Do YOU want to know your CASTING SPEED? :)

X

Xeanor

Well then here's what you need!

>>>> Casting Speed Calc <<<<

How to use?

-> Put in your Dex at the top (orange cell), when you're fully buffed, with items, etc. (just don't add Aug Dex)
-> Put in the cast time of the spell (as it shows on the Herald or delve (shift+i)) you want to calculate in the other orange cell.

The result:

1st Table -> Your casting speed, sorted by casting speed.
2nd Table -> Your casting speed, sorted by level of MotArt.
3rd Table -> Your casting speed, sorted by level of Aug Dex.
4th Table -> Your casting speed, sorted by the cost of the RAs.

Now just choose which RAs would be best for you to get as fast casting speed as possible, at the lowest cost. :)

Tips:

Augmented Dexterity is only very effective when fully buffed with red con buffs, if you are, then these are good options:
For 20 RA points, the best option is MotArt 3 + Aug Dex 3
For 24 RA points, the best option is MotArt 4 + Aug Dex 2
For 30 RA points, the best option is MotArt 4 + Aug Dex 3

PS: Yes, the formulas are correct

Enjoy :)

E

eynar

There's a similar web-based calculator online for both attack & casting speed on the homepage of some guild. Can't remember url tho.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Anyone else think that it is possible to over-analyse something to the point of boredom?

Its a game u muppet! :)

P

poi

how do i open xls files without microsoft office?

A

Ardrias_Mid

Think Microsoft have some Excel viewer on their site.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Looks to me that the base calculation you use (before RA's) is:

speed = delve * ((1 - (DEX - 60) / 600) / 1)

Where did this formula come from? I always though that DEX reduced cast speed by 1% for every 10 points from 50 to 250 dex and 1% every 20 points after 250 dex.

From the Camelot Herald Grab Bag:
Q: Would you please give more detail as to how dex affects a caster? For instance, I understand that when I have my dex maxed I will cast 25% faster. How does this work incrementally?

A: From a dex of 50 to a dex of 250, the formula lets you cast 1% faster for each ten points. From a dex of 250 to the maximum possible (which as you know depends on your starting total), your speed increases 1% for every twenty points.
Where did you get your formula from?

O

old.Tohtori

Casting speeds...

Attack speeds....

Buff effects....

They shouldn't be calculated. A true player has, as a finnish saying goes, "assfeeling" about these things. What it means that...as an example:

In a cargame you don't have the same assfeeling to the controls of the car as you would IRL.

Basicly you just know it. Feel it. Use the fucking force. After a while you know exactly how long it takes to cast, pull of a style, run from milegate to the frontier in stealth.

*nods*

T

TaF

Originally posted by Ardrias_Mid
Think Microsoft have some Excel viewer on their site.

VIEWER, can't edit anything, so can't change numbers and shit :< . Well at least with that viewer thingie wot i got :p

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
They shouldn't be calculated. A true player has, as a finnish saying goes, "assfeeling" about these things.
You may be right, but a lot of the fun people get out of the game is 'min-max'ing - tweaking for maximum potential effect. That's what all this is about. And the cost of RA respecs means that you can't try out all the RA combinations by trial and error - you have to make a decision - and most people like to make informed decisions.

Maybe we should have an "Assfeeling" server, where all the drops are ROG and no stats are ever displayed?

Of course, outside Finland, "Assfeeling" has a different meaning ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
You may be right, but a lot of the fun people get out of the game is 'min-max'ing - tweaking for maximum potential effect. That's what all this is about. And the cost of RA respecs means that you can't try out all the RA combinations by trial and error - you have to make a decision - and most people like to make informed decisions.

Maybe we should have an "Assfeeling" server, where all the drops are ROG and no stats are ever displayed?

Of course, outside Finland, "Assfeeling" has a different meaning ;)

True, true. On the "assfeeling" and the way most people like to play. Maybe i'll try and fit my design into a nonstat game. Should make it interesting as all you would need is speach bubbles :p

Maybe Butt-itch about things is a more correct term :D

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Looks to me that the base calculation you use (before RA's) is:

speed = delve * ((1 - (DEX - 60) / 600) / 1)

Where did this formula come from? I always though that DEX reduced cast speed by 1% for every 10 points from 50 to 250 dex and 1% every 20 points after 250 dex.

From the Camelot Herald Grab Bag:

Where did you get your formula from?

Got the formula from someone else, and that little formula you said is incorrect, don't know where it came from.

Basically: the more dex you got, the more effect 1 point of dex will have, so +10 dex on 60 dex (70 total) isn't noticable, +10 dex on 340 dex (350 total) is a HUGE difference.

That's why this formula is correct, and it shows the same speed as my cast time is when i calculate it by parsing logs, so it is correct. :)

S

Sharma

Enter class: Bonedancer.
Spell cast time: Zero Secs.

L

lairiodd

Did some tests
Estimate 1 is Mythic's formula = delve*(1-(dex-60)/1000)
Estimate 2 is Xeanor's formula = delve*(1-(dex-60)/600)

Did 3 tests at different dex values:

---------------------------------------

70 dex
Average: 2.98
estimate 1: 2.97
estimate 2: 2.95

-------------------------------

127 dex ( 70 + 57 buff )
estimate 1: 2.8
estimate 2: 2.67

--------------------------------
145 ( 70 + 75 items )
average: 2.6
estimate 1: 2.745
estimate 2: 2.575
202 ( 70 + 75 + 57 )
average: 2.32
estimate 1: 2.574
estimate 2: 2.29

Xeanor's one does seem more accurate. Having said that without spec buffs I cant get my dex past the 250 mark :)

Btw, what is the formula for MOA ( im not a big fan of downloading excel files from the internet )

Is the overall formula:

Cast time = Delve*(1-(dex-60)/600)*(1 - MOA*0.015)
or
Cast time = Delve*(1-(dex-60)/600-MOA*0.015)

i.e. does MOA get applied after dex or does it count as an effective +9 to dex ?

Also, the formula implies that a dex of 660 would allow all spells to be insta cast :)

Best possible hib dex would be:
Luri base: 80
Creation: +18
base dex buff with MOA 5: 48*1.25 *1.15= 69
Spec dex/qui with : 73*1.25*1.15 = 104
aug dex 5: +15
items +75

leveling ( 2nd stat ): +23
Leveling ( 1st stat ): +45 ( shade only )

Total assuming non-shade:

Giving a casting speed of double the delve speed.

L

lairiodd

That's why this formula is correct, and it shows the same speed as my cast time is when i calculate it by parsing logs, so it is correct.
Btw, how high did you take your dex when testing that ?

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by lairiodd
Btw, how high did you take your dex when testing that ?

345 with aug dex included. (mota4)

and 333 dex with mota5

And you said mine is most accurate, mine is perfectly accurate, the log parsing is just inaccurate because it doesnt work with milliseconds :p

And the formula for casting speed is: [Delve]*(1 - ([dex]-60)/600)/(1+0.03*[MotArt]))

And i doubt anyone is gonna get 660 dex :)

L

lairiodd

Yeah, cos seconds are used. the times are only accrate to 0.05 seconds or so.

Btw, if your formula is correct and you tend to have 250-300 dex or so most fights, then you can just assume that aug dex = MOTA point for point and just get whichever one is cheapest.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by lairiodd
Yeah, cos seconds are used. the times are only accrate to 0.05 seconds or so.

Btw, if your formula is correct and you tend to have 250-300 dex or so most fights, then you can just assume that aug dex = MOTA point for point and just get whichever one is cheapest.

Dex2 + MotA4 is faster than Dex3 + MotA3 tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom