Do you remember ... <reminds me of biscuits>

O

old.Jable

when you had to go into combat mode before some people could see you inside cities...

when you could kill a man with your bare hands and be back in time for tea...

when luri's knew their place and didn't get under your feet...

when elfs were completely useless but at the same time kinda tall...

when you could cancel your account and not get billed a month later...

when you looked at the camelot box and thought "this game is going to be really good"...

when you went to buy shrouded isles and looked at the box and thought "this game is going to be really good"...

when you bought your first cloak...

when you lost it (your temper, NOT the cloak :p ) and swore at a complete stranger for the first time...

when you chatted to "that" elf lady, only to discover its a dude called roger...

:m00:

N

NetNifty

I remember getting my level 5 starter weapon at the beginning of beta, chucking it on the ground to /repair it after it got down to 99% con or so... and going LD, returning back and had lost my weapon. Trainer given MP > 85% merchant stuff lol.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Jable
when you bought your first cloak...

when you lost it and swore at a complete stranger for the first time...

You have to be "special" to loose a cloak....or even a piece of copper! :p

O

old.Dillinja

I remember a lot of things from my first few days/weeks playing DAoC, no doubt the best times I've had in the game. This being my first MMORPG everything about it was pretty much new to me which probably made the game even better. Nothing's the same after you've been a newbie, you've been there, done that. Got that drop, got enough money for black dye all over, levelled out of that dungeon and all that's left is RvR. The game goes steadily downhill from then imo, was funny though, early last year when I first got plate, having people coming up to me 'how much does that cost?' 'wow u look cool' etc. Damn the game rocked back then. :p

O

old.Tohtori

old.Dillinja i have to disagree....in a way.

I still find out new things, only because i never did the "huf huf level to 50!" thing. Tried out stuff, realms, classes, some classes twice maybe three times and now..after a good two year run of DAoC, i have all the things after level 24 to look forward to. All of SI to explore.

Heck, just a week or so ago i went to Skona for the first time :p

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
old.Dillinja i have to disagree....in a way.

I still find out new things, only because i never did the "huf huf level to 50!" thing. Tried out stuff, realms, classes, some classes twice maybe three times and now..after a good two year run of DAoC, i have all the things after level 24 to look forward to. All of SI to explore.

Heck, just a week or so ago i went to Skona for the first time :p

your status is odd you dont count for the average player :p

and everything gets dull after you have done it a few times. Which is why mythic keeps adding stuff to the game so there is more stuff to do a few times ;)

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by old.Jable
when you chatted to "that" elf lady, only to discover its a dude called roger...

That was the only good one. :p

O

old.Jable

yeah well i posted late, out of desperation cos the board had no new threads that were distinctly interesting. so i wrote words and posted it, nothing more than that im afraid.

on a more serious note, i look back on my newbie days with the same fondness that a mother has for her baby. i wish i could tell my younger self to have taken it slower, not to push too hard, and not to have rolled a druid as main, cos if you cant get a group you are fucked.

:m00:

O

old.Halfpint

I rember when I first started playing I rolled an elf ranger, (highly original I know ;)) I got realy disheartened when i had finally saved up for enough cash for a bow only to find that I couldnt use it after I had bought it :( I guess it would have helped had I read some of the instructions and knew that you had to be level 5 and choose the path to become a ranger :p

My second character was alot more successful and I managed to get my luri eldrich up to a whopping level 31!! (I cant remember the exact spec but I had just about every spell possible). One of the things that still makes me chuckle is remembering a discussion I was having with my in game friends on a horse ride to Innis how I seemed to die realy easily and then asking if they knew why my 'con' was red and at 0.....oh how they laughed!!, it cost me fortune at that time too to buy all my con back, I dont think that I realised that you lost con when you died and I had never bought any back at the healers as I only ever clicked them the once to get rid of rez sickness, and to tell the truth I dont think I would have wasted my cash on restoring it as I was saving up for some black dye for my robes :rolleyes:

Saying that I still enjoy learning new things and am looking forward to Trials of Atlantis for the oppertunity to make many more stoopid dicoveries :)

O

old.Alliandre

Started as an Elven NS. Got to level 6, and was down to 0 con before the end. An Eldritch called Quenatir helped me out, told me how gimped I'd be, and helped me get a luri NS to level 9. Decided to roll a light chanter after that. Been gimped ever since ;)

O

osy

when you tried to bind to any big rock you encountered...

when you specced your toon evenly in all skills, to make it balanced...

when you wore cloth, as a fighting class, just because it looked better...

when you ported to an enemy realm for the first time, in order to explore, and got killed by purple mobs...

when you tried to /send Blodfelag Lieutenant "why did you kill me, I'm friendly..."

when you first saw Njessi... and died to it :)

when you specced a weapon, but still go in combat pressing F6, not knowing there are styles in game...

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by old.Osy
Did this - when you tried to bind to any big rock you encountered...

Did this - when you specced your toon evenly in all skills, to make it balanced...

Didn't do that - when you wore cloth, as a fighting class, just because it looked better...

Did this - when you ported to an enemy realm for the first time, in order to explore, and got killed by purple mobs...

Didn't do that - when you tried to /send Blodfelag Lieutenant "why did you kill me, I'm friendly..."

Who? - when you first saw Njessi... and died to it :)

Did that til lvl bloody 30 - when you specced a weapon, but still go in combat pressing F6, not knowing there are styles in game...

T

the_fnord

Ahhhhh! Njessi! I think that all my toons but one (yay /level :p ) have been killed by Njessi at sum stage in their small lifes! :D

Do u remember

askin a highlvl dude of ur class what spec to go and blindly following his/her words...

askin the way to Jordheim just outside the gates...

buyin poison thinkin that everybody could use it...

speced darkness just becus' it sounded much cooler than suppression and summoning...

gettin greyganked by sum stealther for the first time and go "wtf was that?"...

when u actually watched the whole horseride from point A to point B...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread