WTF? double youtube links on quote

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Reported as a bug on XenForo.

Clown

Part of the furniture
That's because someone was lazy and just pasted the URL of the YouTube video. When it's automatically parsed, it embeds the media as the original poster should have done using the media tags. Then it puts the URL in URL tags.

When it's quoted, I guess it parses it in media tags again.

Basically, people are being lazy cunts by either not using the media tag, or not deleting the URL after the video.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's because someone was lazy and just pasted the URL of the YouTube video. When it's automatically parsed, it embeds the media as the original poster should have done using the media tags. Then it puts the URL in URL tags.

When it's quoted, I guess it parses it in media tags again.

Basically, people are being lazy cunts by either not using the media tag, or not deleting the URL after the video.

Clown, for once shutup.

The autoembed system creates the URL, it is not added by the user. This bug has been confirmed over at XenForo.

Clown

Part of the furniture
That's what I said? When you paste a normal link it puts it automatically puts it in URL tags. When you paste the YouTube link how is it supposed to know whether you want to embed or not?

As soon as I noticed it myself, I just started using the little film strip button or I just delete the URL it embeds afterwards.

Ergo and therefore, lazy cunts.

Clown

Part of the furniture
But I said ergo and I said therefore. This is a sign of righteousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom