Do you play Senario's?

• Yes

Votes: 60 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Please choose an answer to the poll and give a short explanation as to your answer.

Thanks,

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yes
any xp is good xp, there arent enough quests out there
its quicker to lvl than trying to do ORVR
but its defo less fun :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
As everyone knows, the xp is good, can't beat that

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
It needs an 'occasionally' option :)

I try to avoid them where i can, oRvR being more fun 9 times out of 10. I'll only play scenarios for reasons others have already pointed out - to top up the exp.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
for exp mostly as stated by others or in the off hours when nothing is happening in RvR / WC exit camped

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I voted yes.

I play them because they are fun.

If there is an unspoken second question here about "why do you play scenarios instead of oRvR?" the answer for me is:

1) ORvR is not always on when I am on.

2) ORvR often involves a lot of standing around waiting for people to get their act together, or running fairly long distances to get to the fight.

3) ORvR is too prone to being lopsided (either Order or Chaos are vastly outnumbered, making the fight much less fun than something even sided).

My ideal game would have no leveling, and would have all scenarios and RvR open to all players from account creation. Doubt I'll ever see that though, cos games manufacturers ain't got the imagination to get rid of PvE and still keep the richness of the environment.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
I've played a lot of scenarios, my main is a lvl 36 shammy (Overdrive) and i've more or less only gotten xp from scenarios, found 'em fun to start with, but they become a grind eventually.
They are a nice way to get xp and a bit of gold, and a great way for lower lvl's to learn how to play your class in rvr.
Even though i'm playing on a "ok" machine my ORvR experience have been rather disheartening.
Constant crashes and a terrible clip range have made it more or less impossible to do any real rvr, and when i by some divine intervention managed to not crash and were able to see my enemies, it was just hours of boring running around capping BO's.
Sub is running out and i'm not planning to renew anytime soon.
Also i really miss that "for the realm" kinda feeling that i had in DAoC. :)

-A.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I play them to xp, because repetative xp is better than shite pve xp. Would I play them at 40? no, because if I wanted to play scenario's end game I would play WoW which is better at it.

All in all your poll is like GOA and WAR, shite in its current state, and in desperately need of work.

legar

Loyal Freddie
My ideal game would have no leveling, and would have all scenarios and RvR open to all players from account creation. Doubt I'll ever see that though, cos games manufacturers ain't got the imagination to get rid of PvE and still keep the richness of the environment.

you do know guildwars is 100% like that right?:kissit:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, because there is rarely anything else to do below T4. At least in a scenario you can actually be part of a group instead of being solo all the time.

legar

Loyal Freddie
Yes, because there is rarely anything else to do below T4. At least in a scenario you can actually be part of a group instead of being solo all the time.

uuhm.. this morning, afternoon and parts of the evening i set myself the goal to get all my RR till 11 and 100% of my influence done in all T1 rvr zones.

i did it without even breaking a sweat and levelling from 7-11 at the time.

i just posted in /1 WB forming for influence and BO taking. pst to join.

and within minutes i had warbands going wich followed me around all over the fucking place getting my influence done capping BO and killing peeps in rvr.

great times and good fun and extremely easy to setup!

so dont whine man, take actions into your own hand

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie

I know it claims to be like it, but in reality, or at least when I played it some years ago, all the skill unlocks from PvE mean that PvPing without PvEing is not competitive.

Also, Guildwars had a god awful terrain engine when I played it. Hated the UI, movement and environment interactivity.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
xp/renown. No zerging, and no running around for 15 minutes then waiting for some idiot to take his dog for a walk.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Occasionally yes - cause it is fast to get action so I don't have to commit a lot of time for oRvR, it is usually population balanced and it can be nice to get away from the zerging.
And yes - when playing alts for XP to level up on.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
No, I tend to avoid scenarios like the plague, there are a few that I enjoy but the consent repetition of the same one scenario over and over is enough to strip what little sanity I have left. There's also the problem of having no control over who you zone in with compered to Orvr where you can play with the people you choose too, while still having much more dynamic game play.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
From time to time, I try to avoid them though - I've even found myself spending hours just running around in some of the rvr lakes just looking for people, rather than joining a scenario.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
uuhm.. this morning, afternoon and parts of the evening i set myself the goal to get all my RR till 11 and 100% of my influence done in all T1 rvr zones.

i did it without even breaking a sweat and levelling from 7-11 at the time.

i just posted in /1 WB forming for influence and BO taking. pst to join.

and within minutes i had warbands going wich followed me around all over the fucking place getting my influence done capping BO and killing peeps in rvr.

great times and good fun and extremely easy to setup!

so dont whine man, take actions into your own hand

Tried it, in fact i try it most days and the best i can get together is small WB's who want to pve everything and run away and disband the second an enemy shows up. The last time i did that i tried to lead them against a keep defended by destro and they all fucked off to pve BO's somewhere else because they said the rp's weren't going to be good enough...

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
well i go Scenarios because everytime i am in open rvr the train runs away from any decent fight there is and it seems the only place i can get my hunger satisfied for rvr is in scenarios.

i dont care about renown in open rvr (i dont think it is fun to farm battle objectives or keeps without enemies)

Afran

Part of the furniture
No because I barely gain any RP's for doing it at RR48.

Did whilst levelling though.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like the quickest way to level, scenarios & quests. t3+ orvr on Dragonback atm is a joke. The good Order players either left, rerolled or do pve.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
up until the only scenario I could get into was Serpent's back passage the answer would be 'yes, because they're quite good fun occasionally - back to back they get pretty dull, but I can join them while questing or whatever for a change of pace'

Now it's pretty much the same answer but change occasionally to "once in a blue moon" as serpents passage does drag (not nearly as bad as tor anroc but absolutely nothing else pops on orrud :()

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I know it claims to be like it, but in reality, or at least when I played it some years ago, all the skill unlocks from PvE mean that PvPing without PvEing is not competitive.

Also, Guildwars had a god awful terrain engine when I played it. Hated the UI, movement and environment interactivity.

I can't remember what GW was like at the start, but before I quit playing you could unlock all skills (except skills that are only useable in PvE) through PvP alone. You get faction points for kills/wins and you can spend those points on unlocks for skills/items/runes/heros for your PvP characters.

Back on WAR, previously I played scenarios because they were 90% of the time the only way I could get into some decent non PvE action and because they were a welcome break from dull PvE xping. But since they have introduced the ORVR influence system I have noticed massive changes in the amount of people in RvR zones on K8P (and my brother says on Karak Norn too) in t1 and t3 (haven't checked the others yet). I've been playing lots more RvR in the lakes today and I can tell you it is more fun than scenarios. I only played scenarios today when my new BG hadn't reached the RvR zone.

Ibmurai

Fledgling Freddie
My thought exactly ;)

Oh, and I'm always queue for all three scenarios, but on my server it's a rare occasion when I get in... And Order seems to be all level 20's, somehow (I'm a lvl 14 chosen atm)... So I don't find it that fun, but it's a way to get to play this mmo with other people: a rare thing, at least on my server... I'm hoping things'll change at lvl 40...

Scorn

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, I play scenarios. Mostly because I quite enjoy them. Now I recently graduated to T3 and even the first time I played Tor Anroc I definitely didn't like it. Apparently it's the scenario that pops most often but I think I'm going to opt to not queue for it and have more fun questing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh i do play em, basically if you login and have short time, it's the quicker way to get some PvP with equal numbers.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I play them while exping mostly for exp and renown.

Lvl 40 I prefer ORvR.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Yes - Unless ORVR is active in the zone I'm questing in, otherwise I'll ORVR first as it's more varied and fun.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
same as eveyrone else said plus....

Nordenwatch is fun - alot of fun.

When you've just spend 2 hours in orvr healing and you just want to nuke some nublets Nordenwatch and a low level alt is great fun.

Disabling nordenwatch has properly pissed me off.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom