Door bug,abuse

L

lpep

It seems that the hibbys now in mid frontier are using the door bug to send in pbaoe/mezz chars to kill defenders,screenys been taken by several people already to be passed on to goa,i hope they get what they deserve, there is no excuse now to abuse the bug enough poeple r aware of it in all realms........

F

Felan-Gimp

Im an alb, and i was inside renaris friday night, i was charged with setting GT's so couldnt tell who was who but im told albs was doing this too, its not an alb/mid/hib thing its a cheaters choice, anyone who cheats like this isnt worth the time of people who take/defend keeps, i want fair play and enjoy keep retakes, pls if anyone see's anyone else cheating like this report it

H

hammers

yea 2 enchanter's and 1 bard screen shot sent 2 :)

/slaps Pomalllka and freinds

P

poma

This is new bug, started around an hour ago after server crash, can no longer see door 2, it has moved to the building housing the keep lord. Seems to have affected quite a few ppl and relogging doesnt help.

Already appealed it myself to stop whiners like you wasting BW space.

By the way, im eldie not a chanter.

Poma.

Q

qyrf

you are a bit late there poma, since the bug has been in there for the last week or more!

and all should be aware of it now, so any who do it, is bug abusing!

and you can fix the bug yourself just have to reinstall daoc

H

hammers

Originally posted by poma
This is new bug, started around an hour ago after server crash, can no longer see door 2, it has moved to the building housing the keep lord. Seems to have affected quite a few ppl and relogging doesnt help.

Poma.

so it is a new bug --why stay in the keep then and attack peps that are inside.

so you knew about it 1 hr ago but still decided to enter the keep using the bug.

so you appealed it-so i will be sending screenshot to stop cheaters like you wasting BW space with lame excuses.

T

Takhasis

Poma.

this is not a new bug, its patched to the US servers and then "forced" to log onto excal.

the doors moved in a patch that us has and we dont to change keep take strategy.

abusers have been using it for a few weeks now to "run thru" the "missing" inner door to the courtyard

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Felan-Gimp
Im an alb, and i was inside renaris friday night, i was charged with setting GT's so couldnt tell who was who but im told albs was doing this too, its not an alb/mid/hib thing its a cheaters choice, anyone who cheats like this isnt worth the time of people who take/defend keeps, i want fair play and enjoy keep retakes, pls if anyone see's anyone else cheating like this report it

Saw a lot of abusing this at renaris on friday. Can we all make an effort to restrain our fellow countrymen from abusing this bug? The hibbie raids have been very good at doing this so far cg usualy goes something like this:-

Random hibbie : Hey wtf I can walk through the door, cool!
Hibbie in charge of raid : Come back out, do not abuse the bug, anyone with that 'feature' stay outside the keep!
Random hibbie : Bah ok.

L

lpep

Poma.

erm this is not a new bug its been reported on these forums several times recently...

T

the_hermit

I thought you could no longer patch to the US version - they did that patcher update last week (??) to prevent it happening?

My wife tested Foundations on the French Open Beta, and she had the problem with the missing doors - possibly something to do with that?

Ho hum - anyway - uninstall/reinstall worked fine and it stopped happening... Just remember to save your character files for screen setup!

L

lpep

Originally posted by the_hermit
I thought you could no longer patch to the US version - they did that patcher update last week (??) to prevent it happening?

My wife tested Foundations on the French Open Beta, and she had the problem with the missing doors - possibly something to do with that?

Ho hum - anyway - uninstall/reinstall worked fine and it stopped happening... Just remember to save your character files for screen setup!

as we have said its not a new bug,its possible a couple weeks old now and so there is no excuse to say u didnt know about it(not directed at anyone specific)...

F

Felan-Gimp

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Saw a lot of abusing this at renaris on friday. Can we all make an effort to restrain our fellow countrymen from abusing this bug? The hibbie raids have been very good at doing this so far cg usualy goes something like this:-

I agree with this, friday in the cg people were going mad in the cg and threatning others with being reported, this is how i know things was wrong as i was doing GT's, please i ask you all to report all cheaters so us who love this game can play it how its meat to be played

E

Ekydus

It is a bug not a cheat. When you take screenshots of the bug, you're probably going to take a screenshot of someone who is there by chance and not choice and has no intention to cheat.

L

lpep

Originally posted by Ekydus
It is a bug not a cheat. When you take screenshots of the bug, you're probably going to take a screenshot of someone who is there by chance and not choice and has no intention to cheat.

so its not a cheat when they stunn/mezz/nuke etc after entering the keep ????

and continue to do so on more than one person .....

D

decker

Pomm doesnt kill none with that bug today. And tbh it was first time when i heard about it.

And IMO. It sucks if u need to REINSTALL daoc to get over about that bug, if relog arent enough lol. Goa pwns.

N

Norvindus

Its Exploiting a known bug ie game flaw which you when you start the game accept not to do.

Some haven't reinstalled to get rid of it which f*** em over 2 time, first now second door on some keeps, secondly they can't enter lord room on one of their own keeps.

Some of the keep's haven't been changed 1 keep in each frontiere which has been mentioned somewhere on this board.

I urge everybody to uninstall and install again as the "change" first will be in 1.65
RVR KEEP CHANGES

- We have introduced a new frontier keep layout at all frontier keeps except for Dum Crimthainn, Caer Erasleigh, and Nottmoor Faste, which will keep the old layout. This keep layout adds an interior door at the lord tower, and removes one of the doors at the gatehouse. Additionally, new doors have been added at each rampart into the lord tower. These new doors will only allow players from the realm that owns the keep to enter and exit the tower.

F

Felan-Gimp

Exploit a bug then fuck off, albion excal needs you like they need a hole in the head, fuck off and cheat on another server, good bye and thanks

F

Felan-Gimp

Was i clear in my last post or dint i say Fuck Off enough?

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Felan-Gimp
Was i clear in my last post or dint i say Fuck Off enough?
crystal

/me hugs babe

edit: nerf ding earther :D

O

old.Icebreaker

To make this clear, This bug is ingame now for some time. And not only Hibs who used it. (without knowing or with). Albs used the bug to retake Renaris last Friday. Mids did it to take Bledmeer.
And now Hibs. I won't report anyone because it happens to alot ppl. And i am sure Goa wont ban any of those who used the bug.

I blame Goa for this one.

P

phule_gubben

If u agree to something when entering the game it can't be someone elses fault except your own.

If u have the "missing door bug" then all u have to do is to reinstall the game. as simple as that.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
To make this clear, This bug is ingame now for some time. And not only Hibs who used it. (without knowing or with). Albs used the bug to retake Renaris last Friday. Mids did it to take Bledmeer.
And now Hibs. I won't report anyone because it happens to alot ppl. And i am sure Goa wont ban any of those who used the bug.

I blame Goa for this one.

Funny - I blame the morons that keep using it. So what that there is a bug in the game - don't use it. What possible wrong could it do, not to exploit a bug?

Each time you log on, you press accept to the rules about exploiting said bugs.

Edit: And if people don't know about this - then they are either very new to the game - or ebays.
How somebody can enter a keep when everybody else is standing around near the gate and hitting something, and *still* think it isn't a bug, and then exploit it, is beyond me.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by lpep
erm this is not a new bug its been reported on these forums several times recently...

Of course, I forgot these were the official channel for DAOC bug reports.

I do not condone what people have done, but dont say that because somebody has reported it here that its gospel.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Xandax
Funny - I blame the morons that keep using it. So what that there is a bug in the game - don't use it. What possible wrong could it do, not to exploit a bug?

Each time you log on, you press accept to the rules about exploiting said bugs.

Edit: And if people don't know about this - then they are either very new to the game - or ebays.
How somebody can enter a keep when everybody else is standing around near the gate and hitting something, and *still* think it isn't a bug, and then exploit it, is beyond me.

You have now suggested that there may be at least 2 cases where somebody doesnt know about the bug.

Once people are told about it, I think you'll find there are very few repeat offenders, but as I said previously, report em to goa and let them deal with it.

Each time I log on I click accept to the CoC, each time I play the game I see people that might have macro crafters, I see people abusing lag jumping, i see people abusing all sorts of bugs...I also see GOA doing very little to combat many of the issues in the game, I say GOA and not mythic because GOA have the franchise.

I see no in-game problem resolution mechanism (CSR), I dont see this being cheaper than the US version. The question must be what are they doing with the extra cash we started paying them?

P

poma

Starting to wish i never posted.

To clear up, yes i did run thru the door, yes i did get stuck inside the keep because I didn't know that the heck happened.

From reading the posts I now understand this is a patch bug. The only DD's I did were archers who were peppering me (i was stood on the rampart above the gate wondering what the heck happened). I didn't actually knowingly engage any other players, although i did see some get nuked/mezzed but thats another story....

tbh its just another instance of lousy service from wannado. For the english servers just give is USA equiv straight away. Is there a valid reason not to do this ??? Ok for the 'foreign' language conversions there will be some delay, but the english servers ???

Anyway the bugs lame and anyone who exploits it after they know about it deserve what they get.

cheers

Pom

A

ab_fluid

Starting to wish i never posted.

To clear up, yes i did run thru the door, yes i did get stuck inside the keep because I didn't know that the heck happened.

From reading the posts I now understand this is a patch bug. The only DD's I did were archers who were peppering me (i was stood on the rampart above the gate wondering what the heck happened). I didn't actually knowingly engage any other players, although i did see some get nuked/mezzed but thats another story....

tbh its just another instance of lousy service from wannado. For the english servers just give is USA equiv straight away. Is there a valid reason not to do this ??? Ok for the 'foreign' language conversions there will be some delay, but the english servers ???

Anyway the bugs lame and anyone who exploits it after they know about it deserve what they get.

cheers

Pom

if the english servers were on 1.65 and the french/german weren't then the english servers would get flooded totally

H

hobarv

I know for a fact Poma killed people inside the keep,she and 2 or 3 others stayed inside and killed all mids who managed to get inside.
I have ss but no host,if somone can host them I'll mail them to him(her on monday late evening)

R

Ravenbourne

Why was nothing put on the daoc home page about this bug? Not everyone reads BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom