dota 2

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Anybody playing beta?
wouldnt mind finding a decent dota 2 player to team with. :) pm

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Lol defence of the Ancients, war craft spin off.

Calaen

Personally DOTA has always been the best. It's what the rest have copied from.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well it's more that they are inherently incomparable due to being extremely different games. WoW's PvP specifically is extremely simplistic compared to DAoC in the same way that LoL in general is basically a dumbed down clone of DoTA.

Calaen

As Eksdee has so rightly said, DOTA is just old, aside from that it's a far better game, if you can see beyond the fact the graphics are old!

Really looking forward to this, I'll be up for some games Hunt once the thing is actually released of course :p

Tilda

I have played DoTA as well as LoL so am aware of the differences in complexity. However, what I would like to know is where DoTA2 fits in to the spectrum?

Calaen

Hopfeully they are simply upgrading the graphics, new items and a couple of different looking maps! The beauty with DOTA was the complexity of it!

Zenith

Part of the furniture
DoTA2 is just a graphics overhaul with the same spells and mechanics as dota1. They are phasing in the heroes as they go.

They're adding a ton of needed stuff, as its going to be a stand-alone game, such as reconnecting tool, friending tools, ranking, ability to report players for leaving etc.

The feel of it is a bit different, as its a new game, but the heroes and the items are the same, and the graphics is a massive plus.

It's still as competitive and complex as dota1, just with fewer heroes at the moment

Calaen

DoTA2 is just a graphics overhaul with the same spells and mechanics as dota1. They are phasing in the heroes as they go.

They're adding a ton of needed stuff, as its going to be a stand-alone game, such as reconnecting tool, friending tools, ranking, ability to report players for leaving etc.

The feel of it is a bit different, as its a new game, but the heroes and the items are the same, and the graphics is a massive plus.

It's still as competitive and complex as dota1, just with fewer heroes at the moment

Good to know thanks Zenith, I'll be happy if I can join games via dotapickup tbh! that way I avoid the douchebags :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
You currently playing dota1? Its totally unplayable outside of communities, isnt it? When dotaleague went down I turned to dotalicious, got a nice client. You get harshly penalised for leaving or flaming. If you get up to level 2 you can enjoy some really good, competitive games.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Plus, it's really fun to see the communities of HoN, LoL and DoTA come together under DoTA2. You see some really strange strategies and builds from the HoN and LoL people. Everyone was expecting the DoTA teams to completely rip nonDOTA teams to shreds, but teams like EBIN shows that the HoN community got some quality too.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Bump! :) Still lookin for a dota key. Anyone who would happen to have one over, at this time?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Oh dear...

Saying that would be about on a level with saying "So, DAoC - any good compared to WoW?" ;)
I don't know which one you claim is better? They're the same game, with the same braindead retards playing it.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
The comparison is void - pretty different games. HoN is dead when it comes to competition. LoL, in terms of stats and straight money, currently have the most lucrative competitive scene. Comes down to the fact that RIOT reinvest a huge amount of money on tournaments and prizemoney within the game.

However, DoTA2 have the brightest competitive future, since they are still in the closed beta with an annual 1million first prize event, and loads of tournaments in ladder. In Closed beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom