Do you play with DAoC like a FPS (han on the mouse), or are you a keyboard player?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Keyboard + mouse 4teh. all keys are custom atm, 'cept for mouslook (v instead of m), but I'm gonna try and do sum sort of more efficient setting one of these days. hope it'll work out! :)

Edo

Fledgling Freddie
Gorel-Truesight said:
mouse and Nostromo N52

15 programable buttons + gamepad + mouse, means i only touch the keyboard to talk to people

similar configuration for me:

mouse and Microsoft Strategic Commander

72 programable buttons (save 2 spots on qbar macroing /stick and /sprint) + gamepad + mouse, I also touch the keyboard only to chit chat.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Teren said:
i play all my classes with keyb/mouse

ESDF for moving
Q last attacker
A attack
W sit
C face
V stick
CTRL mouselook

and everything else i do with mouse:
click hotbar
click targets (as i mostly play casters)
etc

walk around usually with mouse look for better control (i use esdf + mouselook, uber control)

I've got something similar, but v is combat mode, c sit, q reply, t stick, h nearest object, g get

esdf for moving, wr for rotating

might remap last attacker - it's on delete at the moment... have a mapped to ground target, z for center camera, right mouse button is mouselook, middle button freelook - so both buttons for looking around then z to reset the camera :)

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
Edo said:
similar configuration for me:

mouse and Microsoft Strategic Commander

72 programable buttons (save 2 spots on qbar macroing /stick and /sprint) + gamepad + mouse, I also touch the keyboard only to chit chat.

I used to use a commander but have been going off it for a while

N52 has 15 buttons + a mouse wheel + a thumb game pad thingie

can have 4 different toggles as well which means 104 different buttons available to u

Nostromo N52

having 2 mouse wheels is usefull as i can set the nostromo 1 up as a roll forward to select nearest enemy, roll back for a macro that targets nearest loot and then picks it up, and press it down for target last attacker

Edo

Fledgling Freddie
Gorel-Truesight said:
I used to use a commander but have been going off it for a while

N52 has 15 buttons + a mouse wheel + a thumb game pad thingie

can have 4 different toggles as well which means 104 different buttons available to u

Nostromo N52

having 2 mouse wheels is usefull as i can set the nostromo 1 up as a roll forward to select nearest enemy, roll back for a macro that targets nearest loot and then picks it up, and press it down for target last attacker

Thx for the info, in fact the commander stats to be a bit old. I think I will try one of those.

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
had mine about a month and love it

once they have bindable keys to weapons slots (1.65)it all becomes so much easier..

thouight it was going to be hard to get used to but is alot better thought out than the old N50 and the strategic commander

buttons are a bit stiff to start with but become smoother over time.

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
Keyboard most of time.

Mouse is locked with view, when standing around i use mouse.
but all other , i use the key's .

like 1 told i almost know how much times to press F8 for target.
when i attack i got right q-bar so can do 1 , 2 , 3-4 , 3-4 , 3-4
arrow keys for movement , X , S for updown look.
Yeah got the hang of it.
some time's when pulling mobs for the good old diamonds i tent to hang back and play only with mouse.
And yes after 2 years of doac my logictec kb got a really Used look now :D
it almost predict /rele already after 10sec of no kb use :)

Bellona

Banned
got all movement keys around WASD and all functions like stick, face, sprint etc.. and then uses mouse for target picking..

got used to play with mouse when i played my sorc in rvr, didnt quite work if u waited with picking a target until u could use the nearest enemy key :p

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i have a series of 90 macro replies so i never need to use the keyboard. :eek:

domin8or

Fledgling Freddie
WASD = Movement
Alt = Strafe Toggle
Space = Jump
> = Walk ( the button at left side of 'z' )
T = Torch
G = Get loot
Z = Attack mode
F = Use item
V = Nearest Enemy
X = last attacker
Ctrl = Mouselook
Middle mouse button = Camera toggle
Q = stick
E = face
B = Sprint

Almost every key on keyboard is taken atm so when 1.65 comes where you can bind 1h slot and 2h slot on the keyboard, I need to reconfigure :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i have nearest target and stick mapped to the 2 extra side buttons on my mouse, i find it much easier to to target stuff and move around at the same time.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
I do all steering with the mouse, except for strafing obviously.
Keyboard layout is still based on the defaults (FPS I think), but with some modifications:

E - Stick
Shift+E - Face (so I can immediately face when out of stick range)
R - Sprint
Shift+R Follow
T - Use key

H - Sell key
. - Reply
Shift+L - Torch
Mouse3 - Last Attacker

All spellcasting and styles I do with keyboard. Unless I'm being too lazy to sit up straight, then I steer around with arrow keys and cast with mouse ;)

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
Here's my [FPS] settings, which evolved from my Quake II/III days. They are a lot more natural than the default keys (especially the movement, enemy target, loot target, loot get and character information tab' keys), which are all over the place.

My Keyboard Settings

I also have a question about the Nostromo N52, what is GOA's view on using this? Especially as it has a powerful and configurable Macro function.

Nice thread btw!!

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
I use mouse alot.

I only use keyboard to write, face, stick, sprint, strafe, toggle cam view and when I have to quickcast something or use a RA/potion.

and yes this comes after I played Counter-Strike for 3½ years :p I should be ashamed of being an FPS gamer :twak:

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Mostely Mouse, but thats only because I strated with it I know it qould make me better to use buttons more, but hard to learn ´to change after starting with mouse :(

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
aye

mouse and keyboard :)

wasd
f- face
ctrl - sprint
caps - walk

mouse button 4 and 5 for #9 and #0

§+mouse button 2 for pan viewing

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Mouse when targetting , switch to keyboard when fighting /casting

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
w=Walk forward
s=Walb backward
a=Strafe Left
d=Strafe Right
q=Nearest Enemy
z=face
x=stick
c=sit
alt=mousetoggle
ctrl=attackmode
space=jump

i use the mouse to target and use the styles on 6,7,8,9,0 in qb

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
e = nearest enemy
k = last attacker
f = face
v = stick
z = sprint
h = nearest object
g = get object

rest default (except some minor stuff.. delve etc) :eek:

Jaff

Fledgling Freddie
I use the mouse for everything, targetting, casting spells, looking around. Keyboard only gets used for when i feel the need to talk to someone :touch:

Fester

Fledgling Freddie
My mouse won't work at all anymore, haven't played DAOC since the release of Cats, took ages to be able to install it, toing and froing with GOA. Once I got it installed the mouse, my tool of choice wouldn't work anymore, GOA have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot on this particular matter :( Any suggestions please ?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
WASD for movement
tab for nearest target since its closer to movement than f8
B is stick, N is face
Space qbound to assist (or will be when i can be arsed)

Mouse4 is mouse movement toggle and mouse5 is camera pan toggle (MX1000 mouse)

So in short i play it like an fps

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
Direction for movement and rest is pretty much standard save for 1 and zero on keypad being nearest target and combat mode.

gotten way to used to stick and face being macro which are always on same spot in bar.

use mousescroll to switch barrs and gotten quete good at it :clap:

Herjulf

Banned
Personally i use a combination of mouse and keybord.

To make spellcasting effective and by using the muscle memory, i also have Qbinds strategically positioned around my WASD+Q+E steering. (moved WASD to TFGH).

And uses E R D X C V B N M J K U for qbinds. And some shift+key combos. I still havent gotten em in and my hand keep going for WASD, as i have been using that combination for fps and mmorpgs since the beginning of time. But when i have crushed enough puny albs. The muscle memory is bound to pick up after a while.

to do QUICK spinnarounds i use the mouse, i activate mouselook by pressing x and holding. so i can still run forward while steering.

I use a Razer Diamondback and use mouse4 for teamspeak and mousewheel for nothing at the moment, i am thinking of using mousewheel with one of the qbinds. (can bind mousekeys to a keyboard key in software. )

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
This is like an Ancient thread...

Last post before it was brought back to life was :

1st February 2004, 06:03 PM

:D

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Mouse and A/Z (forward back), Q/W (left right), S/X (jump/sit)

same keys for CS, Doom, UT etc - never did get used to WASD so this works good for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom