Documentary Photography: Online Gamers

Adaptive1234

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

This message is for those of you living in the UK, in or around Suffolk, Norfolk or Essex.

I'm a photography student based in Ipswich and in the new year I wish to do a documentary project, recording a number of players in their gaming environment, be it your lounge, bedroom, hole under the stairs, basement, attic, where ever!

The reason I wish to do this is that I am a fellow gamer (MMORPG's for over 4 years, plenty of other on and offline games), and I am interested in seeing and showing the world a variety of images relating to the gaming community within their own environments. I know plenty of you will be like me, with a giant desk cluttered with gaming bits and bobs and your PC... but I know there are plenty of variations on this theme, and some completely different set ups entirely.

The worry was that when computer gaming really took off we would end up isolated in our own little worlds, not interacting with the world around us. Now it's proven to be totally the opposite, with many of us creating new friendships and relationships in both realities and we are generally the better for it.

I would be looking to shoot the images between feb and may of 2007. I would visit you, chat with you and take a couple of images to showcase you within your environment. With this particular subject it's going to be likely that I shoot a lot of images from the side or from behind, rather then a front facial shots. I would like to have interest from people from all walks of life. If you would be interested in helping me with the project please drop me a message here, containing your email address, and I'll get back to you.

Kind regards

Matt Staples (Also known as Adaptive on some servers of DAOC, EQ2 and WOW)
www.adaptives-asylum.net

Adaptive1234

Fledgling Freddie
I just checked out some advanced train and coach bookings and can travel quite far for very little as long as I pre-book :)

So this edit to the post: I will consider people from all over the country, drop me a mail if interested.

Adaptive1234

Fledgling Freddie
Any more for any more? I have voulanteers from Southampton, Oxford and surrounding areas and London, all of whom I'm likely to shoot pics of.. could do with a few more though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom