Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Shipping now!

doom3.jpg

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
From another forum...

Originally Posted by leatherface
bah, figured it wont hurt to say it anyway..... being so close to te actual announcement.... dont think i'll get in trouble since it'll be gold by the time any "official" people readit

i work at a EB distribution center and i help mamange all of activisions incoming/outgoing stuff......

we've got the doom 3 boxes, cd (and yes, DVD editions, regardless of what Todd Holleshead said about no DVD version a while back) cases, manuals, and pamphlets allready to go....... The boxes you see for the preorder look NOTHING like the actual retail boxes..... they have a much better image on them and no poly-ated looking hell knight......

Activision gave us word that we should be expecting copies of CD's to fill the orders with within the next 7 days, and they have allready confirmed the game has gone gold, but id software themselves will not state this until thursday or friday of this week

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Any news of a demo at all or anything?

I'm not likely to fork out for it otherwise....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm definitely buying it. Doom 1 and 2 were great fun, and I never paid for them :(

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I Win!

As some #freddyshouse regulars may know I had a bet with a friend about 18 months ago that Doom 3 would be out before Half Life 2. Naturally at *that* time HL2 was out in weeks, D3 ages away. Time to collect my winnings I think ... :clap:

babs

Can't get enough of FH
An odd review at best, or is it just me?
If you try to blaze through any of these 28 missions you WILL be humiliated. Instead the only route to access is a slow and steady one, sticking to shadows, searching every nook and crany for health, ammo, and access keys, and generally advancing as methodicaly as you can.
Then a few lines later....
But theres no need to worry that Doom 3 is as slow as spliner cell - hardly a minute goes by without a furious exchange of hostiles with some manner demonic beastie, imps, Hellknights, and Archviles are all back to shock and awe you with viscerally jarring attacks, and the endless stream of zombies and scuttling nasties gives you plenty to chew on (and chew up).

First bit sounds shite, second bit sounds like old doom.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds consistent to me. Go charging in and hell descends on you..yup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom