DR Site up

Gamah

Banned
pretty nice :p

check out the trailer, the goa bloke in charge of trailers always does a good job :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Nice, very nice indeed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aoln said:
more flash shit :(

I think they should have it in times new roman!

it's an advertising site... for a game... it needs to look flashy. Voila - flash.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

it's an advertising site... for a game... it needs to look flashy. Voila - flash.

Good god Flim, you cracked the code! :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:

XD :):)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Pft. i wonder what they have called the King of Albion..

Ye, ok i'll go back to my Roleplaying nerd hole..

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Erm, the guy doing the site just watch lotr or something ? Very nice though, can't wait :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
one thing i like about goa is that thery trailers are 100000000 times than US ones... and so is this one... roxx, well done

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Hate how it says "adventurers have once more the opportunity to prove their talents, bravery, and loyalty by placing themselves in the service of the King". Isn't Hibernia ruled by Brigit? :x

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well Albion proberly have a new king or atleast a steward, Albion's king should in affect be Pendragon, but then again they may have changed that after the fall of Arthur.

Midgard's kings title should = Bretwalda

Hibernia i'm not so sure on, in Irish mythology, Brigit or Brighit ("exalted one") was the daughter of Dagda (and therefore one of the Tuatha Dé Danann) and wife of Bres of the Fomorians. She had two sisters, also named Brighid, and is considered a classic Celtic Triple Goddess.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Mey said:
Well Albion proberly have a new king or atleast a steward, Albion's king should in affect be Pendragon, but then again they may have changed that after the fall of Arthur.

Midgard's kings title should = Bretwalda

Hibernia i'm not so sure on, in Irish mythology, Brigit or Brighit ("exalted one") was the daughter of Dagda (and therefore one of the Tuatha Dé Danann) and wife of Bres of the Fomorians. She had two sisters, also named Brighid, and is considered a classic Celtic Triple Goddess.

Albion's King is King Constantine ofc, omg you don't read ze quests :(
shame on you! :p

It's in tons of quests, I used to read em all :D

And what happened to Pendragon is also explained in the quests, the classic epic ones I believe. You have to kill him (again, well at least his shade) in the barrows where his tomb is for some part of an epic quest.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Ah boo shall have to restart my albion experince..

Mey

Part of the furniture
On the matter of restarting, reckon its possible to still play old skool daoc i.e just playing with classic disk old graphics / old classes..

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik, the Mid king is called Eirik or something similar... seems to fit in with scandanavian names anyway :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:
On the matter of restarting, reckon its possible to still play old skool daoc i.e just playing with classic disk old graphics / old classes..

As far as i know the original classic engine is no longer supported, and you cant log into the game with it. You need the SuperClassic engine or whatever its called, that is in essence the SI engine. Its free to download though. You can ofc still play without SI, ToA, Cata etc, its just that you need the SI engine.

As to the actual experience, well, on the ToA server cluster it would be a lonely one, and a long one without a bot. On the "classic rules" server it would work pretty well atm - lots of people in the classic zones, and the classic dungeons etc, and some of them dont have Cata so they cant enter instance zones, so should be some grouping opportunities.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
flash is so horrible

just give normal pages so you can see what the hell is going on :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How much is DR gonna retail for ?
I'm not paying £30 for horse eye-candy and a couple of new weapons which still won't stop you getting pwnd in RVR...

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
$19 on US, so should be around that on EU aswell I guess

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
H
I'm not paying £30 for horse eye-candy

i would, wonder if there eyeball are squishy and pop in your mouth or soft like marshmellows and melt..

:m00:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Rofl at the people whining about the flash

It's bloody 2005 (almost 2006), it's an advertisement site for a COMPUTERGAME... if they can't use flash in that they can't use flash for anything.

Find a new whine already the flash wine is getting old :(

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Kudos to GoA for the nice trailer. They should try to get their last two trailers onto the CDs in the game magazines to attract new players to make the pitch perfect. Good work there.

Merino/Yeyi

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, the trailers have gone from good to excellent. It completely blows Mythic's stuff out of the water. They could learn a thing or two here. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom