DOA4 Anyone got it?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Am thinking about getting it tomorrow.. was going to get it today but i haven't played a fighting game for along time and it probably doesn't have much gametime on it.

Although the online feature grabs me.

So anyone got it? thoughts?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Looks amazing, its the same basic game as all the doa's before it, but thats to be expected.

Not had time to do the online thing yet, although it is the reason I got it. DOA against the computer gets boring very quickly.

Has to be said it's already my favourite 360 title yet, and I have only played it for an hour or so.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh well... they can always update the game over LIVE! and sort out problems now though.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Too much breast focus. Not enough focus on gameplay. Been DOA's problem since #2.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Got it about 3-4 weeks ago on import, got it with my 360. It's a decent game, you can find fun lag free games online quite easily and there's a decent amount of modes/ranking to keep you occupied, although It seemed when someone outside of the UK/somewhere laggy joined a game hosted by someone in the uk it was laggy for all and the host can't kick players I don't think, so best to join/make small games.

I prefer PDZ online though since I get my ass kicked on doa :<

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got it yesterday not really keen on it so far combat feels sluggish.

Maybe i'm just past it with fighting games haven't played one in about 5-6 years.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Too much breast focus. Not enough focus on gameplay. Been DOA's problem since #2.

Seen Rumble Roses XX trailer yet :eek7:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Its not even worth going online its piss poor.

Horrible just fucking horrible, spent 10mins just trying to get into a game! then on one or 2 occasions the fucking game crashed, its been like this all weekend there isn't even a game browser! you just hit refresh and hope for the best.

I just really hate this game taking it back tomorrow and getting my £45 back.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
you paid £45 for a game! where are you shopping? start getting 360 games online till they come down in price in the high street.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
How much do you pay PLightstar? Apart from there currently just being PGR3 that I would want on the 360, the prices also put me off.

At least Aada is able to take the game back as it was probably bought from Game where they allow returns if you dont like it.

(Not that I ever buy from shops!)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Usually shop in Amazon and Play where I pay £39.99, also I got GUN and Amped 3 off ebay only paid around £30 incl Postage.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aada said:
Its not even worth going online its piss poor.

Horrible just fucking horrible, spent 10mins just trying to get into a game! then on one or 2 occasions the fucking game crashed, its been like this all weekend there isn't even a game browser! you just hit refresh and hope for the best.

I just really hate this game taking it back tomorrow and getting my £45 back.

Whereas the only problem I had online was being unable to connect to m00's game. Been fine for me, you've just been unlucky.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm just waiting for Oblivion and Ghost Recon now possibly BF2 aswell.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
It's great

netcode is a bit dodgy at times

you can only really play net fights if u have a ping to the lobby of under 80 or so otherwise you simply lag every few frames.

edit: also me and ch3t couldn't connect to each other's games at all.

Graphics are of course awesome, gameplay is good, if a bit easy once you get the hang of it. For example I've not played a fighting game for like 5+ years and it took me ages to get past the first 4 stages on a character's storymode but after that i quickly completed that chars story and then proceded to complete every char in the game's story in under 3 hours.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Got it last night, played through with Hayate (fav Char) took a few attempts but made it through. The AI is a lot more aggresive in DOA4 you really need to work on your defense, unlike in previous DOA's where you were the aggresive one and pelted the AI to death, haven't played Online yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom