Doh Free for all relic raids

R

Relin

Well after the middy little early raid guess its free for all.

C ya at 4am some weekday :p

Well done middy !!!!!!!

A

aavarn

Grow up.

10 am on a Saturday is a perfectly reasonable time - its a respectable hour when most of the world is up and awake. Especially since the foundations were laid prime time on a Saturday night.

3-4 am isn't - most people are sleeping then.

You got a warning last night when we took 3 of your keeps, but as usual Albion wasn't interested in taking its own keeps back. This time you paid for your apathy.

Don't make bitter, whiny, posts about it being an out of hours raid - which it certainly wasn't - it makes you look pathetic.
a) its the weekend
b) it was 10 am - most people are awake then - if not then thats your problem not ours.

I have no doubt however your response will be a decidely out of hours 3-4 am on a weekday raid - it will be an admission of our superiority and your fear of us.

Gratz to both the FoM and AB alliance - a good joint effort.

L

lac_desariel

I was under the impression Middy took it at 9am this morning after defending our Keeps that they took last night... If thats so where did they go wrong?
1st. We should take back our defended keeps
2nd Yes i was in my pit but 9am GMT aint that early

Way i see it we lost em fair and squard, Dont like it one bit.

If im wrong about the times plz tell

B

Blade10

Originally posted by Relin
Well after the middy little early raid guess its free for all.

C ya at 4am some weekday :p

Well done middy !!!!!!!

So, u think there is a similarity between 10 am on a Saturday, and 4am in the week ?

Pathetic bastard.

Well done Mids. Any shit landing on Albion is cool with me ;)

Q

Quinn

Okay so we got raped this morning, lets analyse and put some action in place to rectify what those theiving Midgard scum did.

Firstly I think it was a very well organised raid by Mid, and disgusting attitude from alot of Albs.

Points I think contributed:
Barry's World forums, I know people like to organise massive zergs for dungeons, but I think we advertise to widely. I for one would not take an ad out in a local paper informing everyone that I was out and saying please rob me - which in my opinion is what happens when events are so widely posted.

Last night, we were down to 2 keeps, we (Albion) did not clear our backyard and make it difficult, okay so 2 keeps got taken back, but basically we left the door unlocked for the mids to come in. It was obvious I think to alot of people that relics were under threat and lets be honest it was not a startling new tactic that the mids used coming in early - we've seen them use it before, if anything I think they were later in the day than other raids they've performed.

Events:
3 keeps in enemy hands,
2 keeps get taken almost simultaneously. (Albs therefore have only 2 keeps)
First door goes down really quickly with 4 rams on it
Second door goes down really quickly again with 4 rams on it
Third door goes down - not sure how many rams (Belo may provide info here)
Mids take first relic

Now at this point Albs split between Odin re-capture and Excal, we had neither enough forces on-line for either at the time. Basically we weren't organised enough for either though I see merits in both options.

Mids stay at excal and take down 2nd and 3rd relic, delaying actions along excal road etc.

I think we need to examine what has happened calmly, and respond. Suggest representatives from top guilds or alliances meet in cg at an appointed time for a dedicated responsive action.

I applaud what the mids have done, they saw a window on opportunity, made bigger by introduction of SI, and took it, lets learn from what has happened.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Christ, enough of the insults please. We lost it though our own stupidity. Almost everyone knew that we had lost a shit load of keeps but they did nothing about it (almost everyone). There is no need to hurl childish insults back and forth at eachother...unless of course you are children, in which case, you should be playing with your toys; the adults want to speak.

Anyhoo, don't get too attached to our relics, guys. We will get them back!

...as soon as everyone has dinged 50 and is no longer anally obsessive about XPing. ;)

S

shilak

Originally posted by lac_desariel
I was under the impression Middy took it at 9am this morning after defending our Keeps that they took last night... If thats so where did they go wrong?
1st. We should take back our defended keeps
2nd Yes i was in my pit but 9am GMT aint that early

Way i see it we lost em fair and squard, Dont like it one bit.

If im wrong about the times plz tell
Raid started at 9am GMT (10am CET). As most middies play from CET and all organisation was done using CET it is fair to say it was 10am start ;)
At the time we headed for Excal (approx 10:25am CET) the DAoC Europe stats page showed approx 1500 ppl online. /who in middie revealed 280 ppl, plus the 150-200ppl on the raid who were anon. So approx 1000 alb/hib of which I suspect around 600 were alb.
During the small hours last night there were 2-3fg mids defending our keeps in alb frontier, after finishing off the 3fg albs retaking keeps they tried to take Rens.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Lol, 9 am on a Saturday is hardly prime time complete and utter moron.
About shit landing on us Albions, go play your overpowered hibbie class tosser. With your elite skills...
No respec to Mids. I feel Albion should disregard nobility, and stoop to Mid and Hib lowlife tactics also.
If you can't beat them fair and square, join them at their game.
Regards, Glottis

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by shilak

for Excal (approx 10:25am CET) the DAoC Europe stats page showed approx 1500 ppl online. /who in middie revealed 280 ppl, plus the 150-200ppl on the raid who were anon. So approx 1000 alb/hib of which I suspect around 600 were alb.

Mid-Alb population is similar in numbers, utter idiot.
Regards, Glottis

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
About shit landing on us Albions, go play your overpowered hibbie class tosser. With your elite skills...
No respec to Mids. I feel Albion should disregard nobility, and stoop to Mid and Hib lowlife tactics also.
Regards, Glottis

1500 ppl were online...

E

Edlina

Originally posted by shilak

(approx 10:25am CET) the DAoC Europe stats page showed approx 1500 ppl online.

Ehm, I'm not to butt in to excal buisness, but according to camelot-europe at 9:25am GMT there were no more than 700ppl online on excal. that was last saturday though, might have been double the number of people online at the same time this saturday, sounds rather unlikely though :) besides, mids have 25% guards now, if alb/hib can't use that as an advantage to get relics back fast, I feel sorry for them. <smiles and hurries back to Prydwen>

O

old.FIN

yawn, so what.

was taking keeps back at 5 am, not much peeps online.

woked up because of that about 1pm.

mids took relics, and i think about 1000 albs knew it on friday allrdy, because of keep status, i said it many times that mids will come at morning, or hibs, because if i would be them, i would come because keep situation was what it was.

but not much albs cared about it, so i say

1. loosing relics is albs vault, no matter what time, we would have time to take keeps back at friday, we didnt do that in prime time, we do it at 5 am, and i tell u , not enough peeps there.

and lvl 10 keeps u need at least 5 fgp to take, tried.

2. mids, good plan, though most of peeps saw it trough, but as u could c, no1 did nothing in albs side, so good plan.

3. raid time? so fecking what about the time when it was done. mostly i think this happened because of last time rape at near dadga.

4. and we can do it also, just be up at certain time and have patience, relics will move from keep to another still, its part of the game.

so stop moaning in here, and keep playing, simple as that

H

healer_mcheal

Originally posted by Edlina

Ehm, I'm not to butt in to excal buisness, but according to camelot-europe at 9:25am GMT there were no more than 700ppl online on excal. that was last saturday though, might have been double the number of people online at the same time this saturday, sounds rather unlikely though :) besides, mids have 25% guards now, if alb/hib can't use that as an advantage to get relics back fast, I feel sorry for them. <smiles and hurries back to Prydwen>

i exspect about double that on, since SI is out now, every one will be playin there new classes

and grats mid:)

R

Relin

Re: Re: Doh Free for all relic raids

Originally posted by Blade10

So, u think there is a similarity between 10 am on a Saturday, and 4am in the week ?

Pathetic bastard.

Well done Mids. Any shit landing on Albion is cool with me ;)

personal insults over a game .... guess who won 1st prize in the the race for babyhood.

R

Relin

Now as i c it its fairly str8 forward.

9am or 10am is early simple as that.

Now if albs decide to try take them back at an early or late time then you will have no cause to moan. BTW non prime time raids have been dicussed and flamed to hell and back. Take my word for 9am gmt is not prime time.

As to the actual attack.......It was well done as u did get all 3.

Now to the personal abuse ..jeez chill its a game, my post was not a personal attack if u really feel the need to be abusive im fairly sure you will find an 0906 numbr where they get paid to do that :p

L

living

Just cuz u guys are up to 5.00cet in the morning in alb it dosent have to mean when all the mids are online at 10 cet we have to wait for u to get online :)

10cet is not even in the morning, and GMT has nothing to do with this.. i remember this being EU version. :)

As regards to how many where online last saturday.. SI wasent out then :)

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Regards, Glottis

Calling names will help lol, fact is you could have stopped this relic raid last night by defending your frontier, but oh no keeps falling and mids defending keeps all night.... that can't be a RR underway!!

T

Tobold

i logged on at 9:15 and mids were inside excal.
before that they must have taken keeps go in etc.

too early for most of the world if you ask me

T

Tobold

but nevermind, grats mids

we'll prob do an early morning raid as usual, and in theory theres nothing wrong with it :p

S

stunned

For the poor little zerg sheeps.
Mids took 2 keeps and attacked excalibur within 5 mins. If You stood out of the zerg a few times You would recognize things as skills and planning.

The attack on excalibur started 10 am CET on a saturday. That kind of raid is EASLIY beaten of by defenders unless they are clueless.

Go ahead and take back relics at 4 am during the week. We do it with style and have fun meanwhile....

Most albs can atleas admit we did a good job and You slacked. For You I can only say > cry more n00b ...

U

Urme the Legend

10:00 CET we started to sort out the groups.
We started to take keeps 10:10 CET .. (Only needed 2 keeps thanks to the lazy albs) 11:00 CET the first relic was in Mjollnir.. 11:25 CET the alb/hib relic was in Mjollnir.. so if Tobold logged in 10:15 CET .. we took those 2 keeps in 5min + banging down the relic doors! Wee!

And let's remember last saturday.. Hibs attacking Grallar.. Midgard had around 4fg+ at grallar before the hibs arrived.. and WTF even albs was at grallar at around 10:00-11:00 CET ..

So why couldn't you get defenders to Excalibur?

H

hint

What i don't get is why it is wrong to take a relic at 4am?

All it takes to take a Relic is to get enough people to storm the relic keep + however many you need to take out the defenders. If you can organise enough people to make a raid at 4 am then you deserve to get the relics.

Imagine we are Invadeing iraq with the "no raids off peek time" atitude.

British and US troups line up at the border. one of the oficers steps out and walk over to where the Iraqis are lined up half a mile the other side of the border.

"I say old boy are you ready to fight or do you want some more time to get ready?"

"Well we are a little short on men at the mo."

"Well we'll wait till you can get more then..... No tell you what why don't we send some of our boys back home eh? that'll even the odds up a bit."

"Why thank you that should be fair."

"Now how about the time any time suit you? any time to avoid? perhaps you have a holiday period coming up? would you like us to only invade dureing daylight hours?"

Get real. This is a war.

E

etcetra

This was the first relic raid i have participated on and i dont understand why doing a relic raid when you lot are asleep is so bad?
Really, it just makes a hard thing easier for us :)
And thats just great tactics :)

O

oldgit

quote (So why couldn't you get defenders to Excalibur?)
because a lot of albs dont know where it is they have to ask directions at cs.
What i just typed is crap just thought it is what reply you wanted,
when SI came out a lot of albs are playing about with that ,
they was not interested in rvr tbo,
if SI had not have come out i dont think you would have had it so easy.Us albs have come to the conclusion that mid's new isle's must be crap as you did not look at it for long,
When servers came back on line for SI i was the 39th person to log i was in emain there was already 2fg of mids at amg,
most albs was trying to reg there SI and when they did they started new chars and others kept trying,
even tho i applaud you for getting relics you could not have picked a better time, so its realy no big deal you never owned the albs as they was not there.Now you got your relics maybe you lot will go play with SI and we can take em back thx.

Q

Qte Eth

this time is more then fair
its not 4-5am when all sleep,and also not a dumb prime time raid so u albs just suicide and crush zone with 300 ppl and get repaired doors as u did with us
and yeah ,hope this will teach to take keeps back quick enuff

O

Ocond

Oldgit, that was very true, i was thinking exactly the same. well put ! :clap: :clap:

X

Xandax

Originally posted by oldgit
<snip>
.Us albs have come to the conclusion that mid's new isle's must be crap as you did not look at it for long,
<snip>

Us mids realised that SI would be around for a while, thus we can do other things also besides powerleveling our new chars.

Like enjoying more then one aspect of the game at the time :)

K

Kallio

Well... Imagine this:

Any alliance of mids/hibs trying to take exc at "prime time". When 3-4keeps go down...

...Mids/hibs hear reports of 100albs around excalibur...

Taking a relic at 8.am. is´t honorable or even acceptable now that I think of it again(referering to mid power relic raid in dagda), I guess albion needs(and got one) a kick in the balls to get awake... You lost the relics, now you have to fight for them.

I would say that many albs were around since mids were also. Many of our guild which is relatively small were online at the time, since alb has most of the server population the effect have been same there.

Yes, and those who think "Who the bloody n00b thought of fucking raid when SI is out and he is a bloody fucker... etc... karam can continue here if he wants. I think It was me, at least I gave a push to do the relic raid when Si comes out... Yeah! Blame me! I didn´t plan It, I didn´t carry the relic home, I wasn´t one of the big names in it, but what the heck... I participated it!

Like I said, I didn´t do much for the relic raid, but maybe I gave the spark to the reason why scabbard of excalibur is in mjollnir faste instead of Castle Excalibur.

Kick me if you want to!
<Is a Sadomasochist>

Happy now ;)

E

eynar

Nothing but whines and statements based on "If...blablabla". Well, if my aunt had nuts she would have been my uncle.

Users who are viewing this thread