donnie darko

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldnt watch it again, but yeah it was fucked up.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Good film.....

Didn't totally get it, but then again I don't think you are supposed to and anyone who does is just lying...

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
a film i really didnt understand was called lost highway, now thats wierd

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ooo talking of films no one understands - has anyone seen Solaris? What a pile of weirdness that was! Mind you, I only watched it for a glimpse of George Clooney's bum, but still.... :eek:

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
donnie darko is one of my absolute favourites
it might get a lill bit messed up for some ppl, but its the message/mood set wich makes this movie so good

same goes for the other movies stated above

PS if you wanne see a mindfuck watch Naked Lunch by Cronenberg

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
a film i really didnt understand was called lost highway, now thats wierd

That was sooooooooo weird... I truly thought I was missing some point with that flick but I realised it was just an 'out there' movie. No idea what he was on when he made it. Even Eraserhead was more coherent!

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Ooo talking of films no one understands - has anyone seen Solaris? What a pile of weirdness that was! Mind you, I only watched it for a glimpse of George Clooney's bum, but still.... :eek:[/QUOTE]

I've watched that. I thought it was cheesy and predictable though. :p
I mean the ending, come on, it stank of sixth sense. :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I didn't have a problem understanding Solaris, I thought it was quite well made. Soderburgh's stinkers are actually above-average films.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Ala said:
That was sooooooooo weird... I truly thought I was missing some point with that flick but I realised it was just an 'out there' movie. No idea what he was on when he made it. Even Eraserhead was more coherent!

Yeah, thought it was all going to make sense in the end :(
When did u watch it btw? Think it was on channel 4 a month ago or so :eek:

/edit: actually, your australian arn't you? :p

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Yer Sydney m8 ;)

I saw it at the movies in '97 then again on video, both times I was like "huh?". David Lynch is one of my fav directors but that was just one time where I couldn't appreciate his quirkiness, just too damn quirky! Reminds me of Kubricks attempt with 'Eyes Wide Shut' < that was a crap film too.

For some bizzare reason I now what to hire out 'Lost Highway' and attempt to understand it...why do I torture myself sooooo!! Aaaiiiiieeee!
scream.gif

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Ala said:
Yer Sydney m8 ;)

I saw it at the movies in '97 then again on video, both times I was like "huh?". David Lynch is one of my fav directors but that was just one time where I couldn't appreciate his quirkiness, just too damn quirky! Reminds me of Kubricks attempt with 'Eyes Wide Shut' < that was a crap film too.

For some bizzare reason I now what to hire out 'Lost Highway' and attempt to understand it...why do I torture myself sooooo!! Aaaiiiiieeee!
scream.gif
Nooo, don't do it :( It's just so shit :(
i'd rather watch.. CLUELESS!

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
Nooo, don't do it It's just so shit
i'd rather watch.. CLUELESS!

After not very much consideration I'm going to take your advice :)
I checked out David Lynchs' webbie, looks pretty cool, good interface, it's like an old switchboard complete with switchboardy sound effects. You gotta pay though but *shrug* thought I'd check it out one time. Nice animations and photography aswell. Worth it, all depending on if you're a David Lynch fan ofc.

I want to a see a film called 'Ultra Violence', just read a small review on it in 'Vice' magazine today. Looks like my kinda fun! :clap:

Read the review of 'Ultra Violence', short film by Ara Peterson

English

Fledgling Freddie
lmao watched up to where they see grandma death checking her post again LMAO !!!!!!!!

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
DD has been one of my favourite films for a very long time now, ever since it was on limited release a year or two ago.

Basically the film is based around the concept of a paradox, so anyone who says they understand it is bullshitting, because a paradox cannot, by definition, make sense :) I have the DVD and I've watched the Directors commentary (which is ace, so much hidden detail), and even after that it's mind boggling.

1) Donnie Darko
2) Fight Club
3) The Rules of Attraction
4) Lost in Translation

My top 4 films ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom