Don't read if you haven't seen it!! Dr Who

Ezteq

Queen of OT
as usual I cannot see the point where the whole thread has to be in spoilers just because one person who didn't see it yet might accidentally open the thread...so if you didn't see Dr Who yet and don't want to kow about it BUGGER OFF!!! this thread aint for you!!

*scrolls down sufficiently so no one can accuse of hovver viewing by accident*

OK so what did you think? The 2 part xmas episodes 'End Of Time' I thought it was OK but am glad Davies is bogging off because he keeps bringing back stuff someone else invented, we get the occasional new alien but just lately its been omg its the daleks (again) oh noes the cybermen (again) the sontarians (can't spell it...again) and oh look its the master, again ...and some time lords.

I want new aliens and stuff!! Though I did quite like that chap who played the master when he turned everyone on earth into him I thought that was quite old school Dr Who in that is was thoroughly silly. I do wish that the Dr would have Wilf as his companion though that'd be excellent and now it's happened I am quite glad Tennant has gone, he was great but was starting to get a bit too serious and repettative (imo anyway), looking forward to spring when the new (and boy is he new lol what is he like 16?) Dr kicks off, wonder who'll be his sidekick....hope its not tracey beaker lol

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
(spoiler)Text(/spoiler) ... if you replace the () with [].... ;)

*buggers off due to a lack of Dr.Who knowledge*

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Karen Gillan is the next companion...
karen-gillan-new-doctor-who-companion.jpg

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i liked sally sparrow

Im not going to go oh i hate the new doctor, everyone was hesitant of Tennant when he took over Ecclebean gold blend and he turned out great

I just hope they dont aim too low for the kids with the younger cast and keep it for the whole family

Jeros

Part of the furniture

*sploooogggggeeee*

anyway

some classic lines at the end of part 2 tho

"i have hands....ooooh hands!" or something

and

"im STILL not ginger!"

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Im not going to go oh i hate the new doctor, everyone was hesitant of Tennant when he took over Ecclebean gold blend and he turned out great

+1

I reckon the new doctor will be equally likeable

Bring back Torchwood with more lesbian scenes (D/L the first episode if you've not seen it)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
New Doctor looks too young. I like the times when the Doctor gets all furious, but this guy isn't going to scare a fly.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I liked it overall i always wanted to see more about the timelords and them all getting killed. I did not like the bit with waving the gun around it was very much none Doctor. Also all the Good Bye bits seemed wierd i know it was a goodbye Tennant bit but the Doctor is still the Doctor.

I would really like a spin off or maybe a mini series all about the time war ending with the Doctor burning them all.

And i want this Companion back its lots of low cut tops hopefully in places where her chest gets all sweaty!
normal_73281_michelle_ryan_dr_who_set_cc_002_122_187lo.jpg

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Although I like Christopher Eccleston and think he's a good actor, I didn't like his performance as Dr. Who - I felt it was too forced. Tennant was good right from the kick-off.

I'll not pre-judge the new chap.

As someone recently said, Dr. Who is like policemen, he seems to be getting younger all the time ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I liked it overall i always wanted to see more about the timelords and them all getting killed. I did not like the bit with waving the gun around it was very much none Doctor. Also all the Good Bye bits seemed wierd i know it was a goodbye Tennant bit but the Doctor is still the Doctor.

I would really like a spin off or maybe a mini series all about the time war ending with the Doctor burning them all.

And i want this Companion back its lots of low cut tops hopefully in places where her chest gets all sweaty!
normal_73281_michelle_ryan_dr_who_set_cc_002_122_187lo.jpg

Works for me, fabulous chesticles. :D

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Thought Tennant was great as the doctor but I thought that last episode was poor.

The Timelords turn up, The Doctor say something and then suddenly defeats them easily. They set it up brilliantly but then failed to deliver and that end section dragged.

Hope they get a decent companion in for a change, some decent eye candy for the new doctor.

Don't forget, they did create an alternate Tennant Doctor and Rose that presumably could come back at any time.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe I liked whatshername michelle thingy as the companion rich cat thief type I thought she was smashing!

Also I hope they don't aim too 'young' but I hope that they do bring back the fun episodes, I mean they can be creepy and fun (crying angels) they all started to get a bit dark and depressing after a while. And while I am looking forwardto seeing what this new guy can offer I hope they do go for a crotchety old git Dr next because too many younguns aint what its all about!...although I have a suspicion that a female Dr is in the wings because he did say something like 'argh I'm female' when he was checking his hair which means that it may be possible for him to alter gender Oo (and tbh wasn't too impressed by the ginger comment, was it necessary? would he have said 'gah still not black' or 'gah still not disabled!' ?)

aaaand I'd really like for him to have an alien companion at some point, one that could do cool doings

Jeros

Part of the furniture
A female doctor would be and interesting twist!

After regeneration:

*grabs hair*

"oh no im another long haired bloke!"

"STILL NOT GINGER!"

*notices boobs*

*grabs boobs*

"this is new"

*end of episode*

:D

Oh and Ez not everyone hates redheads, i myself activly seek them out!

women that is

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, I may take the piss out of you gingers, but I mean it well. Red headed women = hot.

But a female Doctor? No, just no.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah I am a female and all for equal rights (though am I pissed off that we gals no longer have the option to stay at home and like embroider and get the vapours and stuff...damn suffragettes!!!) but the Dr is a chap, afaik the Dr stays the same even though his body regenerates so it'd be a male mind in a female body which sounds funny but (please refer to numerous boy/girl brain/body swapping movies) is usually predictable and boring.

do not do it!!!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
And River Song is in the trailer. I have to watch Silence in the Library again but im pretty sure she says something like your much younger than my Doctor. Then how can she meet this young new whipper snapper?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And River Song is in the trailer. I have to watch Silence in the Library again but im pretty sure she says something like your much younger than my Doctor. Then how can she meet this young new whipper snapper?

When she said that, wasn't she referring to the lifespan of the dr, not how old his latest incarnation was? She was pointing out she had been companion to a future dr.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
When she said that, wasn't she referring to the lifespan of the dr, not how old his latest incarnation was? She was pointing out she had been companion to a future dr.

I'll have to rewatch it im a little blurry on it. Will be good to see how they pan that story out as we have seen her death and we know they were very close, or else he wouldnt have told her his real name

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
About the special; nice finish to an era and even if i had my doubts about the new doctor, he did manage to give a spark of good feeling in the brain. So, i think it'll be alright. Also nice to know that Tennant can always be brought back for a visit.

So, short reviwe; nice finish, good special, future looks nice.

About the other thing;

Female Doctor?

Good companion?

2457432768_c05a66a3be.jpg

Thar ya go :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

OMG a GINGER!!!

Not sure a much younger Doc is going to work well but, will wait with interest to see how it goes. Personally thought the stories involving the Master (John Simms) were the best ones, such a good actor. The show improved massively with Miss Tate's removal for me, worst assistant in the history of the show by far. K9 had better acting abilities!

Looking forward to the new series.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh good I like River Song she is cool. I am going to submit an application asking that Tinkerbelle be the next Dr's assistant tbh, here is a demo episode script:

"Start the tardis!!"
*wheek*
"The tardis, quick, get it going the sommelglobbins from zed beta 12 are almost here!!!" *blink*
"OMG we're going to diiiiie!!"
*aims tiny sonic pellet at sommelglobbins from zed beta 12...wheek!*
"best assistant ever!"

I think it's got massive potential tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Even still, it wouldn't make any sense unless there's a 100 year gap somewhere in the show.

Also it would quite ruin the 'Silence in the Library' feel, if they plopped her in. Mystery helps, even if it's tempting as hell to know all and now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom