DogMeat's Server Map Fixes v1.2 Released!

T

[TFO]DogMeat

NOTE: I emailed this out recently, however it was bounced back from the address I had for BW. Please pass this on to your MoHAA server admins so they can update to the latest version. If there is an email address or more appropriate forum please let me know and I'll send future updates there. Also censored a bit for public viewing. - DogMeat

Greetings,

I have updated my MOHAA map fixes, which now cover Destroyed Village, Crossroads, Omaha and The Bridge. (mohdm2 mohdm4 obj_team3 obj_team4)
This brings the version up to v1.2, and this mod is not compatible with my previous fixes nor with the various mods that make use of these fixes. If you don't see the version number 1.2 on the score screen you have an incompatible mod running. Also I have been unable to come up with a fix for the thankfully not-well known "***CENSORED***" bug, EA is going to have to fix that one. There has been some talk of a working AimBot, however there is not one as of this date. The closest there is is a Counter Strike port that will only flash your crosshairs when a certain color skin is in them. It will not auto-shoot or even correct your aim, meaning no constant headshots, and is known to cause crashes while using it. I consider it a minor cheat at best considering it's lack of functionality. Also there are several fake screenshots of AimBots, most notably one from "TeamGOD" that they have admitted has no basis in reality. The only working confirmed hacks are: brightly colored skins (force models or nades), OpenGL Wallhack, ""***CENSORED***", and Player's climbing on each other to get outside the level. On this subject, Bink over at alliedassault.co.uk was setting up a forum for qualified admins to openly discuss MOHAA issues and cheats, I'm not sure what the status is on that but it sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Use the attached file or download directly from my site.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~arlosguitar/dogmeat/zzz_dogmeat_multi_map_fix.zip

Here's the text of the readme:

Multiple Map Fix Pack v1.2
by DogMeat

Installation:
Copy the PK3 file to your MOHAA\main directory.
Also included is zip files containing the individual
map fixes, if you prefer to have only certain maps fixed.

What it Does:
Destroyed Village Map Fix v1.1 (mohdm2)
Adds a destroyed Stuka (plane) that blocks the path to
get under the level.

Omaha Beach Map Fix v1.1 (obj_team3)
Adds a tank that blocks the path to
get under the level. Adjusts minefield
delays to block suicide path under.

Crossroads and The Bridge Map Fix v1.0 (mohdm4 obj_team4)
Adds a destroyed BMW Motorcycle that blocks the
path to a hidden corner. Adjusts minefield
delays to block suicide path under the map.

This is a Server Side Only mod, meaning you only
need to install it if you are Hosting a game. If
you don't understand what Hosting is, you don't
need this mod.

Updates:
v1.0: Original Release

v1.1: Made the Stuka completely invulnerable
to every damage type.
Changed from Barbwire to Tank.
Added Minefield Timing changes.
Text file description change, reduced the
"author tag" to use less lines on
the scoreboard.

v1.2: Minor Changes, MultiMap Fix

DogMeat
Leader and Corrupter of Minds
Clan TFO - Methods, Mods, and Madness

Official TFO News/File Site
tfo.servebeer.com

MoHAA News, Mods and the Best Community Forums
can be found on www.AlliedAssault.com

Usage:

This mod may be used on any server or placed on any web/ftp site as long as my name and website remain on it.

G

g4z0r

Good. I am glad to hear that you have fixed up your maps

O

old.Rico99

Not HIS maps.. this fixes the default maps so you cant go under the maps etc.

P

Pac^

the server dudes at BW will be adding these to the servers on wednesday morning, so tuff luck lamers.

N

natrat

This will be on the pubs/bookables/barries from wednesday morning.

C

-]-|{- Cain

All well and good but the guys at barrys have forgotten 1 thing. This isnt an official mod and has completely fooked up clans that rent from them and play on clanbase. We had a game last night and our opponents are taking it to match conflict cos of that stupid motorbike in the river on Bridge because no other servers run this mod and they knew nothing about it. I can understand it on public servers but for the clans that rent servers are once again pissed on from a great height and given something without an option to disable it.

Rant over

N

natrat

Not one single owner has sent in a support query about this.

C

-]-|{- Cain

i sent one b4 my post yesterday and still not had a reply yet :-| query number 17485 if ya wonna go take a look :d

N

nqr

hey guys we rent a server off you.

i wondered what that tank was doing there!!!!

Darn good ideas though, keep up the good work!

N

natrat

Ah we're behind a couple of days on support due to getting Subs in, sorry.

Basically we made a call whereby we had to decide whether or not to use the map fixes. We decided that the fixes in Dogmeats pack are fixes to actual bugs in the map that were not intended to be there to start with.

If it turns out that more people are against it than are happy with it, we'll remove it, but so far there's only been the complaint here.

C

-]-|{- Cain

no m8 u dont get what i mean, im not talking about removing it from publics etc because its good to have glitches and bugs fixed, what i mean is that clans should have an option to disable it or have the original version of the maps on their list for matches on clanbase etc The only problem we've come across is that stupid motorbike in the corner in the river and this is the fix thats causing all the problems because there is no need for it to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom