doctor who

Ormorof

FH is my second home
wow it just gets better and better! bring on more!! :D

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno, the last few episodes have been a bit crap imo.

After watching the first season again im starting to think CE was a better doctor then DT, the character had more seriousness and more depth there were episodes in S1 where the doctor got into situations where he was going to die, he didnt know the way out.

Nothing will beat "Bad Wolf" for me, the best script ever "Rose ... im comming to get you" then materialising the tardis on top of her with such a vengefully expression really fired my emotions, then the doctor sending Rose home in their darkest hour to keep her safe, then rose returning with the gut wrenching "I wast you safe .... my doctor...."

However ... next week ....
Cybermen and the death of Rose

Tennant is a good actor, but i'd love to see him get into more situations like the first season where he doesnt know the answer, where he may die, where he has to make a choice.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Still done a good job with it I think. Billie Piper has been a lot better than I thought she would be and 2 good choices for the Doctor.

Preview for next week looks good as well, end of series shocker inc.......

Tennant is a good actor, but i'd love to see him get into more situations like the first season where he doesnt know the answer, where he may die, where he has to make a choice.

I think we're likely to see that in the next couple of episodes.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:

I think we're likely to see that in the next couple of episodes.

Yup, shame theres only two episodes left now - then we have to wait for the xmas special

Billie has really excelled in S1 and S2 shame she is leaving.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
can you get S1 and the xmas invasion on DVD all together or do you have to buy it all seperate? cos i started to watch it stopped after bout 5 eps cos i missed a few then started watchin again this series

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jai13 said:
can you get S1 and the xmas invasion on DVD all together or do you have to buy it all seperate?

the S1 box set is just that, all of S1 nothing with David Tennant in it (except the last few seconds of Bad Wolf) but after watching that I have to admit the story and characters were MUCH stronger in the first season.

I really hope Russel T Davies pulls out a stonker of a story for the final of S2, and the doctor does get into a no-win situation.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Shagrat said:
isn't it on a bit late for you, or does it clash with Noddy on CBBC?

Noddy was a class show, till they hit it with the P.C nerfstick

He nolonger shares a bed with Big Ears, who himself has undergone a name change :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its very watchable but i cant say i like it that much, never have really been much of a Dr Who fan tbh.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
its very watchable but i cant say i like it that much, never have really been much of a Dr Who fan tbh.

I never was

I started watching it when the ww2 thing with ewul gasmask clones, got hooked since then :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Thadius said:
I never was

I started watching it when the ww2 thing with ewul gasmask clones, got hooked since then :D

hahaha that episode scared the crap out of my little girl (she's 7). She wouldnt answer the phone for about 2 weeks and her brother Sam, who's 5, kept following her around the house going "mommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy"

I couldnt help laughing. She still won't miss an episode though, it's great. Just like I used to be when I was young, Saturday evening, me and the kids pile onto the sofa and watch.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Shagrat said:
hahaha that episode scared the crap out of my little girl (she's 7). She wouldnt answer the phone for about 2 weeks and her brother Sam, who's 5, kept following her around the house going "mommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy"

I couldnt help laughing. She still won't miss an episode though, it's great. Just like I used to be when I was young, Saturday evening, me and the kids pile onto the sofa and watch.

Scared crap out of me!

Even Victor Meldrew got made into a clone :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh I remember the Empty Child, and playing this sound file down the office phone to a collegue on the support desk :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hmm. watched it earlier waiting for the argy mexico match to start. didnt know wtf was going on. the only thing keeping me there was billy pipers sexy tits.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bah arseholes i missed it last night, 1st time ever (sodding bf forgot to wake me up!!!!11) last weeks one was pretty shit tbh it started off really well then went rapidly down hill and in to a shitty creek when peter kay "revealed" himself as the alien, they could have done sooo much more with that but it just felt really rushed.

any hoo i think its repeated tonight so hopefully i'll see it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i liked it, was abit rushed but nice and weird :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aye managed to catch zee rerun (most of it, sodding digi box kept crapping out lol) liked that episode better than last weeks.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Remember this ?

BALLY%20-%20DOCTOR%20WHO%201992.jpg

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
sorry all but Dr Who is crap...

i used to love the old ones.. but the modern one is not a patch on the old (yea might have better effects etc.. but IMO it sux compared to old one.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
[HB]Jpeg said:
sorry all but Dr Who is crap...

i used to love the old ones.. but the modern one is not a patch on the old (yea might have better effects etc.. but IMO it sux compared to old one.

I'm currently watching the Tom Baker and Silvester McCoy episode, but I have to say nothing I've seen beats the "Bad Wolf" episode from S1 of the new stuff, best one in all of DrWho.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
I'm currently watching the Tom Baker and Silvester McCoy episode, but I have to say nothing I've seen beats the "Bad Wolf" episode from S1 of the new stuff, best one in all of DrWho.

Which one was Bad Wolf?

I liked that lonely child one, purely for the fact it scared me shitless

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Which one was Bad Wolf?

I liked that lonely child one, purely for the fact it scared me shitless

Bad Wolf was the last episode of S1

The best parts for me :-

The doctor rescuing rose from the middle of the Darlek fleet by materializing the tardis on top of her, look at his expression and body language here - AMAZING acting.

The way the doctor realises rose will die if she stays with him, so tricks her into the tardis and sends her home - again AMAZING acting

When Rose is bitching about eating chips while the doctor is fighting to save humanity and is determined to get back.

When those tardis doors burst open do a panic struck Doctor "Rose.... what have you done !" and she just wants him safe... her doctor

Overall a top notch script by Russel T. Davies topped off with some outstanding acting from Chris and Billie, a perfect end to the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom