Does your game try to connect you to 1.60 ?? solution inside!

M

minstrel_kyra

Well first I thought, hmm GOA REALLLLY wants me to get that super cool new minstrel spell in 1.60... that is till I realized I can't connect to US servers. DOH!! Great job in missing that little bug eh?

ANYWAY.......

here is how to fix it so you don't have to reinstall SI over and over:

open up notepad
Copy your login.dat and update.dat file
paste inside this new instance of notepad and save it in a non-si directory (so the game doesn't try to read it, but put it where you will remember it.)

the update.dat file will just have 3 lines and will look like this:
Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

if you see like 10 or so lines (maybe its more, i didn't count) that is the US update trying to get you to 1.60 and you need to replace it with the above.

Anyway, just copying and pasting will save you the time you would have wasted on reinstalling SI over and over.

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by minstrel_kyra
Well first I thought, hmm GOA REALLLLY wants me to get that super cool new minstrel spell in 1.60... that is till I realized I can't connect to US servers. DOH!! Great job in missing that little bug eh?

ANYWAY.......

here is how to fix it so you don't have to reinstall SI over and over:

open up notepad
Copy your login.dat and update.dat file
paste inside this new instance of notepad and save it in a non-si directory (so the game doesn't try to read it, but put it where you will remember it.)

the update.dat file will just have 3 lines and will look like this:
Mythic Patch

if you see like 10 or so lines (maybe its more, i didn't count) that is the US update trying to get you to 1.60 and you need to replace it with the above.

Anyway, just copying and pasting will save you the time you would have wasted on reinstalling SI over and over.

I found this out after reinstalling the game 10,000000000 times,I also had problems a few patches ago when you needed to download the buttons2 file:(.

Users who are viewing this thread