Doh Free for all relic raids

G

Garbannoch Nox

well done mids! well organised although pretty obvious - IMO only albs' fault to not take their keeps back in time

as for not being primetime: primetime raids involving albion in either way are not possible --> zonecrash

although i would see the str relics in hib i have to admit it's nice to see albion lose them after having them sooooo long

i guess a lot of raids ahead now - and @mids: start collecting money to repair your relic doors ;)

T

Treniel-

Free for all relic raids? grow up 10am is a perfectly fine time imo so is 4 in the middle of the night its a 24/7 game GOA don't shut the servers down after 12 midnight when most gone to bed now do they? :rolleyes:

as i just said on another post theres no way mids can hold relics at 25% espcially due to the fact that theres is the hardest to defend anyway....str relics don't do a awful lot as it is, zerkers will hurt more but the other mid tank classes kinda suck anyway.

Q

Quinn

Hmm - mainly see alot of whining albs, guess these are the ones that sat around doing bugger all, while the rest of us tried to do something and at least congratulate mids on their good play.

Not wishing to finger point, but most albs refused to help the night before and didn't even turn up until mids had taken first relic. It was sooo obvious what was gonna happen, and people carried on playing SI or porting to emain to get RPs. Hopefully this will make a few albs sit up and take notice - and I don't just mean the arrogant "big" guilds who only think a major raid is worth doing just cos they're organising it.

Ps This post and before is not Balthazar, but his brother Quintus in case you're gonna flame me in-game

S

splash0r

Originally posted by Treniel-
Free for all relic raids? grow up 10am is a perfectly fine time imo so is 4 in the middle of the night its a 24/7 game GOA don't shut the servers down after 12 midnight when most gone to bed now do they? :rolleyes:

as i just said on another post theres no way mids can hold relics at 25% espcially due to the fact that theres is the hardest to defend anyway....str relics don't do a awful lot as it is, zerkers will hurt more but the other mid tank classes kinda suck anyway.

We dont hurts as much ? hehe thats why i hit you for 4xx every hit ? :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Gratz you guys, nicely done.

To the dude who said 10am aint prime time and too early - get a job m8, tell your boss that then join the dole :p

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by stunned
<some bullshit cut out>

Go ahead and take back relics at 4 am during the week. We do it with style and have fun meanwhile....

Could you please explain to our viewers at home when and at what time you acquired the powerrelics from hibernia?

F

Flimgoblin

9am on a weekend? heh lucky if anyone's up....
sure I'm getting up at 7am (my usual drag carcass out of bed to work time) on a weekend to defend my relics :p
After drinking till midnight, 1am or heck 3am :)

10am is a bit more reasonable... but it sucks if you're an hour behind your enemy really.

It's not dead-time, but it's far from prime-time.

As for the keeps thing - yep we made it easier for them...

but they had 150 people there by all accounts -
they didn't even need to take the keeps.

Oh and do remind us when you took the hibernian relics? :) I believe the honourable agreements about relic times have been broken for a long time.

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

Could you please explain to our viewers at home when and at what time you acquired the powerrelics from hibernia?

It started out at 06.00 CET, but I think the last Relic came to Grallar arround 09.00 CET. By the time they started banging on the Relic doors I think the time was arround 07.30 CET.

I agree that the timing was very odd, but there were several reason for doing this. The initial RR-party was like 45 ppl at relic and 12 stealthers camping TK. We could have done it, lets say at 09.00 CET, but any later our small force would not have managed. Awyway I don't think you'll find us using the "alarmclock-tactic" unless Mid again fall into darkness.

One of the objectives were to boost Mid moral, and IMHO I think we managed that. We also wanted to test our small Alliance and find out our capabilities.

The outcome of this RR could have been very different if some more than the brave 3-4FG albs that actually took the time to care for their frontier had shown up on friday. Insead you were busy zerging Emain, thinking somebody else will deal with this. It's quite funny that almost all the albs that DID show up on friday nigth and DID figth during the "early" hours of Saturday, actually think that the ALbs themselves are to blame.

I was on the road to Relic, I saw your numbers so plz stop pretending you had like only 1FG there. Even before the doors at Berkstad and Boldiam whent down there wasn't an ALB in sigth. As the last door went down ALB's came in huge numbers.

I dunno what happend in Albion later that day, but I do know that I logged in at 22.00 CET and STILL only Renaris was in Alb hands.

J

Jayce_DA

What is the problem of time ?

Personally I don't see a problem with taking a keep / relic at an 'odd' time, if the people are online then go for it after all life is 24 hours why not this ??

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Jayce_DA
What is the problem of time ?

Personally I don't see a problem with taking a keep / relic at an 'odd' time, if the people are online then go for it after all life is 24 hours why not this ??

The horse you are beating has been dead for about 9 months now since relic raids really started on excal.

Nighttime raids are frustrating... and when 1 realm starts, the other 2 follow...

And guess which realm has teh biggest zergs.

This relic raid was a borderline case..

However it's fully legitimate, because you announced it by taking most keeps the night before.

J

Jayce_DA

Hang on 1 sec, please clarify this.

We are playing a game where there are 3 realms opposed, as in we are supposed to 'fight' each other and yet we have agreed times to hold relic raids because we are scared the biggest zergs will own everything ?

A

aavarn

Was nice to see that most albs don't agree with the guy who started the post and that only 2 posters total were pissing and whining about losing the relic. I am seriously looking forward to defending against the inevitable Alb raids to come should really spice up the RvR which has been a bit lacklustre of late.

In answer to the person who doesn't see what is wrong about raiding at 3/4am on a weekday:
It is a very antisocial hour - deliberately picked because pretty much the only people online will be the hardcore student/unemployed addicts and the people who have logged on a for a preorganised raid.
The same is not true of 10 am on a weekend, however obviously picking a time that early is done so the server isn't at peak capacity when I think most people would agree it is next to impossible to take a relic if the defending realm is even half organised. I see those morning but not incredibly early times as a fairly decent compromise and fully expect now we might have to start modifying our friday night playing habits such that some of us can be awake on a saturday morning.
Secondly, its a game - its about having fun - playing against no opponents at all is kind of not the point because it isn't fun - where's the challenge, the adrenaline?

At 10am on a saturday it -should- have been possible for the alliances in alb to say - jesus! fuck! huge mid zerg attempting RR (we just lost 2 keeps within seconds of each other and they are already on the first door at Excal) get yer butts to Excal to defend.

I think it was probably a combination of great Midgard planning and execution (we had loads of Rams and really did take the 2 keeps and knock down the first door at Excal VERY quickly) and the fact that it has been so long since a serious relic attempt on Alb that the Albs got a bit complacent?

A

Adralend

Re: Re: Doh Free for all relic raids

Originally posted by Blade10

So, u think there is a similarity between 10 am on a Saturday, and 4am in the week ?

Pathetic bastard.

Good job, now go to school and learn a new word. :)

A

Adralend

Originally posted by aavarn
Was nice to see that most albs don't agree with the guy who started the post and that only 2 posters total were pissing and whining about losing the relic. I am seriously looking forward to defending against the inevitable Alb raids to come should really spice up the RvR which has been a bit lacklustre of late.

In answer to the person who doesn't see what is wrong about raiding at 3/4am on a weekday:
It is a very antisocial hour - deliberately picked because pretty much the only people online will be the hardcore student/unemployed addicts and the people who have logged on a for a preorganised raid.
The same is not true of 10 am on a weekend, however obviously picking a time that early is done so the server isn't at peak capacity when I think most people would agree it is next to impossible to take a relic if the defending realm is even half organised. I see those morning but not incredibly early times as a fairly decent compromise and fully expect now we might have to start modifying our friday night playing habits such that some of us can be awake on a saturday morning.
Secondly, its a game - its about having fun - playing against no opponents at all is kind of not the point because it isn't fun - where's the challenge, the adrenaline?

At 10am on a saturday it -should- have been possible for the alliances in alb to say - jesus! fuck! huge mid zerg attempting RR (we just lost 2 keeps within seconds of each other and they are already on the first door at Excal) get yer butts to Excal to defend.

I think it was probably a combination of great Midgard planning and execution (we had loads of Rams and really did take the 2 keeps and knock down the first door at Excal VERY quickly) and the fact that it has been so long since a serious relic attempt on Alb that the Albs got a bit complacent?

Let's be fair. it's a 24/7 game, why should you not take the relics when you have the forces.

Imo. RvR 24/7 is a great thing, but you know hib failed 2 attemps, because of zonecrash. You really should hand them one :p

S

Sneakyshad

Gratz mid on takin them relics,
I also dont see why we shouldnt take relics at 'odd' hours of the day, if uve got the ppl to do it, it should be fair game.

D

drowin

credit

Well it was a good raid, well organised by the looks. I was making my way to excal to do my bit, got ganked on the road as i was typing / charge - damn those new emotes!!!!

A

aavarn

No one is saying you can't do raids at odd hours - what people are saying is that if you organise a raid for 3-4 am (ie the middle of the night) when any normal person is in bed asleep, then its just a bit lame - its a game and the idea is you play against other people - at 3/4 am you are playing against noone. If you get as deep a feeling of satisfaction from playing against noone as you do against beating a reasonable number of online people then power to you - but why not just play something like Baldur's Gate, it lets you amass all the goodies you want with no real opposition?

At the end of the day do you want people saying - "Yeah, gratz - nicely executed and planned raid, even if it is a touch early" or "Congratulations, lads, you beat an empty server - you must feel very proud of yourselves"?

The alternative - raid at prime time - just isn't going to work - if someone ever does pull it off, infinite kudos to them - so there has to be some kind of compromise. Picking a time when most of europe is awake and able to log on to DAOC if they so wish seems to be pretty realistic. (contrary to the belief of most students, normal people don't laze around in bed all day - even at the weekend!!) ;)

For the people that desire the bonus to melee or spell damage above all else, a raid at 3/4 am would seem to make sense. For the people who see a Relic Raid as more a matter of a realm's pride than a simple bonus to some computer generated stats then a more sociable hour is going to be required to achieve that. Its just another incarnation of the old "l337 r0x0rZ teenage brat-pack seeking validation" against "the old farts who just want to have fun playing a game with all sportsmanship, etc, intact" argument that always rages in any online game.

There is no "right" answer - its about different playing styles and what you are looking to get out of the game.

A

aavarn

Oh and as for collecting cash now to repair our relic doors? :)

We have been collecting for some time now - one of the reasons we didn't launch any serious attempt earlier was precisely because we couldn't afford to keep them both repaired against 2 invading realms previously. (or that's the official line anyway ;) )

B

Blade10

aavarn,

That is the most sense I'vs seen yet, on these boards.

100% agree :clap:

S

Stormm

aavarn, think that just about sums it all up - gj

A

Amadon

Originally posted by hint

Imagine we are Invadeing iraq with the "no raids off peek time" atitude.
Imagine we were invading Iraq without the "no nuclear, chemical or biological weapons" attitude...

E

eynar

No one is saying you can't do raids at odd hours - what people are saying is that if you organise a raid for 3-4 am (ie the middle of the night) when any normal person is in bed asleep, then its just a bit lame - its a game and the idea is you play against other people - at 3/4 am you are playing against noone. If you get as deep a feeling of satisfaction from playing against noone as you do against beating a reasonable number of online people then power to you - but why not just play something like Baldur's Gate, it lets you amass all the goodies you want with no real opposition?

At the end of the day do you want people saying - "Yeah, gratz - nicely executed and planned raid, even if it is a touch early" or "Congratulations, lads, you beat an empty server - you must feel very proud of yourselves"?

The alternative - raid at prime time - just isn't going to work - if someone ever does pull it off, infinite kudos to them - so there has to be some kind of compromise. Picking a time when most of europe is awake and able to log on to DAOC if they so wish seems to be pretty realistic. (contrary to the belief of most students, normal people don't laze around in bed all day - even at the weekend!!) ;)

For the people that desire the bonus to melee or spell damage above all else, a raid at 3/4 am would seem to make sense. For the people who see a Relic Raid as more a matter of a realm's pride than a simple bonus to some computer generated stats then a more sociable hour is going to be required to achieve that. Its just another incarnation of the old "l337 r0x0rZ teenage brat-pack seeking validation" against "the old farts who just want to have fun playing a game with all sportsmanship, etc, intact" argument that always rages in any online game.

There is no "right" answer - its about different playing styles and what you are looking to get out of the game.

Yeah, yeah, whatever....but who's holding the relics now? :clap: :p :p

C

[CT]Clone1

Oh do get a grip!

Doing a raid early in the morning is something called TACTICS!

Personally I think they did a top job even though it wasn't that early in the morning. I think the fact that when everyone started logging on Sat midday and evening and noticing that Albs no longer own ANY relics - THAT is 1000000000000 times better than ganking them in RvR. I can just imagine everyones faces (because mine was the same lol) HUH? They fekkin what? Eeeeeeee the cheeky bastards lol :D

There is no time restrictions on raids etc, and if you wanna defend - get out of bed etc. If you can't / don't want - don't blame this so called "brat pack" shite you were going on about.

We got whupped - plain and simple.

I was told Friday night in Alliance about the keep takes etc, and my reply was... "Feck orf, I'm gettin pished and playing with me Necro / Reaver whilst looking at the pretty water and listening to the pretty music". Main reason I didn't give a shit (other than SI)?....

Albs are SHITE in RvR!

I'm SICK of going to Emain / Odins and trying to get into groups, chat groups with people. Most of them are anal about RvR and wont group with you unless you're in their guild / alliance / tea party then they stand outside the TK for about 30 MINUTES (NO LIE) waiting for someone to run and trying to find 10000 mincers so the 20 yard walk to AMG passes in a blip. THEN, they're running so fekkin fast they fail to see the Mid / Hib group coming over the hill....

Mez.....

Gank.....

/Release......

Rinse......

Repeat......

When Albion learns more about teamwork and strategy - I'll spend more time in RvR.

THE best fight I've EVER had in RvR EVER EVER (dunno if this is gonna go down well or not) was that guys funeral in the bowl in Emain. Hibs, Mids and Albs all stood facing each other kinda taunting each other before the battle starts - more like REAL Camelot warfare lol.

Anyway, boredom has just kicked in. We WILL get the relics back, but only when Albion becomes a NATION, not individuals.

Ta ta

A

aavarn

[CT]Clone1 - You need to read my post (again) and try and understand what I am saying before making a semi-flamey post in reply. I am not now and have never said you can't raid at 3/4 am in the morning I am just saying the victory you achieve is hollow and therefore its a bit lame IMO.

The "brat pack" attitude I was talking about is the "points above all else" (including fun) attitude prevalent amongst many players. (be those points XP, RP or dmg bonusses from holding relics). For more information on this, see here: http://orochi.com/curlp/funnyz/manifesto_d00d.html

I happen to think 10am CET at the weekend is a pretty good time to raid - If I was an Alb now I would be thinking "yeah they did it at 10CET we can do it at 11/12 CET am to prove we are better" - what surprises me is to see so much of the childish - "you raid us at 10AM at the weekend, so we raid you at 3/4 AM during the week" posting going on - I know most of the playerbase here is younger than me but I had assumed before reading this thread that everyone playing was old enough to have learnt to walk at least. That was the point of my previous post.

Two points though:

1)
Get a grip
LOL - its you who needs to get a grip on your addiction if you think people are going to get out of bed for A Game at 4 in the morning when they have work the next day. Maybe you are just too young to have any responsibilities at the moment - I don't know or care really (I might be jealous, mind you!) - but you are just wrong here and need to accept that I am afraid. Anyone who does has severely messed up priorities (or severe insomnia).

2) Tactics is a term you would apply to using in-game strategies to defeat your opponents such as faking a raid in a different realm before really invading the true target realm - or deploying 4 equally sized forces to do fast keep-takes before the raid starts or timing your raid when some in-game event (such as a Relic Raid of their own) is taking enemy players away from defending their frontier. Raiding at 3am isn't tactics - its just playing against no opposition - fine if you get a kick out of it - I, and many others, don't.

J

Jim_Spurious

What is it with you people?

If players in a realm have got the motivation to organise a relic raid at whatever time, then they deserve the relics they get. 9am is hardly an offensive time of day, and even if it is... so what. They took the relics - so take them back.

With Evils in this game such realm-spying, bug exploitation, cheats and hacks, and XP killing greys in the frontier I would have thought that an early morning raid was far from unethical, and that some of you could find much better things to whine about.

I don't want to flame anyone here, not for my first post. But its a game, if someone wants to play it at 9am then there is nothing wrong with that.

Ok so the gloves are off... but this is war people.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by [CT]Clone1
THE best fight I've EVER had in RvR EVER EVER (dunno if this is gonna go down well or not) was that guys funeral in the bowl in Emain. Hibs, Mids and Albs all stood facing each other kinda taunting each other before the battle starts - more like REAL Camelot warfare lol.
That wasn't a fight, it was a disgrace. And obviously it wouldn't go down well.
Afaik no Hibs fought back then anyway. (might be wrong, but most of us didn't, that much I know)

Users who are viewing this thread