Does anyone have a flamethrower?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So this little beastie was rampaging around above my bed! Caught him and he was well aggressive, he then proceeded to play dead in the tub he was in until i turned the light off and then he went into full on maniac mode, scared the crap out of me.

What kind of spider is it, does anyone know I've never seen one like it before, can't even match him up with images on spider websites I've looked on.
DSC_0270.JPG DSC_0271.JPG
I must know the name of my nemesis!!!!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
He looks dead scrawny in those photos because he's curled up the devious bastard. He doesnt want the world to realise how truly evil he is :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
ARGH!

Daughter getting freaked out that I still had the spider in the kitchen (cause I wanted to know what type of spider it was), so I finally said "ok ill throw it out". took it out front in pot with piece of paper over the top so it couldnt escape.

Went to the hedge and removed the paper and quick flick of the wrist to eject the evil creature from the pot under the hedge. Checked pot, spider gone, job done.

Walked back into the hallway with my little tub in my hand and as I come into the light with the tub swinging I notice a small black blob swinging about 2 ft below the pot and because at that point my arm was moving forward as I stopped in panic the momentum meant it continued to swing round in a swat team rappelling into action kind of way and swung straight round onto my bare arm and which point it disengaged like a pro and started to run up my arm!!!!

The fact that I screamed like a six year old girl probably didn't help my arachnophobic daughters nerves. it was either that or the sight of me running past the living room swinging my arm round like a lunatic that has now made her retreat to her bedroom and she won't come down until the spiders gone

I HATE THIS SPIDER!

I've just had to have a five minute calm down and then catch the little bastard again, my nerves are shredded.......

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ARGH!

Daughter getting freaked out that I still had the spider in the kitchen (cause I wanted to know what type of spider it was), so I finally said "ok ill throw it out". took it out front in pot with piece of paper over the top so it couldnt escape.

Went to the hedge and removed the paper and quick flick of the wrist to eject the evil creature from the pot under the hedge. Checked pot, spider gone, job done.

Walked back into the hallway with my little tub in my hand and as I come into the light with the tub swinging I notice a small black blob swinging about 2 ft below the pot and because at that point my arm was moving forward as I stopped in panic the momentum meant it continued to swing round in a swat team rappelling into action kind of way and swung straight round onto my bare arm and which point it disengaged like a pro and started to run up my arm!!!!

The fact that I screamed like a six year old girl probably didn't help my arachnophobic daughters nerves. it was either that or the sight of me running past the living room swinging my arm round like a lunatic that has now made her retreat to her bedroom and she won't come down until the spiders gone

I HATE THIS SPIDER!

I've just had to have a five minute calm down and then catch the little bastard again, my nerves are shredded.......
Roflmao. Big girl pants

Lighter and deodorant does any spider

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It seems to a very aggressive and persistent individual by the sound of it. Obviously one of those deadly black widow types that hitched a ride on a banana shipment from South America.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It's known as the Cartesian Grey Shadow, and is wanted in all four star systems.

It feeds on the darkness underneath hedges, where in time (roughy 2-3 hours) it will grow several hundred times the size of the bush it was placed under before drinking its own body weight in Emperor Rum and then exacting revenge on the last creature to have offended it.

Run. Run now.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Another bloody immigrant with spider aids, report.it to your local UKIP extermination camp

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its a garden spider*

*colour may vary.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
More specifically

Tharpyna campestrata

Edit, seems they are Australian.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Nah, it's not a garden spider. It's one of these

pink-elephant-733153.jpg

Nate

FH is my second home
I feel sorry for your daughter Shagrat, you're such a big girls blouse.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
This is Freddyshouse not Faggothouse. It's a spider... man. Everyone knows that unless you're in Australia it's no big deal!

Are you in Australia?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Hey I don't normally mind spiders, this one was just odd, it looked odd and it behaved odd.

It did that whole two front legs reared upp "rargh look how big and scary i am" thing that I've never seen other house spiders do.

After a long and titanic battle it's been evicted from the house and is now hatching its plans for world domination from in the hedgein the front garden.

I bet when I go t o go out later itsslashed all the cars tyres to stop us escaping

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Are you in Australia?

never read up on Aussie spiders. I was reading a site the other day, where I thought "oh, it's cool, none of these spiders will kill you and most are actually non-aggressive".

THEN I read the descriptions of the effects of the related spiderbites on humans, and/or the spider's natural prey animals. That was bad. Very very bad. For example: Black Widow bite related deaths in the 20th century were usually:

"deaths during the early part of the 20th century may have been due to bites that occurred in men in outhouses bitten on dangling genitalia where thin skin and heavy vasculisation allowed for quick introduction of venom"

Nononononononononono :eek:

Nate

FH is my second home
to the chop shop teedles!]

Last edited:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
never read up on Aussie spiders. I was reading a site the other day, where I thought "oh, it's cool, none of these spiders will kill you and most are actually non-aggressive".

THEN I read the descriptions of the effects of the related spiderbites on humans, and/or the spider's natural prey animals. That was bad. Very very bad. For example: Black Widow bite related deaths in the 20th century were usually:

"deaths during the early part of the 20th century may have been due to bites that occurred in men in outhouses bitten on dangling genitalia where thin skin and heavy vasculisation allowed for quick introduction of venom"

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

Over there these things get into houses and into places like wardrobes, shoes etc.

Granted it's not like that everywhere I think but it can happen.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Over there these things get into houses and into places like wardrobes, shoes etc.

Granted it's not like that everywhere I think but it can happen.

I grew up in Indonesia. We didn't really take a lot of anti-beastie measures. I mean, I swam in the friggin storm drains lol. After 30 years of Europe I would probably die if I even looked at an Indonesian storm drain, not to mention catching all manner of ailments 0o

oh, also...why hasn't anyone helpfully posted this image yet?

VGQbO.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom