Doom 3 - where is it ???

F

fullo

When is Doom 3 going to be released ???

There are just so many rumours and the only thing to come out of E3 was a video, come on ID you had better release it soon because the way Half-Life 2 is shaping up Doom 3 will be a has-been even before it's released!

Check out the 10 minute video on July's DVD edition of PC Gaming and start getting excited all over again! I can't wait for Half Life 2!!!!!!! Someone hold me down!!!!!!!!

W

whipped

*holds fullo down*

Doom III is due out in November, but I wouldn't get too excited. Wait for some good games built on its engine to appear. Doom III itself will no doubt be shit.

Half-Life 2 all the way!

D

dysfunction

Ive pre ordered mine....but not from Game.

Its due out late Nov.

Also pre ordered HL2!

M

moomin

Originally posted by dysfunction

Its due out late Nov.

Also pre ordered HL2!

Yeah I've gotit from the same place also :>

M

moomin

talking about cool games

I'm more looking forward to homeworld 2

now if I can get that 21" screen to work

W

WPKenny

We were talking about this earlier in IRC today.

Basically most people are excited about HL2 and are a bit apathetic about the release of Doom3.

M

moomin

My IRC is no more for a few weeks

hence my forum spamming

But yeah homeworld was a superb game. I found the music to be great and the pace of the game was good (i.e. no starcraft CLICK CLICK CLICK fest)

W

Wij

I'm more excited about the release of anal virgins 5.

E

ECA

Id used to be great, then they did the Quake series.

To be fair they have a better track record than Valve - they only have a single game behind them.

Both looks great, but a game isnt just about graphics, the alpha of doom 3 had the feeling of the original, the frantic shooting in an enclosed gloomy environment with creepy music.

M

mank!

Thora Birch, check the film forum and Ghost World thread

T

throdgrain

Quake 1/2/3 are all great in their way. ECA just can't see beyond the end of his nose as usual :p

I know what you mean about Doom 3 though, Im not much bothered about it really. Half Life 2 on the other hand, Ill be down the shops the day it comes out.

Mind the way life is, we'll probably all be suprised and Doom 3 will be great and .. errr

God I spoke the unthinkable....

W

Wij

Originally posted by ECA
Id used to be great, then they did the Quake series.

To be fair they have a better track record than Valve - they only have a single game behind them.

Both looks great, but a game isnt just about graphics, the alpha of doom 3 had the feeling of the original, the frantic shooting in an enclosed gloomy environment with creepy music.

QW > all

O

old.tRoG

Quake is the daddy.

*Gets his rocket launcher*

L

lovedaddy

grab

whilst waiting for Doom3, grab Serious Sam, its only about 20 quid these days, and its soooo in the spirit of Doom and Doom2. One of my fav PC games of the last few years.

Bargin!

D

dysfunction

Looks like this is only going to be released early next year

....maybe

B

bigfoot

Apparently there was an Activision conference call yesterday and they announced in it that they are not expecting it until early 2004 now :(.

E

ECA

Well isn't that gay.
Probably released releasing anything within 3 months of HL2 was a bit bloody stupid :-]

E

Embattle

Re: grab

Originally posted by lovedaddy
whilst waiting for Doom3, grab Serious Sam, its only about 20 quid these days, and its soooo in the spirit of Doom and Doom2. One of my fav PC games of the last few years.

Bargin!

You can get the Gold edition, this includes both the First Encounter and the Second Encounter of Serious Sam for £10.49 from GAME:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10348&mid=275210

S

]SK[

Originally posted by dysfunction

Its due out late Nov.

Also pre ordered HL2!

What about delivery though, only reason I wont preorder is down to not knowing if ill get it the day of release.
I preorderd zelda:ww and that came about 4 days early.

So if I choose standard delivery will it be 1 day after release?

E

Embattle

It will normally depend on when they get their supply of a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom