Does AoE DoT need a nerf to tone it down in the BG?

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I think it does. I've played countless casters in the BG in hib/exc and alb/pry and get repeatedly killed by it.

My brother levelled a matter caba and I played him the other day, named Stiffler. Lvl 24 AoE DoT = overpowered imho, farmed about 50 rp's in an hour from Hibs the other day when we were attacking the CK (they keps beating us back but it was the fights at the river that brought the rp's).

Thus as a victim and a user of this nasty spell I think that it should be toned down in all three realms... maybe the lvl 17 one changed to lvl 15, and the lvl 24 one changed to 21? That way it would do slightly less dmg.

OFC, noone who matters will read this thread (i.e. Devs) but I thought that this should be brought up nontheless)

O

opoc

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
I think it does. I've played countless casters in the BG in hib/exc and alb/pry and get repeatedly killed by it.

My brother levelled a matter caba and I played him the other day, named Stiffler. Lvl 24 AoE DoT = overpowered imho, farmed about 50 rp's in an hour from Hibs the other day when we were attacking the CK (they keps beating us back but it was the fights at the river that brought the rp's).

Thus as a victim and a user of this nasty spell I think that it should be toned down in all three realms... maybe the lvl 17 one changed to lvl 15, and the lvl 24 one changed to 21? That way it would do slightly less dmg.

OFC, noone who matters will read this thread (i.e. Devs) but I thought that this should be brought up nontheless)

Yeah in BG the aoe dots are really nasty, even if its just the lvl 17~ one....

Its nasty in real rvr too but not as bad thankfully.

D

Damon_D

the prob is not the spell but the lack of seer's..atleast thats how it is for mid.. Think what kind of havoc it would wreck in real RvR if you could not get a cure or a heal....

U

uberweebeastie

Yes.... i was grped with a Cave Shammy on Excal with my healer.... i aoe stunned and he spammed aoe dot... 15secs Later my RP's When up like 15... when Alb was attacking CK.... this went on for like 1hr... then albs took both doors down... we was in lord room doing the same... this held albs off for 20mins but the numbers just kept coming and coming and we lost.... at the end i was on 300rp's, baring in mind i came with about 50... and he was on 650RP's

D

Danya

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
the prob is not the spell but the lack of seer's..atleast thats how it is for mid.. Think what kind of havoc it would wreck in real RvR if you could not get a cure or a heal....
Yeah that 70/tick dot for a total 420 damage would really cut a 2400 hp tank to the bone! :p

U

uglymug

Originally posted by Danyan
Yeah that 70/tick dot for a total 420 damage would really cut a 2400 hp tank to the bone! :p
maybe not ... but a 200+/tick dot would hurt a lil more

which is what every self respecting caveshammy should do 1 in every 10 times orso ... with WA2 or better

D

Danya

If you're hitting for 70/tick normally, you're going to get 140/tick with a full crit, not 200/tick. Even 200/tick is only 1200 hp, half the tank's hp (and that's not even considering IP).

B

Big-G-

yea mah cave shammy had great fun capping thid in a saturday evening/sunday day (pre-aber)
got 11 deathspams on one ae dot, harldy any rps tho lol most were recently rezd near ck when hibs were assaulting it
the deathspam was something to treasure tho ;p

70/tick at lvl 50 u mean? i was doin 60 in bgs per tick
lol u serious its only +10 increase from 23rd lvl ae dot to 46th?
sounds sucky

T

thegreatest

Aoe dot on casters = dead caster 90% of the times (if there is no one near to cure). Sure it wont kill tanks but the casters are more a pain in the ass anyway with keep takes/defence...

C

corentmm

AE dots aren't as bad in real RvR cos healers are generally more plentiful, and also more on the ball...One nice idea would be to make the health bar in the grp panel change green or something if the person is dotted - would make curing a little easier.

Sadon however, deserves all the dots you can throw at him :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by Big-G-
yea mah cave shammy had great fun capping thid in a saturday evening/sunday day (pre-aber)
got 11 deathspams on one ae dot, harldy any rps tho lol most were recently rezd near ck when hibs were assaulting it
the deathspam was something to treasure tho ;p

70/tick at lvl 50 u mean? i was doin 60 in bgs per tick
lol u serious its only +10 increase from 23rd lvl ae dot to 46th?
sounds sucky
You have a lot more resists to deal with in real RvR. Sure against a weak target you can hit for 150/tick, but against a lot of targets it's below 100/tick. 70/tick isn't even the lowest. :p

O

opoc

Originally posted by Danyan

We are not all buffed tanks though :p

And even buffed my heroine can't have that :/

F

fl3a

70 per tick is exactly what i am facing every time when i cast aedot.

Danyan said it exactly right - people dont have resists capped + resist buffs in BG, but they do have them in real big boy RvR.

S

Subbiz

Originally posted by uglymug
maybe not ... but a 200+/tick dot would hurt a lil more

which is what every self respecting caveshammy should do 1 in every 10 times orso ... with WA2 or better

sure on a target with 0% matter resist and good crit ;>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom