DoD: Server Verification Error.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Being a lowley 56k user, Ive always put off downloading the DoD updates since Steam started. The other day, a friend sent me a CD with his uptodate DoD install from steam, everything from the email address onwards. Its all working fine, Ive cahnged my name and options (keys, video, sounds etc) then tried to join a server, and I get a Server Verification Error.

Anyone any ideas? Im guessing its due to DoD somehow having my mates Steam ID in there, but how do I change it (if its possible)

Cheers,

Wil.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Well dont all rush at once :(

Ive sussed it anyway, thanks.

I deleted the error folders from both the CS and DoD directories, logged out of Steam, logged back in and PRESTO. DoD is mine again (and suprisingly playable on 56k :))

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Go play CoD a LOT Better IMO and thats where Throddy & Co have gone and I dont think they see DoD no more :)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Darthshearer said:
Go play CoD a LOT Better IMO and thats where Throddy & Co have gone and I dont think they see DoD no more :)

56k friendly? I dont think so :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oh bugger it is 56k friendly m8 give it a try. And you get better frame rates AND a prettier game to boot.
AND - there's only one patch, and its like 5mb or something, even 56k can manage that :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
.Wilier. said:
56k friendly? I dont think so :(

I'd also like to recommend BF - that is very 56k friendly (as I used to play with a 56k connection until fairly recently). Plus MP action is a lot more varied than the infantry based CoD, CS or DoD :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bah beat me to it :)
On the CoD subject, I do see people playing it on 56k, and certainly Scooby did for a while too , and it was pretty ok I understand.
I would agree obviously though that BF1942 is far more varied than CoD, but CoD is far prettier imo.

Zaq

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaaah, phuwe...Steam keeps on:
1. Crashing my PC
2. Messing up my other HL mods
and 3. forcing me to re-install every other HL mod that I had before.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
OK, so basically, due to Badger pressure, Ive got meself CoD. (blimey, its good isnt it?)

Got the patch, just need to try the on-line.

:)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It is class m8 :) In a spray-a-thon kind of way, of course :) However ,spray is realistic, so no-one should complain too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom