Dont go buffbot just yet...

W

wyleia

Check our your dmg first... getting reports that the second highest smite.. which lots of clerics are specced for is actualyl doing more dmg.. any other clerics with the 43 smite spec attest to this? (since its the highest smite in the line now you are fully smite specced for the dd at 43)

Apparently clerics have a bigger range on their aoe dd as well now... so the highest specced smiters at 48 lost their uber nukes.. but those who went middle of hte road with the 43 smite spec are actaully better off now than they were before beyond the 5min pbaemezz timer.

Anyone else comparing their dmg at this spec? ( I dont wana lose the few heals I get from clerics out there in RvR! and you arent THAT nerfed as was hyped if you werent FULL smite.. )

Wyleia Mythweaver
50th Sorc of The 30
http://www.the30.org.uk

K

Krissy

A cleric i a good group enjoys healing ( yes serveral clerics have confermed this what most think is a lie ), so rarely get to smite.

You play a cleric because u hear its got chain armour/mez/heal/stun/instants heals/shield/melee/buffs/DD.

Most ppl now have relised that clerics are fun as healers too not just smiters so are respecing to make the most of this enjoyable new experiance. not to mention the smite DD cap has been lowered :D

O

old.Jadow

If a cleric is using melee there is something wrong :D

S

scunn

Always found cleric a fun healer as ive always been full rejuv :)

Most others have caught on to it now and caught on that full ress is good :)

Its at least saving mea few resses i can remember when only 2 others had it :p

T

Turamber

Vae reported the same findings with his 43 smite last night on guild chat. I think he was just a little bit chuffed.

I hope its not a sign of things to come, but last night there were very, very few clerics in Emain. Maybe most of them already consider themselves to be nerfed to hell so didn't bother logging in? Most rezzing and healing duty was being done by friars and paladins (heal chant anyone?), far from ideal :(

O

old.Vae

Ok I did some testing before and after the patch.

I was and am still specced 43 smite, 24 rejuv, 21 enh at Lvl 50.

Tested on grey dunters, green lizards, blue Lesser Telemons and yellow Lesser Telemons (so only just yellow).

I found that base smite damage was down an average of 15% due to the patch (very similar %'s against each con enemy).

My spec smite had effectively gone up by 8% though due to me getting the 43 spec DD instead of the 35 one I had been using.

So I came to the conclusion, as I already knew, that I was gimped before and am now merely nerfed :)

I was hitting with the base DD (3 sec cast) in RvR for 300 (less resists - so actually 149 - 300 probably 230ish average). This has probably declined to 250 less resists now. The spec DD (4 sec cast) I was hitting for 330 with has probably increased to 360ish less resists now.

Thus the effetive damage dealt per second (ignoring resists) was 100 for base and 82.5 for spec. It is now 83.33 for base, 90 for spec meaning that the spec DD is now worth me using with it's lower power consumption too.

These RvR figures are a little rough due to me not having actuals for them but just memory. I've yet to go to RvR and test this though so some of it's merely conjecture.

Conclusion: I've never had the 48 spec DD so don't know what I'm missing. I used to use the base DD solely. Now I'll use the spec DD solely instead so my damage is actually going up. The thing that is really going to hurt though is the mes nerf. The Damage nerf fine I can live with but the mes is a bastard!

S

shani

My cleric has been enhance / rejeuv to start with.
Does this mean I'm not nerfed, but gimped from the start ?

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.Jadow
If a cleric is using melee there is something wrong :D

k.

Based on personal experience heh :p

My smiter, (I respecced away some rejuv and INTO smite after 1.52) now has the next best dmg add. I hit for the same again with my dmg add as my hammer, therefore doubling my dmg output. The buff is better than any same level dmg buff from Wizzies or Theurgs. So I can melee with it thankyou very much, as yellow cons are at least <50% hp by the time I whip my hammer out.

O

old.Isos

I grouped with some clerics yesterday in emain

and to my suprise, I GOT HEALED!
and maybe this is a start of an age where clerics actually heal =)

G

Gabrial

Originally posted by old.Isos

I cant imagine being in a group and NOT healing, be it RvR or PvE. Well, maybe if people are smiters then its a bit more understandable. Do rejuv/enhance clerics really never heal in RvR?

G

geniusdaoc

I always heal in groups,
but as no albs bother to group me in emain I'm forced to play as a smite cleric mostly

M

maxgirth

Plus I got rezzed (with full health :) ) after dying 1st when our group went to rezz some fellow albs in DF, who had just been killed by a group of hibs,at this time there was just me, my cleric and 2 hibs left , the fight went to the wire,but we managed to kill them,I hope this is a sign of things to come:).

Thx to the other realms for making this happen, with your call to nerf our Angels in chain,buffs are better, rejuve is greater, as most have respecced to be oh so RvR friendly,they rezz,heal,and will watch the rp`s come flowing in,as they bring back to life all the fallen tanks who died on the 1st charge,brilliant:).

H

Hadess

Originally posted by maxgirth

Thx to the other realms for making this happen, with your call to nerf our Angels in chain,buffs are better, rejuve is greater, as most have respecced to be oh so RvR friendly,they rezz,heal,and will watch the rp`s come flowing in,as they bring back to life all the fallen tanks who died on the 1st charge,brilliant:).

I really hope you are joking.
1. Buffs are better - Smite cleric buffs are better then no buffs at all like it is now.
2. Rejuv is greater - Still a smite cleric heal is better then pala heal chant.
3. They rez - Today i lied 5 meter from 40 albs and didnt get ressed, finnally after 5 minutes a paladin ressed me.
4. Thx to the other realms for making this happen - Yes thx for deleting me after playing this one for almost a year. By the way, I really hope your merc gets nerfed maxgirth.

H

hangianix

Good to see that so many reju cleric are out there. That's a shame that i had to rezz and rezz and heal and heal with my smiter because no other cleric were around. (It was in the patch day)

"[Party] Hitokiri "but if u come here ill ave to pass down my medal of crazyness to u"

I'm still waiting Hito... ;)

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by Hadess

I really hope you are joking.
1. Buffs are better - Smite cleric buffs are better then no buffs at all like it is now.
2. Rejuv is greater - Still a smite cleric heal is better then pala heal chant.
3. They rez - Today i lied 5 meter from 40 albs and didnt get ressed, finnally after 5 minutes a paladin ressed me.
4. Thx to the other realms for making this happen - Yes thx for deleting me after playing this one for almost a year. By the way, I really hope your merc gets nerfed maxgirth.

So you had a bad time in rvr because you didn`t get rezzed,whilst 2 of us noticed a change for the better,most clerics I know have respecced and hardly noticed a change for the worse,if my merc gets nerfed I wont quit,or have a dig at others,you try being a tank who charges 1st and lies there dead whilst you have given the rest of your group a chance to get some rp`s,this changed today I was rezzed and managed to to kill the last 2 hibs,which in turn got the cleric and me some rp`s,sorry if I seem happy about not kissing dirt when the rp`s come,but it does make a change:).

So it doesn`t matter if this makes our realm stronger then,you want to know why most tanks run (not that i`ve ever run )it`s because they`re pissed off with never getting healed or rezzed,and can`t be bothered playing PK tennis.

You see this through a smiters eyes I see it through a tanks,so to get your point across you would like to see one of your realms tanks get nerfed,not much of a team player are you????

A

andrilyn

You see this through a smiters eyes I see it through a tanks,so to get your point across you would like to see one of your realms tanks get nerfed,not much of a team player are you????

Thx to the other realms for making this happen, with your call to nerf our Angels in chain,buffs are better, rejuve is greater, as most have respecced to be oh so RvR friendly,they rezz,heal,and will watch the rp`s come flowing in,as they bring back to life all the fallen tanks who died on the 1st charge,brilliant

Well congrats mate, you just proven yourself to be a retard!
So you think if they nerf clerics (what they did) its for the best but if they nerf mercenaries you freak out, look at your own damn quote: you would like to see one of your realms tanks get nerfed,not much of a team player are you????
So you sir are a damn hypocrite...

S

SoulFly Amarok

Vae, could you please tell me the cap damage of your baseline smite and the specline one. thx :D

( to a lvl 1 grey ~~)

O

old.Vae

Damage Cap on either a grey dunter or a lvl 1 grey was 546 on the 43 spec smite and 393 on the highest lvl base smite.

Pre nerf this was 472 with the base smite ( so a 17% decrease on cap but 15% average decrease) and 506 with the lvl 35 spec smite (thus an 8% increase because of the new spell despite the 15%ish nerf).

This was with 43 +8 smite and 202 piety. Oh and also mastery of magery 1.

Damage I was doing in RvR earlier was ok - spec smite was doing 250ish to yellows and 350ish to blues but cast time was abysmal :( 4 Seconds is SO slow!

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by andrilyn

Well congrats mate, you just proven yourself to be a retard!
So you think if they nerf clerics (what they did) its for the best but if they nerf mercenaries you freak out, look at your own damn quote: you would like to see one of your realms tanks get nerfed,not much of a team player are you????
So you sir are a damn hypocrite...

Because I stated what a refreshing change as did Isos to be healed, rezzed in rvr that makes me a retard rotflmfao.

For stating this I get told, I hope you get nerfed, these boards are for people to express opinions,I express mine through experiences and situations I encounter,so I must be completely wrong for thinking, that all the respecced clerics that I have grouped with since patch,whose buffs now turn you into superman,plus better healing abilities,will benefit our realm in any shape or form whatsover.

So by simply stating this im a retard and hypocrite,I didn`t call for the nerfing the other realms did,of which sir, you are a part of,does this make you a hypocrite??

H

hangianix

Vae, but for that 8% dmg increase we payed with a 24% power consumption insrease... :(

"[Party] Hitokiri "but if u come here ill ave to pass down my medal of crazyness to u"

S

scunn

It is nice to see so many rejuv/enhance clerics about but some of us oldies have been speced that way from the start :D.

I always heal unless lag is so bad, i think most clerics do :).

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by hangianix
Vae, but for that 8% dmg increase we payed with a 24% power consumption insrease... :(

Aye you are quite right Hang. However from my point of view I previously mainly used the base smite because I could never get the smite off before being interrupted so mana use was horrendous anyway. My mana use on the new spec spell is still bad (31 I think) but not as bad as the base spell (37 I think). So from my point of view I'm using just the spec smite now as opposed to the base: So higher damage (per spell not per second), lower mana consumption but longer cast time and thus a LOT more interrupts. Of course this doesn't compare with the pre nerf spec smite of a lot lower power usage and only a little less damage but it makes me feel better :)

The things I see that really need fixing are the power consumption on the 43 spec smite since they didn't reduce it when they moved it from 48 smite despite reducing it's damage. So it's a lvl 43 damage spell with a lvl 48 power cost. Also the mes needs fixing (which they've catagorically stated they won't) or for us to be given some other way of defending ourselves (best suggestion I've heard is making our Pbaoe mes actually the skald mes so single target on 30 sec timer). The whole mes nerf is the most stupid thing they've done but I can live with the damage nerf although I'm not happy about it.

G

Gran

Vae, come to the dark side of being a cleric that of healing and buffing, I might even make you a member of the board at McGinger Buffs Inc. :p

H

Hadess

So you had a bad time in rvr because you didn`t get rezzed,whilst 2 of us noticed a change for the better,most clerics I know have respecced and hardly noticed a change for the worse,if my merc gets nerfed I wont quit,or have a dig at others,you try being a tank who charges 1st and lies there dead whilst you have given the rest of your group a chance to get some rp`s,this changed today I was rezzed and managed to to kill the last 2 hibs,which in turn got the cleric and me some rp`s,sorry if I seem happy about not kissing dirt when the rp`s come,but it does make a change:).

So it doesn`t matter if this makes our realm stronger then,you want to know why most tanks run (not that i`ve ever run )it`s because they`re pissed off with never getting healed or rezzed,and can`t be bothered playing PK tennis.

You blame smite clerics for that alb tanks run in RvR combat? Well that was one statement i hadnt heard before. Thanks for the laugh. First your information can I tell you that a smite cleric (48 smite) did way more for the group then most others in RvR battles. Not only did we made some huge damages. We could res and use our insta heals. Now we are limited to healing and rezzing. Sure a little better, but in total a rej cleric will always be of less importance then the old smite cleric for the group in RvR battles.

I agree some have better buffs these days, but that is not because of the high amount of rej clerics in RvR. Its because of the high amount of afk clerics in apk.

And i dont wish mercenaries to be nerfed. I just want you to be it because you have a big mouth.

Finnally i would never cheer for a class getting gimped, even if the realm gets stronger out of it. Many people gets their characters destroyed and that is always sad.

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Gran
Vae, come to the dark side of being a cleric that of healing and buffing, I might even make you a member of the board at McGinger Buffs Inc. :p

NOOOOO! NEVER!!!

If I was to do that I might as well turn Vae into a buffbot and create a new character!

L

Lochlyessa

Never been a smite cleric, altho I was tempted to respec to 43 at times, mostly after getting whinged at for someone running out of healing range, or not getting a res immediatly! but..

Went 45r for the next group heal, and better instant heals( meant to be 100%, but only do 1.3k on me atm.. gimped :( )

25 enhance for better buffs and 2 resist buffs (wub em!)

and 16 smite for the 15 sec mez, since it's on a 5 min timer, I wanna be able to do something in the duration :)

Happy with this spec tbh, can prolly solo better tbh, due to better rejuv + instants, with a slight reduction in smite damage

H

hangianix

Aye, you got heal because all of the healing class got +650 healing range. So you can run away from us farther. :)

L

Lochlyessa

Btw.. still not sure why people go 'omg i got healed in rvr woohoo'!

Even pre patch I was specced in rejuv, along with Redb and others that I can't remember atm, and we always tried to heal in groups.

So basically, if you want healing from a cleric, don't group with a smite/enhance cleric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom