Doggy behavior

Right, one of my doggys passed away after christmas of old age.

Now my other doggy ( which is my dog ) has been acting really odd when I take him for walk, he trapes behind me really slowly, if I stop to wait for him he'll just stop and look at me stupid.. but the weirdess thing is when I walk up to him he like cowers.. as if i'm going up to hit him (i've never hit my dog)

I've recently started smoking due to stress and been lately thinking thats something to do with his odd behavior, like if my smell has changed and he doesn't know who I am. Has this kind of thing happend to any of you and your pets? And does anyone know I can cheer the poor lil bugger up?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Man thats so sad. I imagine it could be the ciggies, I have always smoked so my dogs think thats what I smell like(bad).

Can you not buy another dog for company for him?

That would be "the" answer, but i'll be moving out in 2more years and I can't expect my parents to look after the new pup ( even tho the excersise wouldn't hurt them! ) So can't really. All my mates with dogs live miles away so can't introduce a new buddy for him :(

Kinda stuck what to do, don't want him being like this.

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
It may be the loneliness or most likely the ciggies masking your scent making you unreconisble.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When one of my cats died last year, her sister was pretty lonely. She'd cling to my heels, she was always looking out the back window as if to see her sister.

That summer I worked away lots as well, which made things worse as she would literally not leave me alone when I was back at the weekends.

As soon as I finished the big job I was doing, I got another ickle kitten for company. Took a few days, but now they're best pals and chase each other around the house. I see them exploring the neighbourhood, always together.

So you know what my advice is.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Buy two cats, kill one, then get a kitten to replace it when the other one becomes distant, lonely and depressed? But what does that have to do with dogs??

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Kill the dog and end the sadness.

Then buy two new ones !

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Or.
Give up smoking. Make your dog happy. And live 20 years longer yourself.And stop smelling like an ashtray.

Winwin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom