Do you think ill get a refund?

J

johndoe

He knew there was a chance of this situation before he paid his 10 Euro.

Yes i did know, but i thought i had exhausted all means of finding out if the character was gone for good with out activating the account.

If he hadn't of been lazy and asked me those two vital questions then this could have been avoided. I asked him was there any information in which i could give that could tell him if the character could be restored or not and he just ignored it and told me i had to pay to find out.

V

Vell

Originally posted by Jupitus
If we change the script:

1) receive request
2) check character database
3) IF account closed THEN send more detailed information about restorations ELSE GOTO 4
4) respond yes if character there, no if character not there

Or, they could just add the character restoration conditions into the Rightnow database. That is, after all, what it's there for. Of course, that would mean less income for the company (for instance, this guy would not have renewed if the conditions were on rightnow) so they have chosen not to put it there.

Customer Service are NOT just there for present customers - they are also there, by definition, for future, or potential customers, and as such, their replies are inadequate.

O

old.moriath

I thought there was something that was said about them not being able to restore chars deleted before SI after the SI code had been added.

Maybe im just imagining things again tho..... too much RL get me back in game NOW !!!

J

johndoe

Weither i get my ten euro back or not, i think its safe to say some one needs to add that information to the FAQ and inform the CSR's (if they don't know already).

I'm still waiting a reply from kemor, if i don't get one ill just have to speak to Right Now again.

G

Gandir

Well a company that does care about there customers, or atleast have a little self respect would have payed the money back. This is just another thing that shows how "good" GOA's support is.

They dont care about there community and customers at all, becaus when it takes that long to get an answer or the fact they the CS are just open during daytime, simply they dont care. Just take Everquest for an instance that also are criticised for there bad customer support, have a wounderful service if you compare to goa. Atleast you get an answer within one to two hours.

"Please GOA get a better customer support for your own good, and I really want more and more player to buy your game and play it. But as you treat your customers, all the comming MMPORG's will whipe your game clean of players"

V

Vell

morally I guess he could argue for a refund, but legally? never :)

No, legally, he will not get a refund. However, Debenhams do not need to give you your money back for that shirt either, if we're talking about the law.

I don't think we are talking legally. We're talking morally. GOA's customer service was (in this instance) inadequate and appauling. That is why he should get a refund.

M

mordia

Originally posted by old.moriath
I thought there was something that was said about them not being able to restore chars deleted before SI after the SI code had been added.

If there was, GOA should have definately informed us better about it and add it to FAQ.

O

old.Cordain

Originally posted by Vell

No, legally, he will not get a refund. However, Debenhams do not need to give you your money back for that shirt either, if we're talking about the law.

Atleast in Finland you have a 14 day (not sure may vary a day or two) right to return the item even if only reason was that you didnt like the color. You get your money back or you can buy stuff worth the returned item.
(does not apply on edible stuff etc.)

A

Aeiedil

afaik that is not so in england :p credit cards have some kind of guarentee and some shops have cash-back periods but not all (correct me if i am wrong)

S

SilverHood

relatively easy to do a chargeback... the bank will most likely be on your side.

T

Tesla Monkor

Stop blaming GOA -- beat your brother up, make HIM pay the 10 Euro, and get him to recreate your charater and play it to L40. (With no food until he finishes it)

That should cure him from ever messing around with your equipment again. =)

L

-Lonewolf-

Fact is, he is being given the service he is paying for, ie a login id and password with access to the servers. His subs do not include character restoration as a part of that service, because it is known that sometimes it is not possible. Therefore he can play for a month now albeit on a new character, or he can write the 10 Euros off and go kick his borther's ass.

The service he paid his 10 Euros for is being provided.

Jupitus is right, and on top of that if you had said to GOA my brother had created more than 2-4 chars then maybe they would have told u the chance of your char being there was unlikely. But from your post u said a vague "few"

At the end of the day the fault does lie with yourself however that does not account for the bad communication to yourself

Sorry to hear ur loss :(

C

Cush

Tell him to go lvl some more then untill he is atleast lvl 18 before he start to do some irl PvP

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Stop blaming GOA -- beat your brother up, make HIM pay the 10 Euro, and get him to recreate your charater and play it to L40. (With no food until he finishes it)

That should cure him from ever messing around with your equipment again. =)

Beat me up bitach! ;)

V

Vivishade

kill your little bro... might make you feel better... it does me :p

K

kemor

While I rarely post in "CSR bashing" threads, I think it's needed here.

I won't get into details, letting the original poster give the "real" version of this case, but here are some thoughts and facts:
- When you have to report a problem in rightnow, do it yourself (owner of the account), do not ask a friend to do it, and certainly do not do it using another account.
- Account selling/trading is against the Coc and EULA.
- Please also make sure that the information you give in your rightnow message is correct. If you say that the account is closed, we generally believe you, but the concerned account has never been closed, so asking for a refund due to reactivation is moot.

Maybe the CSR's answer was not "detailed" enough, but it was based on misleading information. Pushing us the wrong way (posting on boards with half truth is a good example) is usually one of the best thing to do wake up the beast and the beast can be very tenacious in finding the "real" truth...

Case solved.

S

Sigurd

Hey Kemor old buddy, would you mind telling me if I'm actually going to be given a working CD key for the second account I bought, or if I'm just screwed? Dying to know here, been waiting quite a few days after emailing good ol' GOA with my "invalid" CD key - still, when you're ready, eh?

J

Jupitus

Sadly Chimera it looks like some sad CoC violater has been wasting GOA support's time for you and other customers with genuine problems :rolleyes:

As for johndoe:

[ENDING A]

pwn3d :)

[/ENDING A]

[ENDING B]

I knew it! I was TEH CUSHION (tm)!!!!

[/ENDING B]

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by the_chimera
Hey Kemor old buddy, would you mind telling me if I'm actually going to be given a working CD key for the second account I bought, or if I'm just screwed? Dying to know here, been waiting quite a few days after emailing good ol' GOA with my "invalid" CD key - still, when you're ready, eh?

invalid CD?

as in someone registered it already? or is it missing digits?

if its the former take it back to the shop - they sold you a defective copy.

S

Sigurd

It has 34 digits I think - the shop only had the one copy when I bought it anyway :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom