downloading the game from the US site

Zede

Part of the furniture
Just went to the us daoc site & got utterly confused with regard to downloading the game.

Got an acc on mid devon to play around with - but the this noob cannot work out how to install the us version of the game.

its giving me options to d/l a trial version of the game, or to upgrade once ive played the trial version. It was a lot easier on the goa site i tell yee !

can anyone help....

I do have the euro discs up to cata, I take it can install the game with them the change some stuff around ?

any help would be appreciated :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Not sure what is so complicated :D Sign up for the 14 day trial, download the software and the expansions. When you sign up for the trial it asks for your credit card details, as it assumes you will want to subscribe. If you don't wish to you can always cancel your sub before any money is taken.

If you have problems getting the Labyrinth download to patch then check out my thread below. If there is anything more specific causing you problems please PM me and I will try to help.

Zede

Part of the furniture
The account I have is only active upto Catacombs.

Downloading the free trail software right now. Does the Cata expansion contain the ToA expansion, or do I have to d/l ToA as well ?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
You will need to download all the expansions and patch them. I found them all straightforward, apart from the Labyrinth one.

Nate

FH is my second home
You just change the user.dat on the eu version don't you? Dunno what it is you do to it though :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
The upgrade to catacombs file is called :

//mythic.fileburst.com/downloads/trial_to_catacombs_setup.exe

Now I read that as if you have the trial version, and this updates it to catacombs. ToA came before catcombs & after shrouded isles, so one would assume ToA is included ?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
The upgrade to catacombs file is called :

//mythic.fileburst.com/downloads/trial_to_catacombs_setup.exe

Now I read that as if you have the trial version, and this updates it to catacombs. ToA came before catcombs & after shrouded isles, so one would assume ToA is included ?

it is, and u can either buy an account from some1 or upgrade ur trail acc for 29 dollahs

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Guess its too late now, but to save time from downloading I would just install cata from disks and open the update.dat file with notepad and replace with..

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

run the patcher and it would download a 500mg~ patch and you're ready to log in.

Afaik the free trial link just contains SI which is like 2gb... then you need to get toa and cata.. then patch, total waste of time if you already have the cata disks!

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Afaik the free trial link just contains SI which is like 2gb... then you need to get toa and cata.. then patch, total waste of time if you already have the cata disks!

The Cata download client must be the full game, so theres no need to download the trial version (SI) or the toa version at all.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ok think im in... thank you for your help peeps

Anyone have link to where ML raids etc...are posted ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
erm one other question, anyone know if the "old icons" can be used in the US version, followed the instrux from Freddyshouse to no avail, did na work !

Thugz

Banned
Downloading the client myself. Gonna have a little go at wandering around Thid and stuff. Nostalgia here we come.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Downloading the client myself. Gonna have a little go at wandering around Thid and stuff. Nostalgia here we come.

pwn em thuggie style ( we demand videos)

Thugz

Banned
pwn em thuggie style ( we demand videos)

Dunno about videos - not yet anyways. I wandered around Thid not so long ago and had a few fights. They were damn hard. I didn't realize there was sc and crafting on the server and was in low qual arulite stuff. Still managed to knock off some infs though but it was borderline. Will have to put more effort into getting my alt sorted gear wise I think before heading for Thidland again.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ml raids and stuff are ussualy being posted here

had a look there, unfortunately the "midgard raid schedule" has not been undated in many a month & the guilds links are either dead or playing WoW :/ ty anyway :)

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
i heard a rumour that Mid ML Raids are harsh... i.e. if you bugged and didn't get a step you'll have to wait til the next raid cause they don't grant credit. On the other hand Alb ML raids get stretched out for aaaaages due to AFK'ers and people asking for credit for steps that were completed an hour before but they only just realised they didn't get it rofl.

I usually just notice they start saying there's an ML raid in /region don't really check the boards... ML raids seem to happen every weekend on alb. ML1-5 or 6 on saturday, 6-9 on sunday, if not 1-9 or 10 on the sunday.

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Just went to the us daoc site & got utterly confused with regard to downloading the game.

Got an acc on mid devon to play around with - but the this noob cannot work out how to install the us version of the game.

its giving me options to d/l a trial version of the game, or to upgrade once ive played the trial version. It was a lot easier on the goa site i tell yee !

can anyone help....

I do have the euro discs up to cata, I take it can install the game with them the change some stuff around ?

any help would be appreciated :)

Hi Kairamar. Long time no see. Kupo Flux is on hib/devon btw, so if you ever feel like rolling hib some day, just give me a /send on one of my chars :)

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
Does that offer extend as far as meeeee? :D... I was looking at mebbe rolling an eldritch, or mentalist >_<

Zede

Part of the furniture
Hi Kairamar. Long time no see. Kupo Flux is on hib/devon btw, so if you ever feel like rolling hib some day, just give me a /send on one of my chars :)

hi m8 :) I am farming some aurulite for my little L22 mentalist as we speak, gonna check out thid. Its a good nostalgia trip so far & enjoying it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom