Double posting errors

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are people using tablets? PC's ? Phones? when getting double posts?
Dunno if it's just an evening thing - but I can browse the forums fine but when it comes to posting you click post and it just sorta sits there.

I open up a new tab in my browser and after a short while (not timed it - but will try to post this, then click edit and add timings) I can read what I've written - the other tab says there, like nothing's been posted...

Edit: Or it can work first time straight away, like it just did :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah it's a bit timeywimey. Usually i post and then leave the thread, read another thread for a while, then the post appears.

EDIT: This took 10-15 seconds to appear, then another 10-15 to edit. Doubleposts are probably due to people clicking post again because they think it didn't go through.

Last edited:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Are people using tablets? PC's ? Phones? when getting double posts?

Happened to me on PC, I hit reply, nothing happened, thread didn't update, hit reply again, same thing, hit reply again "must wait xxx before that action", refreshed page, saw I'd double posted already.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys, moved the posts to their own threads.

This is really weird, the servers themselves are not under any load. Can I ask a favour, keep the javascript console open for a while whilst posting on FH and see what is reported.

I do not suffer the issue from either my PC or lappy :( Once I click the post reply button it takes no time at all!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
It only seems to happening in certain threads for me, to progress bar in the top right of the screen just seems to hang

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Keep your javascript console open to check for errors. Also, what browsers are you all using?

Chrome here and no issues whatsoever, posting is instant.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It seems to have not happened today for me yet... (PC w/ Firefox)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've had it a couple of times on Firefox for Android. It's never consistent though :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Everyone that is having problems, can you either clear your cache or do a hard refresh just incase some javascript has been incorrectly cached.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everyone that is having problems, can you either clear your cache or do a hard refresh just incase some javascript has been incorrectly cached.

I wondered whether you'd moved this to this section :)

I've done nothing (bar reboot my PC) - and it seems to have been sorted. I wonder if it was something going on in your hosting provider's infrastructure? It happened a couple of evenings for me IIRC. But it's all good now m8. Cheers.

In other news: Post more. It's nice to hear what shennanegans you've been up to :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wondered whether you'd moved this to this section :)

I've done nothing (bar reboot my PC) - and it seems to have been sorted. I wonder if it was something going on in your hosting provider's infrastructure? It happened a couple of evenings for me IIRC. But it's all good now m8. Cheers.

In other news: Post more. It's nice to hear what shennanegans you've been up to :)
Hmm, could be but the only thing I can think of was that I attempted an upgrade to 1.4.3 of XenForo and had to revert to a backup due to an issue importing the new style. Hence why I asked about clearing caches etc.

Will do, although I may not post every day I do read FreddysHouse every day!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Will do, although I may not post every day I do read FreddysHouse every day!

That's a sometimes depressing experience recently with all the terrorism. Bring us some of your special Deebs cheer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom