DoW 2 Beta info

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played it a bit last night, still trying to get a hang of the new system, I have had to re-learn how to fight. Won't be able to play it properly till the weekend.
Looks very nice then the server told me 'your settings are to high for everyone else' so I have had to turn all the graphics down, I hope they fix that soon, it still looks good but I don't want to have to change the graphics settings everytime I want to play online

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
and as far as i know, it is a multiplayer ONLY like usual relic, ie, no single player and no ai skirmish, before anyone dls it and gets upset ;)

To play a skirmish against the cpu simply go to multiplayer, public and then host your own game. Change the open slots to cpu players.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i would also like to point out that THE NIDS ARE AWESOME!

that is all

/fleshhooks <3

Helme

Resident Freddy
I just bought Soulstorm from steam to get in early as I've got nothing to do this weekend, it was €3,75, so really fuck all.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Compared to the previous games DOW2 is terrible, some of the factions like the Space Marines are so cheap it is unbelieveable.

Glad i paid £4 for Soulstorm and tried the beta then £25 for this pile of RTS dung.

Mabs

Compared to the previous games DOW2 is terrible, some of the factions like the Space Marines are so cheap it is unbelieveable.

Glad i paid £4 for Soulstorm and tried the beta then £25 for this pile of RTS dung.

aah i take it you havent actually "played" it then ?

:lol:

Aada

Part of the furniture
aah i take it you havent actually "played" it then ?

:lol:

What do you mean?

I have got the steam beta and if that isn't what the game is going to be like at release then we are playing a different game?

Tit.

Mabs

What do you mean?

I have got the steam beta and if that isn't what the game is going to be like at release then we are playing a different game?

Tit.

you obviously havent played to any length of time, to understand the balance and tech mechanics, or you wouldnt be saying things are "cheap"

but nm

tit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
space marines are cheap?? If you mean resource wise, then no they are not. Did you even bother playing or just base it on the review that came out BEFORE the beta.

Aada

Part of the furniture
space marines are cheap?? If you mean resource wise, then no they are not. Did you even bother playing or just base it on the review that came out BEFORE the beta.

Cheap tactics as in place the heavy gunners down and let rip while the flying monkeys chop the shit up.

The review came out less then a week before beta so i doubt much was changed from the version they reviewed.

The nids are fun but the previous games are far better, i know they were trying to add some of the COH mechanics into the game.

Also whats with ranked matches pitting you against some rank 13+ chump that plays it all day? no match making at all?

I will preserve until release but i will probably be going back to DOW1+ expos

Mabs

Cheap tactics as in place the heavy gunners down and let rip while the flying monkeys chop the shit up.

the assault marines are a known imba unit at the mo

as to heavy weaps.. soak with commander or flank, its not hard

Aada

Part of the furniture
the assault marines are a known imba unit at the mo

as to heavy weaps.. soak with commander or flank, its not hard

Your right but as i said when you have the flying monkeys raining down on you and knocking back your ENTIRE army while the heavy gunners rip your units to bits before they even have time to get up gets pretty fucking old tbh.

Played the beta to death since it was released and i can safely say i won't be getting this at all now some of the things are completely unbalanced and almost everyone and their dad uses the space marines/eldar and after being constantly owned by some of their stupidly overpowered units it just ruins what should have been a fun game.

I had this one guy playing the SM's and all he did was get his flying monkeys out knock back my stuff while his heavy gunners minced me and all he did through the entire match was knock me back let his ranged units behind him mince me if i even got close to his ranged units he pressed the run away button.

Mabs

nids, alpha lictor

flesh hook gunners, easy kill

and spam spore mines off the Fex's works well aswell, or drop pod them

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Is it just me or is this game really slow. Compared to the original DoW it feels like a pensioner fight. Kinda bored tbh :(

But then again the writing was on the wall when they said it would take some cues from CoH. That game was about as much fun as cock-cancer.

V disappointed, from a real DoW fanboii.

:(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
That is one thing I do miss from DOW is the base building and building turrets everywhere I could.

Aada

Part of the furniture
That is one thing I do miss from DOW is the base building and building turrets everywhere I could.

You can still do that.. it's just not as easy and therefore that old cheap tactic is almost gone.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

And large battles and pace and troops that respond and it not sucking donkey balls ?

Lethul

FH is my second home
But then again the writing was on the wall when they said it would take some cues from CoH. That game was about as much fun as cock-cancer.

Pfff, CoH is almost the best RTS ever released ! :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's like sayng the best latte ever made was one made with Bernard Manning's last jizz.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Played DoW2 for a bit, not hugely impressed really.
CoH made me contemplate self abuse with a mallet and a chainsaw.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
CoH was an excellent RTS, just because you can't play it doesn't make it shit :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Correct. It's the fact that it's shit that makes it shit.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Nuh-uh. Why was it bad Wij? Cause you couldn't build 100 Medium Tanks and rush someones base?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
coh was good, it just was missing something for me, I really liked it singleplayer, but never got into it multi.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nuh-uh. Why was it bad Wij? Cause you couldn't build 100 Medium Tanks and rush someones base?

Too slow. Too micro-managey (for stuff that shouldn't need micro-managing, to clarify) and your units usually did the least sensible thng they could interpret from your mouse-click. If they even woke up.

Dawn Of War (and Age Of Mythology or Starcraft for that matter) were 100x better. I've played a lot of RTS and some are great (like the above) others are bilge (like Supreme Commander).

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Well fair enough, everyone has their own opinions. I enjoyed being able to place people exactly where I wanted them to go - had no problem with "sleeping" units or stupid placements.

I enjoyed the ability of being able to supress and pin enemy units, that every unit had a definite counter-unit and that there really was very few "uber" units. Resource control, and the ability to dominate the battle but lose if you had not secured the ground.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy DoW, but I found it too "drag a box, shoot him, repeat"

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
imperial guard player per chance ? :p

:(

*Select a tank squad, check resource rate, click enemy units far away, watch as tanks use long range missile and kill enemy unit* :(

OR!

*Select fire tank squad, look for the person playing with orcs, invade base, stick fire-tanks on auto-build and constant send* :D (Then get abused by anyone elses front line as IG had poor troops imo)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I only really played seriously up to WA but iirc IG troops were deadly in a well-managed rush. In fact they were imbalanced.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, got around to trying it and cant say i liked it that much. sluggish movement of the units, prebuilt bases (hope that change in the single player campaigns) and a ganarel lack of most of what was fun with the original + expansions (no not fucking gay soulstorm).

part of the fun, atleast for me, was to build up the base, hoping u'd do it fast enough to be able to face the oncomming zerg.

with this its just flog out a ton of units in notime and rush rush rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom