Dont port to Frontiers or do Instance dungeon.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Just to say the server restart seems to have gone funny dont try and do an instance or head to frontiers. (is for me anyways) ill try and find a gm

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Still having the same problem matey. Half way doing a TD at Camp forest on Alb. Can't get in ,game throwing me back to chr select screen. When i go back to the TaskMaster dude , he tells me that i still have a task to do> Grr....

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
THe servers being restarted now should solve the problem. would recomend logging out so that the server saves your data and you dont loose any exp as such.

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, just saw the message on the scrteen. Server Re-boot O - o

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well i just logged cavewark on and frontiers is working and so are instances the other zones SHOULD be up momentarily If they arnt someone say. (im sure you will)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Its still fucked...

Was begin to think it was cos it was early and they hadnt got into work yet

3hrs later now realise its cos theyre fucking useless whoever runs the server shite, reboot did a fat lot of good didnt it.

And they wonder why daoc is dying off

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
in what way is it "fucked" because when i logged of it was fine.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Well i went out shopping and come back 3hrs later , tried to log in my chars that were in catacombs areas and it crashed 3 times. (By crashed i mean either froze or had the abandoned mines loading screen, red bar fills and stops, and im logged out in inconnu crypt anyway, which btw allways seems to happen to a lot of people when this zone goes down). 15 mins later ive finally got it to work (For now at least). But fine and dandy as that is, it shuldnt have crashed anyway, 3hrs odd after a reboot the zone shuldve been up.

My other chars not in cats loaded first time btw so it isnt my files. But like i said ive managed to log them in now.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
knighthood said:
Well i went out shopping and come back 3hrs later , tried to log in my chars that were in catacombs areas and it crashed 3 times. (By crashed i mean either froze or had the abandoned mines loading screen, red bar fills and stops, and im logged out in inconnu crypt anyway, which btw allways seems to happen to a lot of people when this zone goes down). 15 mins later ive finally got it to work (For now at least). But fine and dandy as that is, it shuldnt have crashed anyway, 3hrs odd after a reboot the zone shuldve been up.

My other chars not in cats loaded first time btw so it isnt my files. But like i said ive managed to log them in now.

The zone was back up - the fact that everyone else can log into it proves that.

On the other hand, when the server gets confused as to the location of a character (for example when you try and load into a zone that isn't running) it usually takes several tries to either force the server to load you back in the zone (if it's gone up in the meantime), or force the server to bring you back to your last good position. If this still doesn't work after several tries (say about 5) then you'll have to go via RightNow and ask a GM to move your character back to your bind stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom