Does this look a little suspicious

S

Saturnine

Metal Fatigue

Different game, fairly old now.

3 sides, one of which is honorable and "normal", one is overly assertive and has tough weapons and one "worships" alien technology....
...the alien-likers even have hover tanks and energy weapons...

...very interesting..

E

Elhana

The 3 sides are not a new setup. In fact I can name two games straight away that have used it before.

Jumpgate - MMO RPG / Spacy shoot-em-up.

One side "normal" / traders.
One aggressive with the bigger harder guns.
One group of religious nutcases fast and agile.

Next Earth and Beyond - MMO RPG / Spacy shoot-em-up.

One side traders,
One side tough guys with big guns,
One side only slightly religious nuts who are fast and can explore.

They use the 3 sides format all too much and they often turn out the same way. Whats worse is the "high tech" side never really seem to be that high tech as accross almost all games they end up being overwhelmed or just plain beaten by lower tech races and weapons.

As far as PS goes I think they outhgt to soup up the Vanu only weapons and give them some drawback to make them different but not overpowering.

C

.Cask

Dune has 3 sides!

Harkonnens who blew everything up with that special tank.

Atriedes tree huggers with the sonic tank - how environmentally friendly is that!

Ordos who were green colour and I can't remember anything else about them.

Anyway, I can't get to the point because I don't have one.

Dunno how you could VS without overpowering them, though. I'm not even sure they need improving - I did ok with common pool weapons when I used to be able to play.

Maybe give the MAX's a really slow repair armour over time feature to offset their weapons sucking. Although they're not that much worse than that shotgun NC MAX really :/

I conclusion: I dunno tbh.

S

Saturnine

hehe very true :)

i think metal fatigue is just a bit -too- similar to ps though Elhana, I mean... look at the neuropa tanks for pete's sake: they <ARE> magriders :p

V

Validus

erm... i played metal fatigue a lot. its an ace RTS game with too many bugs, and the creator wont do patches. top end graphics for the year. first thing i thought of when i saw the PS site was metal fatigue. download this NICE demo that made me buy the game here http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/demos/demo/1098.html

S

Saturnine

I have the full game but it doesn't seem to work in XP :(

V

Validus

ah poo. many of the old good games dont work on xp.
thx microsoft.

P

[PS]Nova

As a side note, I can't get ss2 to work (and have xp) would that be why?

Can't try reinstalling as have lost the CD tho, so no idea whether simply a corrupted install.

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by .Cask

Ordos who were green colour and I can't remember anything else about them.

They also had the Deviator Tank which could turn any enemy into ordos for a bit. Including the Harkonnen tank which they could then self distruct. In the middle of their base.

My issues with the VN center on their MAX units (primarily because thats my 3 main certs). Having played the NS and TR equivalents on other servers, ive come to the conclusion that the VN Max's are just undergunned in certain situations. The projectile velocity on the AV is too slow and the accuracy and damage on the AI is poor as well. We do excel in open field situation with our magnificent jump jets. THe flipside of this is that we face problems indoors, where our special ability is largely nullified.

Its not a complete game breaker though.. Its still loads of fun. I've no idea how the tank, Light tank, infantry weapon balance pans out, but Ill tell you one thing. I hate those damned lockon missiles.. they truly suck

S

Saturnine

Magrider is faster and more manoverable than the other tanks.
It's also the 2nd most destruvtive per-shot (but with a tiny, tiny area-of-effect compaired with the other two). It's also, unfortunatilly, got the weakest armour (by quite a bit).

S

SilverHood

hehe, killed 2 vangaurds while in a Mag the other day

they just couldn't hit us, but I could hit them, ooooh yes :)

Users who are viewing this thread