Download speed?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
One of the most in depth topics in here i've seen in ages :D

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
/shameless bump. seems like it works ok for some sites (aka i can DL at acceptable speed from mythic. but if i try to DL something from Nvidia or anny other random page, i dont get higher then 10 kb/s. something tells me its not my ISP. but the PC itself :(

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
/shameless bump. seems like it works ok for some sites (aka i can DL at acceptable speed from mythic. but if i try to DL something from Nvidia or anny other random page, i dont get higher then 10 kb/s. something tells me its not my ISP. but the PC itself :(

the nvidia servers might be slow... probably nothing wrong with anything...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
the nvidia servers might be slow... probably nothing wrong with anything...

for over a week? and its just not nvidia. its like - the web page i DL naruto episodes (4.5 kb/s steady), it seems like some pages are uberslow, while other are ok :(

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
well download speed is very subjective, and its hard to properly test what your computer is getting

try a bandwidth test

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Szape said:
both formats are valid, bits just looks better for marketing :p

The maximum throughput of a device/connection is always in bits, usually Mbit. You always refer to a network card as 10Mbit, 100Mbit, etc. You don't say that you've got a 12.5 MByte/s network card!

It always refers to powers of 10 as well, instead of powers of 2 for file sizes. Some ISPs may set it to a power of 2 though, or somewhere in-between!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
well download speed is very subjective, and its hard to properly test what your computer is getting

try a bandwidth test

varies from 350 kb/s to 1.5MB/s o0 (350,470,607,1140,1540) like a jo jo ><

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
varies from 350 kb/s to 1.5MB/s o0 (350,470,607,1140,1540) like a jo jo ><

only other thing i can suggest is contact your isp, to make sure your getting the right amount...

you could try it on a different pc, other than that live with it i guess...

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Put the network card at 10mbit half duplex. If that wont work try reinstalling it.

Consider to inactivate your firewall for a short amount of time.

Also, if you're hooked up to a broadband router consider bypassing it and see if your connection speed improves. Otherwise you could try reseting it to factory defaults.

Theres a few things you could try as well. But its probably your ISP. But it sounds good if you tell them you've done all of it. Have you ran pingplotter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom