Does my computerspec make any diffrence when you select betatesters?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Does my computerspec make any diffrence when you select betatesters?

I'm in the process of buying new hardware, should I hurry buying the new stuff or doesn't it matter what I got now?

//Ogge

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Does your computer spec make any difference?

Yes. If it's not strong enough to run WAR then we won't invite you. We aren't picking only people with the best machines though, we want a wide variety of different setups to be playing so we can see if there are problems with lower powered computers and so forth.

There are no official system specs yet but for this stage of the beta if your computer can run the Labyrinth client for DAoC without problems then you can run WAR.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Yes. If it's not strong enough to run WAR then we won't invite you.
Just a small note there.

The DxDiag uploader seem to misinterpret Core2Duo processors as "Intel" alone - has to be changed manually after an upload.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Same for AMD duel core CPU's.
Either way I don't think it affects the beta application that much - they could easily check the rest of the stuff in your dxdiag and draw their own conclusions. Just hoping they aren't overzealous about changing the specs on-site. (if they were, they could easily just not allow it. :p)

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
Either way I don't think it affects the beta application that much - they could easily check the rest of the stuff in your dxdiag and draw their own conclusions. Just hoping they aren't overzealous about changing the specs on-site. (if they were, they could easily just not allow it. :p)
Wouldn't that mean GOA/Mythic doesn't care if they have testers in beta with Dual core CPU's? I thought that WAR would take advantage of the Dual Core tech, and not having that show in the application makes no sense to me:confused:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think it's more "can your computer run this? yes/no" - a random selection will get plenty of dual core PCs... no need to weight it in their favour.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
No, no, no Flimy dude...

Weight it so anyone with a core 2 duo gets preferential treatment...
Especially if they're me ;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
No, no, no Flimy dude...

Weight it so anyone with a core 2 duo gets preferential treatment...
Especially if they're me ;)

Film,

Listen to the man, he is talking alot of sense (Oh I have a dual as well as it happens).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nah, less dual cores in beta imo ;)

(coz I'm jealous I don't have one :p)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Would WAR make use of both cores or what?

Pretty hard to write larger programs for dualcore im told :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom