Do you need to repair the bard Champ harp?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
As the title says, is there any need to repair the bard champion weapon or will it still be just as effective at 70% con?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
As the title says, is there any need to repair the bard champion weapon or will it still be just as effective at 70% con?

I would say you dont. Weapons... if we can call it that way only needs repair if it has +skill on hit or your planing to hit some1 with it melee.
As for casting purposes con has nothing to do with spells landing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Depends what stats it got on, if it is +skills/+stats/+hits and you need em then repair it, resistances instead won't get affected by con loss.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
wont it stop working as an instrument at some stage? afaik conventional lutes do :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what stats it got on, if it is +skills/+stats/+hits and you need em then repair it, resistances instead won't get affected by con loss.

+stats and +hits arnt affected by con on "weapon" im pretty sure of that. Besides the +skills the only thing that goes down is (if it was melee weapon) the chance to hit %...prettty much like weapon quality affects hit chance.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
+stats and +hits arnt affected by con on "weapon" im pretty sure of that. Besides the +skills the only thing that goes down is (if it was melee weapon) the chance to hit %...prettty much like weapon quality affects hit chance.

On a 2nd thought u might be right, time goes and my memory gets worse ^^

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Well the champ weapon just has ToA bonuses on it.

What I was worried about was that either the charges wouldn't work or I wouldn't be able to cast songs etc.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
wont it stop working as an instrument at some stage? afaik conventional lutes do :)

They did, once upon a time a long time a go. Think it was @ 70% you couldn't get a song out of them anymore. Not had the embarrasing situation happen for a while mind. They seemed to lose con really quickly too, running around OF Emain & suddenly no speed at all......

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
If I remember well I was noticing some songs falling off quite suddenly so I was repairing the damn thing. Might be wrong tho or might have been a case of fat fingers

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
what gear said ( song falloff gets shite) + you need harplevel*con% to be higher than the songlevel, otherwise it will play the songs, but at lower effectiveness.

to speak in numbers: a level 50 70% harp will only play "level35" songs, aka end/speed 4, mana3. you will still play your high nurture songs, but they are not as effective anymore.

similar to magestaffs and focus on them ...

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
what gear said ( song falloff gets shite) + you need harplevel*con% to be higher than the songlevel, otherwise it will play the songs, but at lower effectiveness.

to speak in numbers: a level 50 70% harp will only play "level35" songs, aka end/speed 4, mana3. you will still play your high nurture songs, but they are not as effective anymore.

similar to magestaffs and focus on them ...

That was 3 years ago :p
If your sure about that we can race with my mincer with 70% con on harp and see :D

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
If I remember well I was noticing some songs falling off quite suddenly so I was repairing the damn thing. Might be wrong tho or might have been a case of fat fingers

i think it was because you were drunk :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom