TV Dr Nicholas Rush didn't do drugs either. He just did people.

taB

Part of the furniture
I'm really looking forward to this show! I used to love the original SG1 stuff back in my stoodent days. Never watched that Atlantis gubbins but now Hamish MacBeth is being launched into the deep reaches of space to fuck up some aliens with pint glasses and pool cues.

Stargate Universe Wiki

Trailer

First episode is next week.

mainImage.jpg

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
When Robert Carlysle is good, he's very good. Unfortunately I find his acting very uneven. I thought in 24 he was dreadful. Trainspotting and Hamish Macbeth happened early in his career and he has weathered much mediocrity on the back of those.

I find the various Stargate franchises as dinner-time TV - something I can watch while I'm munching mindlessly when I get home from work, but nothing I particularly rate and I have no urge to follow them religiously. Fodder really. The budget is basement, the acting sometimes lower quality than the FX and the stories for the most part turgid and obvious. I am often surprised by the number of people that really rate it when I only put it slightly above the likes of Xena, Hercules and Andromeda.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Stargate Galactica? I'm hopeful that it will be good. Need something to replace BSG and the SG franchise had gone a bit stale and too eurgh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can't wait for the next does of Stargate, especially after Atlantis was cut short.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Is the latest Series of heroes any good? The last series really pissed me off so haven't bothered to watch it yet.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Is the latest Series of heroes any good? The last series really pissed me off so haven't bothered to watch it yet.

No. Not as bad as 2 or 3, but still an insult to the intelligence of the audience. It's made for chavs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seeing as i'm almost fresh out of series to watch(too long list to post), i think i HAVE to watch this.

I would've preferred a different type of SG series, but i'll give it a try. I just hope it's not as much of a relationship drama as BSG was, can't stand it when they put that girl stuff in my sci-fi :D

I want big explosions, aliens, bigger guns, bigger explosions, witty one liners, some bigger guns that shoot bigger explosions at bigger alien ships and the only, the ONLY relationship i want to see is a big explosion shooting alien vessel named Relation.

Or perhaps some nude scenes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Try sons of anarchy if you haven't, read it here i think, and love it.

Though i am a bit of a bikenut :D

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I want big explosions, aliens, bigger guns, bigger explosions, witty one liners, some bigger guns that shoot bigger explosions at bigger alien ships and the only, the ONLY relationship i want to see is a big explosion shooting alien vessel named Relation.

Or perhaps some nude scenes.

All you need is for the twats at Fox to re-commision Firefly and you will have all that.

Im years and years behind but I have only just watched the series after buying it on DvD, best bit of sci-fi since Farscape. Which was also cancelled in its prime, I hate TV execs, cocksuckers the lot of them!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If they re-commissioned S:AAB and Firefly then I would be happy happy happy.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If they re-commissioned S:AAB and Firefly then I would be happy happy happy.

Hehe rewatched both of those recently. Once the Wildcards get up to around 2/3 of the way through the series the backstabbing and behind the scenes stuff really starts to come through and I was gutted there was never a second series - by then they had got past most of the gung ho clichés and were hitting their stride.

Still has one of my favourite quotes ever, "THE ONLY EASY DAY... IS YESTERDAY!"

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
S:AAB ? I have no clue what that is. Kindly enlighten me guys, may be another box set to buy

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes Space: Above and Beyond the greatest Sci-fi series there ever was that got cancelled before it's time.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes Space: Above and Beyond the greatest Sci-fi series there ever was that got cancelled before it's time.

It was pretty ace indeed, and I can't help but feel that the style of the new BS:G owes a lot to it.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Oh really, Im going to have to take a look at that one, tho after recently purchasing Firefly and Farscape box sets I'm not sure if my fragile mind can take watching another story only for a shed load of questions to go unanswered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom