if he'd been bothered with (or maybe he just doesn't get) he could have made his whole stint so much better (and at no cost)....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Otherwise great, your basic Doctor who stuff that one is accustomed to, loved it as a filler and Doctor character builder episode, BUT;

They should've left it with the Doctor being "evil" and then bring him back in check in the next special. Now it was a 2 minute pop into Master town and right back into Doctorville.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tennant has turned out to be brill doctor, shame he is leaving tbh. not totaly great ep like mystic g points out obviously toned down. tbh they shoulda risked it and made it more darker. they did it with cpt jack who kills his granson in thourchwood

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
torchwood was always aimed at adults tho, dr who is family

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Torchwood was aimed at retards, IMHO.

Like my girlfriend, who fucking loved it :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Torchwood's idea of adult science fiction is to have men kissing each other and telling dirty jokes. Must be written by 15 year olds, or aimed at them.

As for Tennant being the best Doctor Who ... I like him, but he's not a patch on Tom Baker or Pertwee.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I felt Tennant's character was far too "hands off" and R.T.Davies must have realised this near the end because he suddenly gave the character a shot of amphetamine and the rest of the show was just the Doctor tweaking.

Thank heavens RTD will be off the case and Moffat will be taking over principal writing from the next season. The best eps IMO were written by him. "Are you my Mummy?" ... Freaky!

rynnor

Rockhound
What a shit ending - I mean seriously!!

That woman killed herself just to spite the doctor effectively.

The whole 'may have wrecked the future' stuff was nonsense because A - she didnt know if the future had been changed and B didnt know if killing herself may have made things worse.

Would you really kill yourself on the off chance that it might make the future a bit better but no guarantee's - yeah right :p

Edit: That effectively leaves her only motive as petty resentment at being saved - spin a heroic death from that one :p

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
tom baker is the best dr who, he did it for 7 years and pwned my childhood with fear..................

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tom baker is the best dr who, he did it for 7 years and pwned my childhood with fear..................

:iagree:

Bring back...

istockphoto_2557189-jelly-babies.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

The whole 'may have wrecked the future' stuff was nonsense because A - she didnt know if the future had been changed and B didnt know if killing herself may have made things worse.

Would you really kill yourself on the off chance that it might make the future a bit better but no guarantee's - yeah right :p

Edit: That effectively leaves her only motive as petty resentment at being saved - spin a heroic death from that one :p

Think you missed the point, her death was fixed in time, it would happen no matter what. The Dr had to realise that he was not more powerful than time itself, there was a lesson there for him.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah remember some things are fixed no matter what, like pompei, which he mentions in Water on Mars. He tries to leave but is convinced to stay and ends up making things happen etc

ST^

Can't get enough of FH

Well yeah, why would anyone be inspired by someone who shot themself?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Think you missed the point, her death was fixed in time, it would happen no matter what. The Dr had to realise that he was not more powerful than time itself, there was a lesson there for him.
Indeed, don't forget the episode where time was "healing the wound" by trying to kill off Rose's father.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Well yeah, why would anyone be inspired by someone who shot themself?

It was a rubbish plot device, there was no evidence she died in history, just that people thought she did, there was nothing to stop her leaving and making a new life or killing herself in a way that her family wouldn't know, ending was just wrong in every way. I've said it before though, RTD's biggest flaw is that he can't write the end of stories in any way shape or form, he does sometimes get the rest of it right, but his endings are always gash.

rynnor

Rockhound
It was a rubbish plot device, there was no evidence she died in history, just that people thought she did, there was nothing to stop her leaving and making a new life or killing herself in a way that her family wouldn't know, ending was just wrong in every way. I've said it before though, RTD's biggest flaw is that he can't write the end of stories in any way shape or form, he does sometimes get the rest of it right, but his endings are always gash.

Agreed - tbh the worst doctor who episodes often involve the laws of time - alas they all tend to be written as one offs and thus contradict each other.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Regarding the end;

Actually it's not that "rubbish", if it's a fixed event, time won.

She was already trying to kill herself to keep time as it is, to force humanity to X, she was not one who was trying to survive with all her might.

The doctor himself said that minor details can be changed here and there. The location of her death was a minor detail.

It might as well could've ended with her being shot by a burglar in her house, but seeing as she was going to kill herself on mars, this was as valid as any.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think you missed the point, her death was fixed in time, it would happen no matter what.

Which is just another reason to hate Russel T Davies. He's full of shit. They could have been whisked away to some far flung corner of the universe where us dirty earthlings would never have known - but he took 'em home ffs. What a bag of shite.

"Fixed in time" my rusty bung hole :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom