DODGY sounds since patch!

Titan Moist

Fledgling Freddie
guys i hope im not the only one with this problem, when the servers were down i downloaded the new patch

problem is

i cant hearsounds when my weapon strikes a mob im fighting, i hear the getting the weapon out but no other sounds, i also cant hear blocks or parries.

spells sound odd too, they sound like they've been thru somme kind of synthesiser because they sometimes sound speeded up or slowed down, very unusual

is anybody else experiancing this? all other games work fine, their sound is ok, its just daoc since i re-patched

cant hear horses when they gallop either :( :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You could try deleting your 'sounds' folder from your game install directory. You'll then repatch it. Be warned it's about a 250MB patch to replace it though.

Titan Moist

Fledgling Freddie
will try that Req thank you kindly.

my only worry when i play the sounds from the sound folder in my media player they sound fine, not all of them are messed up, mainly spells and buffs ad heals sounds all slow and stretched out and distorted, when i play them in the file they are ok, think this will still fix my prob? :fluffle:

Influenza

Part of the furniture
There are certain places where i dont get any sound at all , its weird. I get no sound on the ramp coming down from gothwaite harbour and i get no sound when passing snowdonia station.
On a different note i wish i didnt get any sound when my inconnu cabby takes damage , whoever made them sounds needs shooting tbh , they are horrendous :(

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Titan Moist said:
will try that Req thank you kindly.

my only worry when i play the sounds from the sound folder in my media player they sound fine, not all of them are messed up, mainly spells and buffs ad heals sounds all slow and stretched out and distorted, when i play them in the file they are ok, think this will still fix my prob? :fluffle:

Same crappy sounds here m8 .. Im gonna wait it out.

Titan Moist

Fledgling Freddie
Phew!

omg phew! i was worried my game was cocking up, i downloaded more recent sound drivers to no avail, i feel better knowing in not the only one :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom